Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

also the fact that mittani talks to dabigredboat so much makes me less sympathetic

You can come chat in the Discord. Kimsemus made me mod so I plan to prove how terrible of an idea that was by spamming "!airhorn" :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

Maybe the best place to start is not making GBS threads on an ally 1/3rd your size that's pulling 2x your numbers

Keep trying. You'll get there.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

Everything you're coalition is doing, literally every single loving thing is something the Imperium has chastised other groups for doing in previous wars.

You have years of Dek money in a war chest and you don't just want to go out and shoot mans? I don't understand. For all the blurf about 'the best doctrines, the best ships, the best FCs' how is any of that a reality if you have all these toys that you just won't use?

Are you really saying TEST had more of a commitment to their space than the Imperium, who held the galactic north for almost 6 years? I mean enjoy your ~wulfpax~ I guess, totally hating killing 200 bombers with 40 sleipnirs. Hating it.

"please feed us fleets, oh god please feed us fleets"

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Phi230 posted:

I lost 700,000 isk on eve bet

No i dont have a problem

Lost 9billion on a hockey game

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

fyi, we're not going to feed you fleets

to the best of our ability anyways

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cravius posted:

Regardless of his personal views, you'd think a dude so obsessed with coalition building would not condone his directorate openly making GBS threads on said coalition members at every possible turn.

aren't these illum logs? if so then he's not letting them openly poo poo on them; he's letting them poo poo on them in private, so as to avoid letting all that frustration bottle up and lead to apathy or fuckgoons

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Nietzschean posted:

aren't these illum logs? if so then he's not letting them openly poo poo on them; he's letting them poo poo on them in private, so as to avoid letting all that frustration bottle up and lead to apathy or fuckgoons

Yeah, I didn't pay attention to the source. I thought they were from elysium. This resulted in my badpost.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

like when the enemy broadcasts the same desire over, and over, and over, the easy play becomes "don't give them what they want"

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Also considering the actual full logs were posted after, it was blatantly obvious that people ran with it out of context.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Xolve posted:

Everything you're coalition is doing, literally every single loving thing is something the Imperium has chastised other groups for doing in previous wars.

You have years of Dek money in a war chest and you don't just want to go out and shoot mans? I don't understand. For all the blurf about 'the best doctrines, the best ships, the best FCs' how is any of that a reality if you have all these toys that you just won't use?

Are you really saying TEST had more of a commitment to their space than the Imperium, who held the galactic north for almost 6 years? I mean enjoy your ~wulfpax~ I guess, totally hating killing 200 bombers with 40 sleipnirs. Hating it.

Yet here you are chastising us for not doing what you think we should be doing to give you guys content? Do you honestly think we loving care at all to try to fight those kinds of odds? We aren't loving retarded, we know we'll get loving rolled. So what do we do? We continue to troll the gently caress out of the rest of this dumb game because we know it pisses you off so much that we rolled over and let you take it all and denied you the fights that you guys are howling for. You know that once the rest of your coalition gets bored enough the infighting will begin, half of them will gently caress off because goons have no more sov so they will declare victory and then move on. PL will gently caress off to the alliance tournament and whichever group of morons thinks settling in Deklein is a good idea will find out the meaning of guerrilla warfare as we retake Deklein and the surrounding regions. The only potential pitfalls is that GSOL might murder us all in our sleep as they are tasked with rebuilding our home.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Glory of Arioch posted:

to the best of our ability anyways

I can only do my best. I also can't tell if Xolve is just concern trolling.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's the full context?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Xolve is really coming unhinged it's hilarious

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

vyst posted:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glory of Arioch posted:

like when the enemy broadcasts the same desire over, and over, and over, the easy play becomes "don't give them what they want"

I can see the point, but I don't really get it. If we really want to just deny the enemy the opportunity to do anything to or with us then why not just have a directive handed down from on high for everyone to just unsub for a month and hey look there's conveniently another game that we're going to go invade. If our goal is to flatly deny them EVE Online content, then why are we even forming up the fleets that we are? If our goal, as various people have painted it, is to effectively just roll over and wait for the invaders to fracture then come back and reclaim the space in a month or so, then why not crack down even harder on absolutely denying content?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Glory of Arioch posted:

"please feed us fleets, oh god please feed us fleets"

You're doing it anyway. Why not ship up into something threatening?

vyst posted:

You're dumb. :sun:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

nope

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Nietzschean posted:

I can see the point, but I don't really get it. If we really want to just deny the enemy the opportunity to do anything to or with us then why not just have a directive handed down from on high for everyone to just unsub for a month and hey look there's conveniently another game that we're going to go invade. If our goal is to flatly deny them EVE Online content, then why are we even forming up the fleets that we are? If our goal, as various people have painted it, is to effectively just roll over and wait for the invaders to fracture then come back and reclaim the space in a month or so, then why not crack down even harder on absolutely denying content?

better to harangue them as much as possible, unsubbing doesn't actually help us

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
with the new sov mechanics, wolfpax actually makes sense now I don't really even see a point in a traditional BS fleet

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Huge_Midget posted:

We continue to troll the gently caress out of the rest of this dumb game because we know it pisses you off so much that we rolled over and let you take it all and denied you the fights that you guys are howling for.

Yeah you sure trolled us by getting utterly shitstomped. Literally crying myself to sleep over how we've been burning all of imp space. :mmmhmm:

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Glory of Arioch posted:

better to harangue them as much as possible, unsubbing doesn't actually help us
DId you mean to say "harass" there? You don't need to be subbed to harangue anybody.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

evilweasel posted:

i mean, the problem you have with this narrative is mittens shared the email privately which is a completely reasonable thing to do

lemba was the one who spread it all over the internet, so if you try to prod ccp into banning someone over it getting out it's much more likely to be lemba that gets in trouble

This thread is getting to Reddit level.

Anyway that is a weak defence, but the logs are in paste bin, and the chats are logged in third party software - IRC. If CCP decides to do anything, it's likely that they say the paste bin logs are made up and deny the email's authenticity in public, then loving hate mittani in private.

If CCP really ban mittani over this, it would open the flood gate of inditing logs to accuse duders.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

What's the full context?

Mittens didn't give a gently caress about fcon losing random caps by being idiots

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Altran posted:

This thread is getting to Reddit level.

Anyway that is a weak defence, but the logs are in paste bin, and the chats are logged in third party software - IRC. If CCP decides to do anything, it's likely that they say the paste bin logs are made up and deny the email's authenticity in public, then loving hate mittani in private.

If CCP really ban mittani over this, it would open the flood gate of inditing logs to accuse duders.

You're wrong because if the text in that log exactly matches the email they sent him then they can be certain that part is real.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Xolve posted:

You're dumb. :sun:

Better idea, why not ship down into something cheap and fun. The end result is the same given the numbers situation and believe it or not, flying a shinier ship is not automatically more fun.

MBC loves to mock Swordfleet but it does elicit howls of rage in local when it's FC'd well.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

formally request to rebrand as a cult

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Morris posted:

Better idea, why not ship down into something cheap and fun. The end result is the same given the numbers situation and believe it or not, flying a shinier ship is not automatically more fun.

MBC loves to mock Swordfleet but it does elicit howls of rage in local when it's FC'd well.

Pretty sure this has never happened.

Flying 30 command ships into 100+ intys and bombers supported by white legion is a lot more fun.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Also this applies to the illum leaks too:

Numismancer posted:

I do enjoy seeing the squid ink here from the fuckgoons crew in Generic Elite PvP MMO Guild, Eve Online Edition; if you weren't spewing and equivocating, we wouldn't have confirmation of the impact and veracity of these leaks. Thanks~

Thanks for the confirmation weaselior and friends.

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

ullerrm posted:

OTOH, I really wish they'd do Burn Jita with us... and Sour Namy is at the top of a very short list of FCs that I will never fly with.
Why's that?

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

SperginMcBadposter posted:

You're wrong because if the text in that log exactly matches the email they sent him then they can be certain that part is real.

it doesn't really matter if CCP can match the email on the paste bin to the actual email on their server, at all.

This whole thing is dodgy, pastebin, logs on IRC, consequences, etc. CCP being a company, want to make money, not loving being a court of law, so I think they prob play it low key and it's all water under the bridge, and mittani please keep on making people pay for our game and free publicity.

Unless, mittens go crazy and personally leaks every correspondence from CCP.

Altran fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 11, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Cygni posted:

It wasn't long ago that I suggested we go 100% in character on a hunt for frozen corpses for the Mittens Golden throne. High sec, low sec, null sec.

Just kill anything and gather up all the corpses.

Every now and then we let a T1 hauler get killed by wardeccers and then it's just filled with a thousand corpses.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Cygni posted:

Oh please do not do this. He's weird enough as GSFs ceo.

Also, goons, you can piss off any of your other allies all you want, but kindly do not piss off the Russians while I am living in Moscow, tia.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Xolve posted:

I'm undocked in a pvp fit gila right now, come at me.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

LemonDrizzle posted:

DId you mean to say "harass" there? You don't need to be subbed to harangue anybody.

i totally did, i had that in my head as "annoy them aggressively" not understanding it specifically meant a speech

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Zephyrine posted:

It wasn't long ago that I suggested we go 100% in character on a hunt for frozen corpses for the Mittens Golden throne. High sec, low sec, null sec.

Just kill anything and gather up all the corpses.

Every now and then we let a T1 hauler get killed by wardeccers and then it's just filled with a thousand corpses.

a whole lotta stupid eve players seem to have bought off on the evil empire role playing goof, i fully support moving it to the next phase

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Citizen Rat posted:

Oh please do not do this. He's weird enough as GSFs ceo.

Also, goons, you can piss off any of your other allies all you want, but kindly do not piss off the Russians while I am living in Moscow, tia.

P. sure we're not going to stick our collective genitals in that blender. You'll be fine.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Rhymenoserous posted:

I'm undocked in a pvp fit gila right now, come at me.

Are you logged in? :colbert:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xolve posted:

We have absolutely no way to contest prime time stuff and any chance of escalating to solve that is off the table so again idk what you want us to do because throwing ships into the fire doesn't do anything but keep the enemy around longer because they know we will undock and die. This isn't damage control or "didn't want that sov anyway" this is just common sense.

If we threw away our war chest and super fleet putting up a hopeless defense of Dek we wouldn't have the resources to get back into sov null.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

I resubbed and promptly died 4 times to gate camps. It's me, I'm the killmails MBC are hoping for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Venom Snake posted:

what you want us to do

fyi this is

Venom Snake posted:

throwing ships into the fire

he doesn't want to help us, and nothing he says will attempt to help us in any way :jerry:

• Locked thread