Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
This game is kicking my loving rear end so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

MrLonghair posted:

Most likely! That card released ten years ago (Nov 2006)

Oh. Now I feel like a retard. :( I guess that teaches me for trying to cut costs on a replacement computer a few years ago.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hivac posted:

Man I haven't gotten to katanaman but if he's feistier than the knightboys this game is gonna be interesting

He's left of firelink shrine entrance

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Man, this sucks. On 1080p the game was experiencing noticeable slowdowns even just looking at something other than a wall while moving, and kicked me offline due to lovely framerate when I tried to do some attacks. On 720p it seems to be fine, at least I didn't get any slow-down or noticeable framerate-dips at the very start even when fighting the Hollow there. But I just can't get rid of the annoying letterboxing on all sides of the screen. I dunno if I can play when the game is only using 44% of my screen!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I managed to beat lotex gundyr or whatever as a deprived with a framerate of about 10, I feel proud.

Too bad I'm probably gonna have to get a steam refund :negative:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

net cafe scandal posted:

Thats racist towards the japanese.

well the game is being racist towards me, so

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Friendly Humour posted:

He's left of firelink shrine entrance

First try :smug:

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you

Eonwe posted:

You can't lock on with their default steam controller layout

Like it's not even set up

The right touchpad will bring up a menu when you click it in. The center option is lock on. If you quickly tap the center of the touchpad it works just like the regular old lock on.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
-Xbox360 controller doesn't work. Based on the buttons on-screen, only an Xbox One controller will work, as the buttons referenced on the screen do not exist on the 360 controller.

-Xbox one controller does not automatically work with Windows 10 and its integrated Xbox experience.

-Not downloading DS4Windows because I'd like to play more than 30 minutes at a time before recharging the batteries.

-Of course, every time you turn on your Xbox One, there is an hour long process of updating the system hardware.

-System hardware on the Xbox One must be updated before the controller can be updated.

So, basically I made my character and I've been loving around with my controllers ever since, ready to rip out somebody's underwear through their throat.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
This is super bizarre. No matter what settings I use, the framework is perfectly fine in some areas, and absolutely horrid in others, depending on which direction I'm looking.

GeForce GTX 580

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
On a gtx 960 and a 3.4 Ghz i5, getting a solid 55-60fps! I started as deprived, by the way.

Some of y'all are expecting too much from your horribly dated hardware...

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hivac posted:

Thatäs really impressive and iäm incredibly proud of you

Lakitouille
Oct 12, 2007
Anyone else crashing when they try to open the door after the first boss?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Friendly Humour posted:

Thatäs really impressive and iäm incredibly proud of you

You sound jealous. You a lil jealous bitch? Yeah I think so.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hivac posted:

Nice.

Freak Magnet
Jan 12, 2010

Drifting - It's not for the faint of heart.
We are all currently running 1.03. The framerate and graphical patch (1.1?) should be here really soon... like the 12th.

I'm on a 750ti and everything is fine (as in no crashes or system locks) there is a lot of screen tearing and an unstable frame rate. Nothing in the 15s though.

My problem is I couldnt beat Iudex as deprived... I will one day though.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

Those crashing roll back your drivers, turn SSAO OFF, turn shadows to medium

Everything else can go up to high and should play pretty smooth, good luck

You shouldn't miss out on anything when people go off cliffs, if they're not common enemies anyhow. Go hit up a bonfire and re-load the area and his drop will be there. Its his Uchigatana.

this worked perfectly on a 760 btw, thanks!

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
:\

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I wonder how far I have to go to get Tarkus' armor. It's in here somewhere, I assume.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I cannot get past the first Bon fire in Lothric. Game crashes down the only path I can take. C'mon and patch this game goddamnit.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

-Xbox360 controller doesn't work. Based on the buttons on-screen, only an Xbox One controller will work, as the buttons referenced on the screen do not exist on the 360 controller.

-Xbox one controller does not automatically work with Windows 10 and its integrated Xbox experience.

-Not downloading DS4Windows because I'd like to play more than 30 minutes at a time before recharging the batteries.

-Of course, every time you turn on your Xbox One, there is an hour long process of updating the system hardware.

-System hardware on the Xbox One must be updated before the controller can be updated.

So, basically I made my character and I've been loving around with my controllers ever since, ready to rip out somebody's underwear through their throat.

360 controller works fine for me :shrug:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Those crashing roll back your drivers, turn SSAO OFF, turn shadows to medium

Everything else can go up to high and should play pretty smooth, good luck

You shouldn't miss out on anything when people go off cliffs, if they're not common enemies anyhow. Go hit up a bonfire and re-load the area and his drop will be there. Its his Uchigatana.

How exactly do I roll back my driver?

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Playing on a console, so the game just, you know, works.

Wandered into a patch with sonic the killer lizardhedgehog. Guessing I come back to that motherfucker later?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

My wired 360 controller works fine.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I managed to get my framerate not bad by turning off poo poo I hate like motionblur and reducing reflections and crap like that so the game still looks good and things I don't actually pay attention to, don't ruin the show.

Also there's a giant tree, like the one from Dark Souls 2, near the shrine. Neat.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

net cafe scandal posted:

You sound jealous. You a lil jealous bitch? Yeah I think so.

álmost as jealous as you are of all the people playing the game. hAha u mad bro

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Now that I (seemingly) fixed the crashing problem, on to the next big issue..

How do I make a female character who doesn't look like Vladimir Putin.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

bubbapook posted:

Playing on a console, so the game just, you know, works.

Wandered into a patch with sonic the killer lizardhedgehog. Guessing I come back to that motherfucker later?

I managed to murder that motherfucker with my handaxe

granted my lovely framerate basically gave me bullet time, but

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Oh well, hopefully everything is fixed by this weekend, when my new GPU arrives.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Katanna guy is supposed to be hard? I killed him without taking damage. I was super paranoid about his weird stance being a parry though so I threw fireballs in his face a lot.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
First death in Dark Souls III: elbow in the face. TO DEATH

maybe i shouldnt have picked Deprived after not playing one of these games for like eight months. TIME TO GIT GUD

Ixjuvin fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 12, 2016

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Friendly Humour posted:

álmost as jealous as you are of all the people playing the game. hAha u mad bro

Mad.. Hardly. Cause you got one big thing wrong. Im playing the game as we speak, at 60fps no less.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Internet Kraken posted:

Katanna guy is supposed to be hard? I killed him without taking damage. I was super paranoid about his weird stance being a parry though so I threw fireballs in his face a lot.

I tried to roll behind him for a backstab and he was having none of that.

EDIT: wait is there no bonfire in firelink?

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Trick Question posted:

Pretty much every other recent game I've played has run reasonably smoothly regardless. I was expecting low settings and maybe needing to lock to 30fps, not unplayable.

It's only like 5 years old, which isn't usually that much considering this is a console game. SOTFS ran at 60fps 1080p with a couple settings turned down. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and upgrade.

I think an E6700 is like, a 10 year old CPU? It's possible that's part of the problem as well

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Game runs great, wired 360 pad working fine, r380 4gb nitro latest drivers, windows 7, 8gb ram phenom ii 4 core 3.2ghz cpu from 2011. Running game on max settings and im getting... i dont know cos fraps is off, feels like 50 to 60. Not a constant 60 tho.

Im deprived and theres no bonfire crash

First loving boss is harder than most of poo poo i fought in ds2. :stare:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

760ti w/ latest drivers, i5 2500k, Windows 7. Doesn't matter at what settings I run the game (have dicked around with quality, resolution, and running in window or fullscreen), or where in the game I am (title screen, intro video, in-engine gameplay) I get terrible stuttering. No crashes yet and performance is otherwise fine. Game is unplayable though. :(

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

net cafe scandal posted:

Mad.. Hardly. Cause you got one big thing wrong. Im playing the game as we speak, at 60fps no less.

good luck!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So is there a giantdad or the mask of the father in this one?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Thumbtacks posted:

How exactly do I roll back my driver?

Windows device manager locate the device go to properties select roll back driver

That or manually download a specific version from your driver manufacturer from a few versions back and install it on top of your current one

Before you bother, try setting lighting to low, SSAO off, shadows to medium and see if that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I got Dark Souls 3 to not crash