Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
one heir of fire down :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Pr0phecy posted:

Gents, how do I turn the XBOX key signals ingame/inmenu into PS3/PS4 signals? Using MotionJoy.

You wait for someone to release a PS4 button mod.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

how do you kick using mouse and keyboard? L+RB is making no sense to me. I just backstab or slash the guy

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Well poo poo, after all this hype and waiting I think I'm gonna have to get a steam refund. :(

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can't run this even at the lowest possible settings what the gently caress

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Is there a way to get actual keyboard buttons prompts on menus and poo poo since I'm now 3 for 3 souls games that do not recognize a controller?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Frankston posted:

Well poo poo, after all this hype and waiting I think I'm gonna have to get a steam refund. :(

Try playing at 640x480

EDIT: the true dark souls experience

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Oh my god do not start deprived

DO NOT START DEPRIVED

:gonk:

I was fighting a knight and I was doing well and then a HUGE loving SNAKE FORMED OUT OF HIS HEAD AND HE KILLED THE poo poo OUT OF ME

11/10 GOTY

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Ugh I'm too bad to kill the first boss :downs:.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Popelmon posted:

Ugh I'm too bad to kill the first boss :downs:.

he is a right fucker

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Is anyone else getting absolutely pathetic framerate on the intro and then the game kicks you out cause framerate is too low for online play even after dropping the settings down?

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 12, 2016

Freak Magnet
Jan 12, 2010

Drifting - It's not for the faint of heart.
Man trying to beat Iudex as Deprived is HARD!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Chard posted:

he is a right fucker

yeah. in a sense hes the hardest souls 'first boss'. but it was only dark souls 1 that gated the game behind a first boss and asylum was nothing compared to this guy. other real first bosses like cleric beast are harder imo

it took me three tries though which is way less than asylum took me. I've come a long way baby

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Turn back huh, yeah yeah sure....

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
Trip report: Got to Firelink shrine without dying and beat the ice lizard whatchamacalit. Gundyr got me down to a sliver admittedly but just...this game. THIS loving GAME. SO GOOD. Warrior is also OP as hell I mean one shot every basic enemy with 2H what were they thinking.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I'm getting really bad frame rate issues.... hmmm I'm running a GeForce 640 freshly updated and this bad boy is chuggin for me on full screen Medium settings

ActionZero posted:

Is anyone else getting absolutely pathetic framerate on the intro and then the game kicks you out cause framerate is too low for online play?

ayup

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

ActionZero posted:

Is anyone else getting absolutely pathetic framerate on the intro and then the game kicks you out cause framerate is too low for online play?

Yes and then I turned the settings down

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Crashes constantly at the hub. I get anywhere near the bonfire it crashes. Removed shield and same thing.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

voltcatfish posted:

Yes and then I turned the settings down

This is after I turned the settings down.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Has anyone been able to get the steam controller to work yet?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The tutorial goes on for two bosses basically.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I just crashed at Firelink six times in a row.

Alright then, good job game.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Sheep posted:

In true Dark Souls fashion, you can only insert the coiled sword into the Fireline Shrine bonfire from one specific angle. So if you're running around going "what to do next aside from die to crazy ninja dude" the answer is "circle around the center of the shrine until you can press A".

Thanks, this is my first non-Bloodborne souls game and I was confused as gently caress.

Unfortunately I can't go anywhere now because the PS4 pre-order pre-loaded the soundtrack but not the actual game itself and apparently you can't leave the hub until you have all 19gb down. :V

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes
I'm getting a consistent hard lock at the first real area, The High Wall of Lothric, at the point real early on where the dragon is supposed to come alive and roast a bunch of hollow soldiers. Guess I won't be playing this game today!!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Actually, nevermind. Removing the shield let me use the Bonfire but then it crashed 5 seconds later anyway

:laffo:

YOU BLEW IT NAMCO BANDAI, I'LL JUST PLAY ENTER THE GUNGEON TODAY INSTEAD

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
you can parry the first boss lmao

Orv
May 4, 2011
There's some speculation going around that having certain USB devices plugged in causes performance issues. I assume it's anecdotal, but more and more people are saying it, so who knows.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Welp, I have something like a 75% chance that the game crashes whenever I near a bonfire, shield or no shield. This is a total bummer, hope they fix this ASAP.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
wow andre now spells out in tutorialese what infusing and upgrading weapons does. now for casuals etc etc.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
katanaman is owning me hard tho

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Sorry if this has been asked before, but google doesn't seem to bring anything up. I'm playing with a Steam controller, which worked just fine for DS2. But in this game, the right touchpad brings up a menu while clicked, instead of just locking on. This means that trying to lock on ends up with me randomly switching to two hand, cycling items or weapons, etc. Is there any way to just change it back to "click right touchpad, lock on"?

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Where is patch 1.1? I thought that was already out. I'm on 1.03

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Game crashes at bonfires. Why do you do this, bamco

PHOOsun
Nov 18, 2010

3V3RYBODY STOP WH4T YOUR3 DO1NG 1MM3D14T3LY
Hard lock at the first bonfire, booooo

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Cant have a fu-manchu what the gently caress

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It's all the goddamn foliage that's making my computer chug

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

HOLY poo poo MESSAGES CAN INCLUDE GESTURES THAT SHOW UP AS GHOSTS

this is the best, I am gonna have so much fun

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Maybe the game crashing at bonfires is a feature and we're all the stupid fucks here

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
lol my graphics driver crashes every time I walk up to the first bonfire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Another day, another Souls PC Port. Maybe we'll get some form of hotfix sooner rather than later, hopefully :saddowns:

_Endgame_ posted:

Trip report: Got to Firelink shrine without dying and beat the ice lizard whatchamacalit. Gundyr got me down to a sliver admittedly but just...this game. THIS loving GAME. SO GOOD. Warrior is also OP as hell I mean one shot every basic enemy with 2H what were they thinking.

An apology for Warrior start in the last game.