Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Boinks posted:

Anyone catch yesterday's Will Andrew Eat It? It boggles my mind how someone can be a 27 year old adult and still have the eating habits of an 8 year old.

Adams obsession with what people like on hot dogs is disturbing. Its not like hes talking about ketchup on steak, its fuken hot dogs for gods sake, the lowliest of meats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I live in a city that spazzes out when anyone puts ketchup on a hot dog.

I still agree with him that Dodger Dogs are complete dogshit and should not be celebrated.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

JB50 posted:

Adams obsession with what people like on hot dogs is disturbing. Its not like hes talking about ketchup on steak, its fuken hot dogs for gods sake, the lowliest of meats.

No you don't understand. This guy will only eat them plain and from the middle out - because he won't eat the crimped ends .

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Boinks posted:

No you don't understand. This guy will only eat them plain and from the middle out - because he won't eat the crimped ends .

I wasnt referring to todays pod, but just some peoples obsession with ketchup on dogs. Its retarded.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Finally heard the pre superbowl show and holy poo poo Andrew is a freaky weirdo. I cant figure out if he grew up poor or was just a heavily protected mommas boy. Never had an olive? His lunch was saltines with peanut butter from grade 3-11 thats hosed up.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

JB50 posted:

Finally heard the pre superbowl show and holy poo poo Andrew is a freaky weirdo. I cant figure out if he grew up poor or was just a heavily protected mommas boy. Never had an olive? His lunch was saltines with peanut butter from grade 3-11 thats hosed up.

When I heard what he had for lunch every single day I felt so bad for him.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I had two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch everyday for 13 years.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

UltraRed posted:

I had two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch everyday for 13 years.

At least you had jelly and bread.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
Being a picky eater as an adult is a sign of arrested development. I don't like to agree with Adam but Will Angie Eat It gave me a cathartic thrill back in the radio days.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
2006 was my first year in my line of work where I had a job I which I had an office and a desk and the ability to listen to radio in the morning so after having listened to Adam regularly on Loveline up until 2000 it was quite a shock when I heard him on morning radio.

It was chaotic and frenzied and great (and horrible). Mostly because as much radio as Adam had done this was new and he was having to depend on good, funny, interesting people around him to help and challenge him because the format threw him for a loop.

Now is the opposite and I haven't listened in months.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

JGdmn posted:

2006 was my first year in my line of work where I had a job I which I had an office and a desk and the ability to listen to radio in the morning so after having listened to Adam regularly on Loveline up until 2000 it was quite a shock when I heard him on morning radio.

It was chaotic and frenzied and great (and horrible). Mostly because as much radio as Adam had done this was new and he was having to depend on good, funny, interesting people around him to help and challenge him because the format threw him for a loop.

Now is the opposite and I haven't listened in months.

Great. Thanks for checking in.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
I'm so delighted that Ray and Eric Stromer are doing regular episodes of Ace on the House.

I just like how much Stromer seems to genuinely enjoy doing the show.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Has Carolla stopped doing Ace on the House with Ray?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

visuvius posted:

Has Carolla stopped doing Ace on the House with Ray?

Judging by the website looks like he and Stromer alternate.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
This is kind of a longshot, but maybe someone would know how to find this particular episode of Loveline.
Adam has told the story a bunch of times about his truck getting stolen constantly, but he would do something to the truck so that it would only get about a block before it shut down. I think he explained how to do it once, but I can't remember and I'm curious to know what he did.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

How Much Art posted:

This is kind of a longshot, but maybe someone would know how to find this particular episode of Loveline.
Adam has told the story a bunch of times about his truck getting stolen constantly, but he would do something to the truck so that it would only get about a block before it shut down. I think he explained how to do it once, but I can't remember and I'm curious to know what he did.

Sounds like he turned the gas off or something. I vaguely remember that as well. He had some kind of switch under the dash, to the fuel pump maybe?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah it was a toggle for the fuel line or the fuel pump or something. I am not a car guy but basically when the switch was off the car "ran out of gas" as soon as the stuff sitting in the line was burned up.

Next step is to paint your car stereo brown. Then you will be ready for blue collar life in the late 1980s/early 1990s.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

pangstrom posted:

Yeah it was a toggle for the fuel line or the fuel pump or something. I am not a car guy but basically when the switch was off the car "ran out of gas" as soon as the stuff sitting in the line was burned up.

Next step is to paint your car stereo brown. Then you will be ready for blue collar life in the late 1980s/early 1990s.

I think you got it. It was the fuel pump/line had a toggle that wouldn't let gas flow into the carburetor. The thing made it a little bit though because there was a little bit in the carburetor so the truck would burn it off, and then act as if it were out of gas.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Thanks for the answers, I want to see if i can do something similar to my van, couldn't remember what he did.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm hearing ads for the podcast on regular radio now. Kind of weird.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Anyone else find Vinny Tortorich to be kind of a douche?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Do people still listen to this? What's he up to

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

visuvius posted:

Anyone else find Vinny Tortorich to be kind of a douche?

Hes on wayyyyy too much. Adam has accepted his gospel though so we will probably never be rid of him.

Adam was very wrong about torque ratios the other day. Granted the chic talking about them probably didnt know what it was, but it is a real thing.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

WEH posted:

Do people still listen to this? What's he up to

Recent shows I've checked out have been pretty good. Especially the live shows. Check out the Portland show from a few days ago, that one was consistently funny and fresh throughout. I hope Cory makes it :(

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

The Marc Maron one was super duper good. Also shows how well Adam can like respect people with different opinions and still at least explain his thought process.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Veskit posted:

The Marc Maron one was super duper good. Also shows how well Adam can like respect people with different opinions and still at least explain his thought process.

That was the first AC podcast I'd listened to in 6 months, and it was pretty good. However, the Maron/Louie podcast that I had listened to right before was so much better it made it look a lot worse.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Medullah posted:

That was the first AC podcast I'd listened to in 6 months, and it was pretty good. However, the Maron/Louie podcast that I had listened to right before was so much better it made it look a lot worse.

It had too many spoilers so i said f it and turned it off.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
The podcast with Maron was good but it's like okay we get it dude, you're butthurt about Stern making GBS threads on podcasts, can we move on please?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

visuvius posted:

The podcast with Maron was good but it's like okay we get it dude, you're butthurt about Stern making GBS threads on podcasts, can we move on please?

True, but to be fair, Stern's rant about podcasts was one of the stupidest things ever. I didn't listen to it but I read transcripts and it's like his intent was to parody Death of a Salesman.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I haven't listened to the Carolla show in forever, but I just went to the site and I noticed he's now with Podcast One. How long has that been going on? Does he no longer consider himself "the pirate ship"? I thought Podcast One were the same corporate guys behind Westwood One.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cromulent posted:

I haven't listened to the Carolla show in forever, but I just went to the site and I noticed he's now with Podcast One. How long has that been going on? Does he no longer consider himself "the pirate ship"? I thought Podcast One were the same corporate guys behind Westwood One.

It's been a while, at least early 2015.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
HAHAHA so there's no Ace Network? That's pretty great. What a rube.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Oh no, Carolla Digital still exists and is the "main" host of all of his related podcasts (And I'm assuming he still gets a huge % of ad revenue from them), he's just a Podcast One affiliate, along with pretty much every other big podcast.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Medullah posted:

Oh no, Carolla Digital still exists and is the "main" host of all of his related podcasts (And I'm assuming he still gets a huge % of ad revenue from them), he's just a Podcast One affiliate, along with pretty much every other big podcast.

Ok, well that's less funny but makes more sense. Podcast One is terrible, their commercials suck me back into radio hell in the late 90s.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

They announced some weeks back that Wednesday and Friday would be clean shows with no cussing to attract better advertisers.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 29, 2016

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
Listening to thousands of combined hours of Loveline and TACS has forever changed how I speak and most of the time I don't even realize it.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Where is the Maron / Carolla podcast? Is it the one from years ago or did they do another one recently?

I've been listening to about half of the Adam & Dr. Drew shows, which evidently will be daily now that loveline is done. I don't recommend it, though, unless you're like me and have time to listen to a lot of podcasts... they took a lot of calls in the most recent one which was better but in general it's been mostly Adam spinning out in the usual way and Dr. Drew not doing much of value.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Grant DaNasty posted:

They announced some weeks back that Wednesday and Friday would be clean shows with no cussing to attract better advertisers.

loving lol

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Ace Network went away when Donny broke off. I guess rather than fight about who owns what, he just set up a new company. Still won the lawsuit, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Grant DaNasty posted:

I was ticked off when I heard this but honestly haven't even noticed