Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

The irony being that several years later, Disney bought Marvel so it wouldn't have loving mattered haha

Also I read that Eisenberg isn't interested in playing Lex Luthor anymore, making his performance the ultimate troll. poo poo all over the character and then peace out and let the studio and future directors deal with the fallout.

I'm sure that's fine, why would you want to make Lex Luthor a returning villain anyways :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Xenomrph posted:

Also I read that Eisenberg isn't interested in playing Lex Luthor anymore, making his performance the ultimate troll. poo poo all over the character and then peace out and let the studio and future directors deal with the fallout.

do you have a source because that is one of the funniest things i can picture an actor doing

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

mclast posted:

do you have a source because that is one of the funniest things i can picture an actor doing
I misspoke, Eisenberg wants to return but the studio hasn't told him of any future plans to use Luthor yet.

http://screencrush.com/jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor-justice-league/

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Xenomrph posted:

Also I read that Eisenberg isn't interested in playing Lex Luthor anymore

In a darkened room Kevin Spacey sits, casting furtive glances toward his phone.

Across town, Joel Schumacher's long dormant vintage pager springs to unholy life.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

BvS was supposed to be DC's answer to The Avengers but it's absolutely getting wrecked, there's no way it'll even make 2/3 of what The Avengers got.

BvS had a much bigger opening than Deadpool thanks to a record number of pre-order ticket sales but has been making less pretty much every day after that - Deadpool made $30m in it's 3rd weekend but BvS only made $23m which nearly closed the gap between them. At this rate it'll make less than Deadpool at the domestic box office and will barely make more money than Spider-Man 3. SM3 was made back in 2007 so if you adjust for inflation then it'll probably beat BvS domestically. How the gently caress do you make a film about Batman versus Superman and have it struggle to compete against Spider-Man 3???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOtpeYERu9w

BvS also has the extra charge for 3D. Deadpool and Superman 3 didn't have that. Makes it even more pathetic.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Xenomrph posted:

I misspoke, Eisenberg wants to return but the studio hasn't told him of any future plans to use Luthor yet.

http://screencrush.com/jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor-justice-league/

:( if goyer worked on the nolan batmans, i'm pretty sure the only thing i didn't like about BvS was snyder

i can see him getting work after 300, but after Watchmen needed a 3 hours directors cut for apologists to like it, what idiot in the world entrusted him with their tentpole movies

eisenberg is a workable Lex

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Xenomrph posted:

The irony being that several years later, Disney bought Marvel so it wouldn't have loving mattered haha

I'm sure he's bound by some contract poo poo, unless he was clever enough to avoid that. Eisenberg is kind of an rear end in a top hat in general, but I'm glad to see he's an equal opportunity rear end in a top hat.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

mclast posted:

:( if goyer worked on the nolan batmans, i'm pretty sure the only thing i didn't like about BvS was snyder

i can see him getting work after 300, but after Watchmen needed a 3 hours directors cut for apologists to like it, what idiot in the world entrusted him with their tentpole movies

eisenberg is a workable Lex
I genuinely liked Watchmen (both the theatrical cut and the director's cut).
Like yeah the original comic is better for many reasons, but the movie does a really admirable job of adapting it and keeping it intact, and happens to fix some of the goofier poo poo from the comic that would make mainstream audiences say "wait, what?"

Like I said, I really don't mind Snyder on the whole. He's got an interesting style and it lends itself well to certain projects, I just don't think Superman is one of them.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

many johnnys posted:

Superman, bloodied on the ground: Help... Bort...

Batman: why did you say that name? My son is also named bort

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Lex Luthor (Kevin Spacey) (quietly drop the senior) is confronted by the reanimated clone Superman that was buried in Kansas who now has a corpse-blue skintone and dead eyes. The assembled Justice League fight off killer clone Superman who's going crazy and erratically destroying things.

Thanks to Batman doing detective poo poo, we find out that, on Zod's ship in Man of Steel, Superman was placed in one of those dildo phantom zone things and his clone was who Lois Lane and Russell Crowe freed (this is when Superman returned to earth and started being a huge dick who kills people and never does anything heroic). It's already established in MoS that the Kryptonians were way into cloning (in the comics this is also where Doomsday comes from, so there's more precedent).

As evil Superman owns the Justice League, we get the badass showdown between evil Superman and Wonder Woman. To much fanfare and happiness the long frozen real Superman escapes the phantom zone and returns to earth. He kicks the poo poo out of Bizarro but refuses to kill him. He leaves him weakened and Superman finds out Lex Luthor had invented a special chamber to contain a weakened Superman where he can't absorb healing solar energy. Superman puts Bizarro in the device to contain him.

Then Darkseid shows up and does his thing.

Directed by literally anyone but Zack Snyder.

-------

And now your Snyderverse is unfucked without having to reboot the franchise 2 movies into it.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Apr 11, 2016

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Good idea but you can't use Kevin Spacey since he was already Lex in a different continuity. It would be weird, and also I didn't like his performance much anyway.

Give Bryan Cranston all the money to save this poo poo instead.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

As evil Superman owns the Justice League, we get the badass showdown between evil Superman and Wonder Woman. To much fanfare and happiness the long frozen real Superman escapes the phantom zone and returns to earth. He kicks the poo poo out of Bizarro but refuses to kill him. He leaves him weakened and Superman finds out Lex Luthor had invented a special chamber to contain a weakened Superman where he can't absord healing solar energy. Superman puts Bizarro in the device to contain him.

Part of the fight occurs in a junkyard.

(it's an homage)

I didn't mind Spacey's impersonation of Hackman's Luthor, but definately seconding Cranston.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Doflamingo posted:

Give Bryan Cranston all the money to save this poo poo instead.

This is way better but I figured he wouldn't do it because surely he was asked. I mean what kind of loving drooling imbecile wouldn't cast him first to play Lex in a Superman movie?

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

This whole thing makes me nostalgic for translucent viscera and giant spiders.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Just like how Galaxy Quest is the best Star Trek movie The Iron Giant is the best Superman movie.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Don't forget The Incredibles is the best Fantastic Four movie.

Close, lock, goldmine

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Star Trek 4 is better than Galaxy Quest

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
which ones are star trek 4 and superman 3 this poo poo is too confusing for me i need the tagline and possibly release year

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

thathonkey posted:

which ones are star trek 4 and superman 3 this poo poo is too confusing for me i need the tagline and possibly release year

the ones with whales and the one with robots

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Superman should go back to fighting robots.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Groovelord Neato posted:

didn't he frame superman by using bombs and guns. why.

Not just any guns. Guns with special snowflake bullets only his company makes.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Shaocaholica posted:

Not just any guns. Guns with special snowflake bullets only his company makes.

With bullets that had trouble penetrating a small notebook

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

TLG James posted:

With bullets that had trouble penetrating a small notebook

Must have been a bad one. The other one didn't have any trouble going through Jimmy's head.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Do any of you get bothered by the fact that some of Suicide Squad settings are so "realistic"?

I mean those military dudes and helicopter make me feel like I am watching a Michael Bay/CoD trailer. Can't they just design some more fantasy looking? They are all loving CGI.

I hope they don't talk about Arabic terrorist in SS.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

whatever7 posted:

Do any of you get bothered by the fact that some of Suicide Squad settings are so "realistic"?

It bothered me that BvS was set in a fictionalized version of our world with made-up cities, but they have contemporary talking heads from CNN and Cosmos to pull you out of it. Like make up some talking heads that work for Chanel 7 WBX in Metropolis or whatever.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Otisburg posted:

It bothered me that BvS was set in a fictionalized version of our world with made-up cities, but they have contemporary talking heads from CNN and Cosmos to pull you out of it. Like make up some talking heads that work for Chanel 7 WBX in Metropolis or whatever.

Soledad O'Brien shoulda been Wonder Woman.

It's a great disguise.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Otisburg posted:

Something that I was reminded of recently with all the talk about why's there a Daily Planet in MoS and BvS when print media is dying. Isn't the Daily Planet in Superman Returns actually a media conglomerate? Like print division is just one part of it, it's also a cable network.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Young Freud posted:

Something that I was reminded of recently with all the talk about why's there a Daily Planet in MoS and BvS when print media is dying. Isn't the Daily Planet in Superman Returns actually a media conglomerate? Like print division is just one part of it, it's also a cable network.

I don't think that's established in either movie, but it would solve two problems if they made it so:
You could have your talking heads just be character actors for "DPNN" or whatever instead of subverting your comic reality with Anderson Goddamned Cooper, and Clark's job ceases to be quite so absurd an anachronism.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Otisburg posted:

I don't think that's established in either movie, but it would solve two problems if they made it so:
You could have your talking heads just be character actors for "DPNN" or whatever instead of subverting your comic reality with Anderson Goddamned Cooper, and Clark's job ceases to be quite so absurd an anachronism.

Or you bring on real anchors as fake anchors, like Robocop's "Casey Wong" i.e. L.A.-area newscaster Mario Machado or CBC host Patrick Watson playing a major role in Countdown To Looking Glass (holy poo poo, that's a obscure reference)

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
That fire escape Batman lands on when he's trying to get away from Doomsday in the final battle, that's totally the same fire escape he got his rear end kicked by the three burglars in Batman Year One. As obscure references go.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I like that in the animated version of The Dark Knight Returns they kept the news anchor with a lobster on her head.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Network Pesci posted:

That fire escape Batman lands on when he's trying to get away from Doomsday in the final battle, that's totally the same fire escape he got his rear end kicked by the three burglars in Batman Year One. As obscure references go.

The one where hes all "NO IM NOT A KILLER"

as far as obscure juxtapositions go!

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

loving lol at the CD posters who see people edging away from their dumb opinions to laugh at them at discrete distance away and interpret it as people going to SAFE SPACES to MELT DOWN because they can't handle THE VISIONARY QUALITIES OF BATMAN VS SUPERMAN. :allears:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

lazorexplosion posted:

loving lol at the CD posters who see people edging away from their dumb opinions to laugh at them at discrete distance away and interpret it as people going to SAFE SPACES to MELT DOWN because they can't handle THE VISIONARY QUALITIES OF BATMAN VS SUPERMAN. :allears:
My favorite exchange of late was when someone likened this thread to being a Bizarro version of the CineD thread, going so far as to say that their thread would softly weep as it beat this thread to death.

You know, as if their thread isn't the one championing a moody, violent, unrelatable (Bizarro) Superman.

:ironicat:

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

lazorexplosion posted:

Can you mock them to their face in CD without getting probated immediately? I would much rather do that.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Can you mock them to their face in CD without getting probated immediately? I would much rather do that.

I'm tryin :p

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the fact that its so terrible just makes me want to see it more

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

the fact that its so terrible just makes me want to see it more

tbh it's not the fun kind of bad like a manic nick cage movie or even like a transformers or a fast and furious. it's just you know exhausting to watch in a really dismal way

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Otisburg posted:

tbh it's not the fun kind of bad like a manic nick cage movie or even like a transformers or a fast and furious. it's just you know exhausting to watch in a really dismal way
thats unfortunate, just awkward snyder movie i guess. i dunno i liked watchmen, do you think id even half enjoy this movie if i liked watchmen?

transformers 4 is probably my favorite bad movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

thats unfortunate, just awkward snyder movie i guess. i dunno i liked watchmen, do you think id even half enjoy this movie if i liked watchmen?

i sincerely believe this film has less fun with its premise than watchmen did. i will readily concede the character assassination of superman into a dismal frowning fart was a big part of it.

• Locked thread