Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Perfect Port Experience so far...just like Dark Soul 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Co-oping the first zone with the white soapstone, having a blast helping show people around since I already know the zone.

Been invaded twice, owned both invaders. Estoc is beast!

Everything runs flawlessly 1440 max settings on my 970, butter smooth. Old cards just need to turn down settings! If your card is 4 years old you should know it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So what do you do when the katana guy just spams his dash attack non-stop? Because I can't even get him to do a single parryable attack or anything. He just does that one attack constantly, I can't get behind him and I can't parry it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Nuebot posted:

So what do you do when the katana guy just spams his dash attack non-stop? Because I can't even get him to do a single parryable attack or anything. He just does that one attack constantly, I can't get behind him and I can't parry it.

Roll back your shadow/light drivers

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I'm kind of amazed to say that KB+M play just works out of the box. Didn't have to do anything, outside of rebinding for my preferred keys. I haven't had to download a 3rd party fix or run an autohotkey script to make up for stupid design decisions. It's magical.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

OK, is it me or are hair colors totally messed up?

I set it to 255 and it's still almost black.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

EDIT: Double.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

bubbapook posted:

Playing on a console, so the game just, you know, works.

Wandered into a patch with sonic the killer lizardhedgehog. Guessing I come back to that motherfucker later?

A pyro can kill it by dancing and throwing fireballs but it doesn't give a gently caress about soul arrows so my sorcerer is outta luck on that one for quite some time.

Not having too much trouble as a sorc so far, latex gundam fell to heavy soul arrows very little fuss and the few points I've spent on int seem to make a decent amount of difference for this early in the game. I miss binocular sniping and I hear the binoculars are slow compared to DS2 so it might not be very viable anyway. Shooting from the hip it is!

edit: also lol if you make your sorcerer a frail tiny thing you end up stabbing the prostrated zombies on the Wall right in the butt

Martout fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 12, 2016

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Zaphod42 posted:

Co-oping the first zone with the white soapstone, having a blast helping show people around since I already know the zone.

Been invaded twice, owned both invaders. Estoc is beast!

Everything runs flawlessly 1440 max settings on my 970, butter smooth. Old cards just need to turn down settings! If your card is 4 years old you should know it.

The game is pretty unoptimized regardless of cards right now. No matter what resolution or graphic setting, I keep getting stuttering and FPS dips and it kinda sucks.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Alright I feel dumb asking but; where do I go after reaching Firelink? I can't find a way forward. I killed the master but the gate behind him is locked. Explored upstairs, found another locked gate. Didn't find anything downstairs. I dunno where to goooooo :saddowns:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

RBA Starblade posted:

So is there a giantdad or the mask of the father in this one?

Dark Souls 3 is a decent game for decent people, that's the answer.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Unplugged my headset, now getting a relatively smooth 38FPS. :psyduck:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Internet Kraken posted:

Alright I feel dumb asking but; where do I go after reaching Firelink? I can't find a way forward. I killed the master but the gate behind him is locked. Explored upstairs, found another locked gate. Didn't find anything downstairs. I dunno where to goooooo :saddowns:

Use the firelink bonfire to teleport to lothric

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nuebot posted:

If you can't beat him don't worry about it too much, you don't really have to. And you can always push him off the ledge :cheeky:

Tallgeese posted:

Hair colors suck. Its impossible to do anything but black or bright neon colors.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

tr

Internet Kraken posted:

try using the shrine

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Put the sword in the stone and use it to teleport :v:

Gotta be observant yo

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Tallgeese posted:

the character textures are all hosed up and you should just wear a helmet

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So how are polearms in this game? Do they still have a significant damage dropoff as enemies get closer?

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Is there a good scythe weapon in this game?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Zaphod42 posted:

Hair colors suck. Its impossible to do anything but black or bright neon colors.

How do you get neon?

I'm trying to get neon pink and utterly failing to get anything but "black with a weird pinkish glow".

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

I've never preordered a game on ps4 before and I am hoping for a smooth and pleasant experience

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

If you can't beat him don't worry about it too much, you don't really have to. And you can always push him off the ledge :cheeky:
I just found out you can parry the dash attack. I am not stopping until I kill this rear end in a top hat. Vengance will be mine, little 200 damage chunks at a time!

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Frankston posted:

360 controller works fine for me :shrug:

I finally got it to work by installing the Xbox One controller on my PC. As in, I got my Xbox 360 controller, which works for literally every other game on my PC that accepts controller support, to work by installing a completely different controller for a different system, which works but only works when wired in via USB cable.

BUT MY loving XBOX ONE IS UP TO DATE

Christ; this has been a nightmare. Now it works; I don't even know if I want to play.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Picking this up from Best Buy after work tomorrow, looking forward to playing for an hour before breaking the disk in half.

Hopefully the Internet is not inundated with spoilers due to the release date differences. Nothing worse than getting a new game and finding that people have already found the perfect play.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

I got Dark Souls 3 to not crash

Hoooow. :qq:

mrs. nicholas sarkozy
Jan 1, 2006

~let me see ya bounce that bounce that~

Q-sixtysix posted:

I've never preordered a game on ps4 before and I am hoping for a smooth and pleasant experience

Bloodborne was pretty painless. Minus the loadtimes.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Oh, man. The uchigatana R2 art is disgustingly good

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Katana rear end in a top hat tip: buy a halberd, 2hand it, poke him off the cliff. Worked second time for me!

Game owns even though I'm not all that big on how all the weapons I've found so far (which isn't many I'll grant you) are kind of just worse than the gigantic stack of assorted straight swords I already have. The claymore is fun to flail around at the super weak hollows in Lothric though.

Mostly I'm just amazed that it runs pretty OK on my PC and I managed to get my PS2 controller working with almost 0 fuss.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Dex continues to be pretty cool, those Iframes on daggers yo.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Is anyone else having a hard time just finding you way through the zones? I'm constantly backtracking and running in circles.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So every time I die to katanaman there's a fog gate over the exit to firelink. What's up?

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Nuebot posted:

So every time I die to katanaman there's a fog gate over the exit to firelink. What's up?

It's a weird way to mask loads. That's the only place I've seen it be an issue so far.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Phoix posted:

It's a weird way to mask loads. That's the only place I've seen it be an issue so far.

Thought so, but just wanted to make sure there wasn't some secret super boss lurking around. I finally killed him and got his katana. Hooray.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Phoix posted:

Was wondering the same thing. Weird that they need to reload the area you were literally just in.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
Two fixes for me have worked so far.

Xbox controller not working: Check your device manager and under "human interface devices" disable everything named "HID compliant game controller" and also any other controllers, joysticks, etc that you aren't using.

Bonfire crash: Turn of SSAO and turn shadows down to low.

Been working smoothly since then on my GTX 770 since I got it figured out. Getting decent frames.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Nuebot posted:

The shrine itself loads first so you don't have to wait forever every time you want to level up. Only place in the game that does this.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Insurrectionist posted:

Well this sucks, I got poor framerate so I tried reducing the resolution to 720p...but then the game won't fullscreen it, just gives me huge black borders around the game-screen. Anyone know how to make it not do that?

I would also like to know if anyone has a solution to this. Or is it a "play in windowed/wait for the patch" kind of deal?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Bugblatter posted:

The shrine itself loads first so you don't have to wait forever every time you want to level up. Only place in the game that does this.

That explains it. Thanks. (Still would have been better to just let you level at every bonfire but eh)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

-Xbox360 controller doesn't work. Based on the buttons on-screen, only an Xbox One controller will work, as the buttons referenced on the screen do not exist on the 360 controller.

-Xbox one controller does not automatically work with Windows 10 and its integrated Xbox experience.

-Not downloading DS4Windows because I'd like to play more than 30 minutes at a time before recharging the batteries.

-Of course, every time you turn on your Xbox One, there is an hour long process of updating the system hardware.

-System hardware on the Xbox One must be updated before the controller can be updated.

So, basically I made my character and I've been loving around with my controllers ever since, ready to rip out somebody's underwear through their throat.

I'm using a 360 wired controller just fine.

I have no idea where to go after firelink tho...uhhh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It won't work.

Taking off my armor does not work.

Turning off SSAO and shadows does not work.

Rolling back my drivers does not work.

I am stuck. At this loving bonfire. And it crashes every time I try to leave.

And I've played enough to know how good it is when it lets me actually play it.

:qq::negative::qq: