Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Cache verification picked up some missing files, loving somehow :shrug:

Tensokuu posted:

What class were you? Apparently this was happening before to everything but Knight.

e: I'm a wanderer, yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

weapon arts are so cool. the battle axe weapon art turns your charged strong attack into a literal charge and then another charge after

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
And the game crashes when I try to start it. I haven't even made it to the title screen and I'm dying already. :suicide:

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.

Tensokuu posted:

Close steam. Uncheck Hide DS4 controller. Recheck Hide DS4 controller. Reopen steam.

This worked, thanks!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
wow this game just feels soooo good. taking out the first optional creature you see on the first try felt so good and it was the most natural thing ever. I'm gonna play this game forever.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

net cafe scandal posted:

I hope all the bad things that are happening to you guys doesnt happen to me./

I hope they do :twisted:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Minrad posted:

try downscaling resolution

one minute left

it's... almost... time.....

net cafe scandal posted:

You need more vram probly

The weird thing is it automatically detected and set the settings to high :psyduck:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Friendly Humour posted:

I hope they do :twisted:

Why would you want bad things to happen to you. Your life I guess. Seeya nooblet

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
"You know, this boss reminds me of Dragonri-"

Yup

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
Is anybody using a a wired 360 controller successfully using it in game? so far nobody i know who has one including me is able to. its not recognized.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I just bought this and it downloaded and installed in 20 minutes. Thanks Steam and Samsung 850 EVO with 3D V-NAND Technology.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I literally can't get online because of a framerate issue, haha. RIP Dark Souls III, I hardly knew ye.

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Is anybody using a a wired 360 controller successfully using it in game? so far nobody i know who has one including me is able to. its not recognized.

Mine's working fine, didn't have to configure anything.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

net cafe scandal posted:

Why would you want bad things to happen to you. Your life I guess. Seeya nooblet

I'm going to invade your gamr repeatedly

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Frankston posted:

I literally can't get online because of a framerate issue, haha. RIP Dark Souls III, I hardly knew ye.

Same. I dropped to medium settings but it's like inputting commands from earth to the voyager probe and then it kicks me for unsuitable framerate for online play.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Sleazoid posted:

Approaching the first bonfire is crashing the game, and it looks like it is for a lot of others too.

Sleazoid posted:

Game runs smooth

pc gaming

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

net cafe scandal posted:

This happened to me to. So I killed myself.

Same. Now I am hollow.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
My first impression on title screen: looks like as always the worst part of playing a DS game with M+KB is gonna be navigating menus...

E: At least From learned to default right hand attacks to left mouse button and vise versa this time!

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 11, 2016

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Glad the bonfire ctd isn't a major hardware issue on my end at least!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I beat the first boss or something and then

Sooo I guess I can't play this game :(

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

I was having this problem but i just fixed it.

From reddit: "Check your device manager and under "human interface devices" disable everything named "HID compliant game controller."

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

voltcatfish posted:

green man gaming you're dropping the ball

but your discounts are so crrraazy I can forgive you. 20% off this poo poo. gently caress.

the spring20 code worked for getting 20% off it.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
I get nothing but a white screen for several seconds and then an error message whenever I try to start the game. I don't know what's wrong, or what to do. :(

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

:havlat:PC GAMING FTW:havlat:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

gently caress i died because i hit a barrel and it exploded for half my hp, don't swing near barrels folks they do a LOT

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Obstacle2 posted:

I was having this problem but i just fixed it.

From reddit: "Check your device manager and under "human interface devices" disable everything named "HID compliant game controller."

Fuckin hell it worked. Thanks mate!

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
the character creator froze on my character having these bushy rear end eyebrows FROM SOFTWARE

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
For my milk stream I'm doing a dex sword build. I'm really terrified of boss fights as if they're like all other Dark souls games, having anything that isnt magic / hits hard is a bad time.

E:

Did they fix the word filter or does nig, Ho, rear end, get filtered still?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

So I'm literally unable to lock on to enemies. Right stick clicking is doing nothing. I've tried like 3 controllers and nothing. I've tried rebinding it.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Microwaves Mom posted:

For my milk stream

Drink the whole gallon if your game crashes.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Apparently removing my shield will fix the eternal crashes? I';m not actually sure if I believe that

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Does anyone else notice the sound "resets" itself after clicking anything? it's really awful

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

Apparently removing my shield will fix the eternal crashes? I';m not actually sure if I believe that

i had removed mine as soon as i started and never crashed,

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
In true Dark Souls fashion, you can only insert the coiled sword into the Fireline Shrine bonfire from one specific angle. So if you're running around going "what to do next aside from die to crazy ninja dude" the answer is "circle around the center of the shrine until you can press A".

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Enough people are confirming it that I guess I'll say that if you're having hard locks at Bonfires you have to :siren: Remove your goddamn shield :siren:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I was 100% sure I had the game pre-loaded last night, but when I tried to play just a little while ago it says it's at 17.2/17.3 GB and seems stuck there not letting me play or downloading anything.

Is Steam hosed or something?

e: I tried restarting Steam and everything. It didn't work.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
HAHA, gently caress you samurai dickweed, got your sword and lovely rags.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Also the game minimizes anytime another window on the screen opens, so if someone messages you, the whole game minimizes! amazing!

(also game seems to run at 30fps on a 750ti on high, but I'm not sure if I trust that steam fps counter, it seems more like 25)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006
Gents, how do I turn the XBOX key signals ingame/inmenu into PS3/PS4 signals? Using MotionJoy.