Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/719663296027222017

Giantbomb had this problem in the pre-release versions. Austin says it may be 700 series cards that do it. That's what I'm on. Anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Looks like being a console gamer once again pays off. :)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

BlackLaser posted:

Giantbomb had this problem in the pre-release versions. Austin says it may be 700 series cards that do it. That's what I'm on. Anyone else?

660 GTX

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
e: oops, nevermind

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes

BlackLaser posted:

R9 380 over here, gonna test out some other spots and see where I crash.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

BlackLaser posted:

GTX760, yeah.

Also, I can not get the kick to fire, at all. Is this going to be like SotFS where I have to limit it to 30 fps to get kicks and jump attacks to go off when I push the buttons?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Apparently you *have* to be a Knight to not crash?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The Walrus posted:

wow andre now spells out in tutorialese what infusing and upgrading weapons does. now for casuals etc etc.

He did that in ds1 too

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Right now, for me, it's playable on Low, Windowed. It'll do for now but this is not so hot

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

voltcatfish posted:

drat, five minutes in and im already winning

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Seeing some reports of PC problems. Is anyone having a good experience with the PC port? I have latest gen i7 and 980 vid card.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Got him on like the 10th try. This adrenaline rush is why I play this dumb game.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

voltcatfish posted:

I picked knight and it took me a couple minutes to get up that hill from the 1 fps 5 spf I was getting but it didn't crash!

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Cicadalek posted:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but google doesn't seem to bring anything up. I'm playing with a Steam controller, which worked just fine for DS2. But in this game, the right touchpad brings up a menu while clicked, instead of just locking on. This means that trying to lock on ends up with me randomly switching to two hand, cycling items or weapons, etc. Is there any way to just change it back to "click right touchpad, lock on"?

Got around this by binding the "mode pad shifting" button to a different button, if anyone else happens to be having the same issue

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is anyone else getting crazy amounts of screen tearing? :negative:

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

GTX 680 as a herald, bonfire cause crashes consistently

why :negative:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
yooooooo tutorial already now. im overwhelmed

Tulips
Dec 27, 2011

Duck Hunt!

BlackLaser posted:

GTX 670 and I'm crashing constantly.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
:siren: Those with bad performance, roll back your drivers. My friend on a 660 just had crashes and 5fps framerate, told him to roll back and now its smooth:siren:

voltcatfish posted:

Assassin and no crashes at all, buttery smooth 60fps at 1440 :cool: but my machine is beast.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

I don't like this guy as much as my usual Dark Souls characters, he just looks kind of sad and gross.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
660 TI and seeing bon fires crash me. There's like a 20% chance of a crash.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Anal Surgery posted:

Right now, for me, it's playable on Low, Windowed. It'll do for now but this is not so hot

Your card is way below the minimum recommended, I'm not sure what you were expecting

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nuebot posted:

I don't like this guy as much as my usual Dark Souls characters, he just looks kind of sad and gross.

Reminds you too much of yourself?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
780, getting crashes

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Orv posted:

There's some speculation going around that having certain USB devices plugged in causes performance issues. I assume it's anecdotal, but more and more people are saying it, so who knows.

Can confirm, I do have a PS4 controller plugged in via USB. Hm.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Turn your monitor on.

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.
:toot: I get constant lag spikes that get worse and worse as I play the game. Guess I have to wait until dsfix3 because I know from won't fix it.

Also, ironically lowering my settings makes my FPS drop and causes more frequent spikes.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
i just spent 10 minutes shooting a thing until to gave me a large titanite shard and left. just like miyasaki intended
... and then got eaten. 10/10
also, haven't crashed with a 750. minor issues, but otherwise okay

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Anyone just getting a plan black screen when they launch ?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

For those who have it, how are the keyboard and mouse controls?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Anyone else having the sound glitching out on them right at the starting area?

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!

Malcolm XML posted:

katanaman is owning me hard tho

This, it seems only some of his attacks can be parried, and the rear end in a top hat literally parried me in the middle of a combo. WHO DOES THAT? That Parry stance is the most broken thing I've ever seen.

Reacean
Nov 29, 2004

So I've picked up like 3 or 4 items now that are not in my inventory (Silver Eagle Kite Shield, Estus Shard included) and shortly afterwards my game crashed. Come back in and they are still gone, where they were was looted as well. Great.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Your Computer posted:

Is anyone else getting crazy amounts of screen tearing? :negative:

Yup

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Wildtortilla posted:

660 TI and seeing bon fires crash me. There's like a 20% chance of a crash.

poo poo, I've got the same card. How's the performance otherwise?

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Bardeh posted:

Your card is way below the minimum recommended, I'm not sure what you were expecting

I didn't even think to look since my poo poo ran GTAV no problem. Didn't even think, but you're right everything says GTX, not GT haha

edit: I'm a dummy and judge whether i can run new games on whether i can run old games :v:

That Dang Dad fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 12, 2016

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Hot drat, I restarted as a knight and I haven't crashed yet, what the actual gently caress? How does this even work?

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Welp, whoever told me that this game would run just a bit worse than DS2 was lying I guess, because even at the lowest settings I get like 10 fps. Sometimes if I'm looking at a corner or straight down it gets better. I guess I might finally have to upgrade my E6700 dual-core... though that does mean a motherboard upgrade, which is always a pain. Unless a GTS 450 is too old? I got it just a few years ago, though.

Although I guess it might not be a computer issue, based on the past few posts.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
No crashes running at 2560x1440, high quality, with a 970 and i5 2500K.

The only issue I'm running into is my terrible ability and trying to kill the first boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/719671582415724544