Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
So Tyrion is going to do the Quentin and release the dragons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

webmeister posted:

Don't worry, we haven't come up with any new jokes in the meantime! It's still Dany shits in a field, Twenty Good Men and "This Year, <x> is a writer on the show".

And I swear, if they kill off Ghost I'm gunna be so loving mad

What was the "this year he's a writer on the show" about Varys being a merman? I remember it making me laugh.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

That Walder Frey + Lannisters feast with the Sansa voiceover: reverse red wedding?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

canepazzo posted:

That Walder Frey + Lannisters feast with the Sansa voiceover: reverse red wedding?

Yeah, Brienne/Pod are in a shot with a Tully fish in the background and Pod is getting grabbed in a Lannister camp. So I'd wager the Blackfish and/or Brotherhood will be performing quite a bit of Frey/Lannister murder this season.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i bet that's bronn grabbing pod so he can give him a noogie

Beeez
May 28, 2012
It does look really cool from the trailers. That doesn't necessarily prove anything, because I think the show has always had really good trailers, but hopefully it's a good season. I'm really looking forward to them finally showing the Tower of Joy, as I thought that was a really interesting sequence in the books.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

emanresu tnuocca posted:

idk wtf is wrong with me but that poo poo still looks good.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

canepazzo posted:

Also, Lady Sansaheart confirmed?

Man, I hope so. Wrapping a bunch of filler characters into Sansa may actually make her somewhat interesting on screen. I doubt it, but at least there's a chance. Also it shows just how much agency she is going to have in the upcoming books if they feel the need to stuff her with everyone's story but her own.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

If you want a frame by frame of the trailer, Reddit did the thing.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

canepazzo posted:

F me more stupid harpy poo poo. I was hoping we would just forget about that stupid arch. Looks like zombie mountain gets to do some killing.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

canepazzo posted:

Here's a link to the album https://imgur.com/a/1kQAh

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
#32 That's Davos in front of a Stark banner wearing all black. Interesting.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bronn/Pod buddy cop show incoming?

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Just give me more inane GOT soap opera poo poo, just pour it down my awful throat

But seriously I do hope it gets better, there looks to be some cool poo poo to look forward to

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
56 that's Davos on Bear Island, those are Mormont banners.

72 pretty sure that's the bolton banner? I think it's from the winterfell battle.

79 I think that's Yara reunited with Theon.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
93 looks like the High Sparrow messing up the wall with some blood. Not sure if it is his or one of his minions.

I wonder if that Red Priestess can raise Vary's nuts from the dead.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
48 - Jaime flashback?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
#87 you can see Mormont banners among the Wildling army and orange/black banners which would match Ryswell colors, but it doesn't really look like a horse. Maybe Umbers?

Can't really see them in the still, but you can when they're in motion.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Man the High Sparrow is gonna get his poo poo wrecked by Robert Strong, isn't he?

Other than Hardhome, Jonathan Pryce was the only other good thing in season 5

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Elias_Maluco posted:

So Tyrion is going to do the Quentin and release the dragons

Except he'll be immune to their dragons fire because he's actually a secret Targ and being a Targ = fire immunity on the show.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
If the High Sparrow is getting wrecked this season, then so is Tommen.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

lol at Mace. That's pretty perfect. Also the Tyrell armor which I don't think we've seen before.

liking the vintage Kingsguard armor too.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Except he'll be immune to their dragons fire because he's actually a secret Targ and being a Targ = fire immunity on the show.

The flames will recede from him and he'll emerge naked and with a shock of bright blonde hair like a super saiyan, finally proving his full Targness

xwing
Jul 2, 2007
red leader standing by

Mike N Eich posted:

The flames will recede from him and he'll emerge naked and with a shock of bright blonde hair like a super saiyan, finally proving his full Targness

I've kind of been hoping for something like this... a coalition of rulers. They obviously have 4 important families that are on the opening logo: Targ, Stark, Lannister and Baratheon. Jon (Stark/Targ), Tyrion (Lannister/Targ?), and Dany would make three. Three Dragons. So there you go, only the Baratheons get screwed and we have three rulers to ride three dragons.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis

Ah yes, the Kingsguard, famed for their three-finned helms and prominent, explicit sigilture. I am glad D&D remembered these obscure details to really cement the internal show consistency and source accuracy

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Maybe they want to say the Kingsguard in the Targaryen days wore Targ sigils as an indicator of their liege? I dunno, it seems a minor thing to quibble about. WAIT A MINUTE, WHAT AM I SAYING?!

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
you gotta make things clear as possible for the audience, THESE GUYS SERVE THE TARGARYNS

If it doesn't have young Ned saying "I'm a young NED STARK here in THE PAST. From WINTERFELL! Be careful of those KINGSGUARDS WHO SERVE THE TARGARYNS men!" then the show won't have done it's job.

It's like The Hound being named to the Kingsguard and wearing the armor for a scene in season 1, and then just going back to his normal look in season 2 and also never wearing his cool and unique Hound helmet ever again because it obscures the actor's face and nobody would know who he is.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Did the books make an explicit fuss about the Kingsguard having no sigils? I don't remember that at all. You'd think the royal family's royal guard would be decorated with the royal sigil?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If you don't complain about petty, stupid poo poo, you lose your nerd card.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 11, 2016

Ghodfather
Jul 23, 2012

Just saw this:

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

tin can made man posted:

Ah yes, the Kingsguard, famed for their three-finned helms and prominent, explicit sigilture. I am glad D&D remembered these obscure details to really cement the internal show consistency and source accuracy

are you seriously complaining about this

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Commissar Of Doom posted:

you gotta make things clear as possible for the audience, THESE GUYS SERVE THE TARGARYNS

If it doesn't have young Ned saying "I'm a young NED STARK here in THE PAST. From WINTERFELL! Be careful of those KINGSGUARDS WHO SERVE THE TARGARYNS men!" then the show won't have done it's job.

It's like The Hound being named to the Kingsguard and wearing the armor for a scene in season 1, and then just going back to his normal look in season 2 and also never wearing his cool and unique Hound helmet ever again because it obscures the actor's face and nobody would know who he is.

you sound like a huge tool

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Ghodfather posted:

Just saw this:

Legit. hope this happens.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis

romanowski posted:

are you seriously complaining about this

It's pretty funny that the show's apparently determined the most recognizable and consistent feature of the guys who live in White Sword Tower is that goofy finned helm, is all

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

colonel_korn posted:

liking the vintage Kingsguard armor too.

Clearly that's Howland Reed getting stabbed right before he wargs into the other guy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It would've been cool to see three bad rear end knights in white armor with plain white shields but I can live with it being Targ soldiers or whatever instead. It's not really the most important part of the scene.

Also in the battle scene there's a flayed man banner (mis identified as tully) in the imgur link, but to the right of that there's an all red banner with a lighter device on the side which would point to house Umber, in the show they've already shown the flag as that colour red with the black outlined grey broken chains crossing it. Umber is confirmed as cast in this one.

So I would think, Davos rallies the north, raises stark banners and Wildlings with or without Jon Snow and rides to winterfell, the umbers having Rickon in their charge turn their cloaks and that's how the Boltons lose?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

BlindSite posted:

It would've been cool to see three bad rear end knights in white armor with plain white shields but I can live with it being Targ soldiers or whatever instead. It's not really the most important part of the scene.

Also in the battle scene there's a flayed man banner (mis identified as tully) in the imgur link, but to the right of that there's an all red banner with a lighter device on the side which would point to house Umber, in the show they've already shown the flag as that colour red with the black outlined grey broken chains crossing it. Umber is confirmed as cast in this one.

So I would think, Davos rallies the north, raises stark banners and Wildlings with or without Jon Snow and rides to winterfell, the umbers having Rickon in their charge turn their cloaks and that's how the Boltons lose?

Presumably Littlefinger will be involved too. Probably on the side of the Starks. Or he might try to waltz in after the battle and clean up the scraps of whoever wins, though I'm not sure how that would play narratively since it would mean Jon would lose.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Theres a guy on reddit who claims to have been an extra in the battle who spoils it. He got some weird details right that was confirmed by todays trailer, but that doesnt mean the rest isnt fake.

massive spoiler warning http://imgur.com/BPnVKH9 massive spoiler warning

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Edit: ^^^ That sounds extremely plausible, although I'm assuming the "Stark" part of those forces doesn't mean actual Stark soldiers, since there aren't any left, just Mormonts, Hornwoods and Wildlings. Looks like the Umbers and Karstarks stay traitor to the end too so by the end of all this there'll basically be no Northerners left at all. And Rickon's probably dead? Whew.

Ginette Reno posted:

Presumably Littlefinger will be involved too. Probably on the side of the Starks. Or he might try to waltz in after the battle and clean up the scraps of whoever wins, though I'm not sure how that would play narratively since it would mean Jon would lose.

Jon proves he's a true Stark by getting into a situation where he seems like the underdog hero that's going to pull through in the end and nope, turns out he's another red herring and subverted fantasy trope. Ramsay is the Prince That Was Promised.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

tin can made man posted:

I think his armor looks dope as hell!

• Locked thread