Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foodchain
Oct 13, 2005

Is there sublime bone dust in this? I found like 4 estus shards, but nothing to actually make my flask heal more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

So is there anyone here for whom this is their first Souls Game? I know it's a long shot but I'd love to hear some first impressions from you, if you even exist.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So is it true there's going to be a patch tomorrow?

I'm somehow avoiding the worst of the performance issues, but I do get the occasional frame hitch where everything kind of skips for a half second.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I'm so glad that double tapping roll or attack will still randomly choose between queuing them and sending me flying in some awful direction, or occasionally letting my character act like I was playing a game with consistent controls.

Definitely my favorite carryover from the other games in the series.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Foodchain posted:

Is there sublime bone dust in this? I found like 4 estus shards, but nothing to actually make my flask heal more.

yes

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Traxis posted:

Found a sword that causes frostbite (slow) on hit. Game owns.

I had a Raw Battle Axe and changed it to a Fire Battle Axe. I can't recommend it.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Well. I have to go to bed for work tomorrow but I spent my entire time grinding for Lothric gear. Am I playing this game right?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Seven more minutes! 2 was my first souls game and I only beat that for the first time a couple weeks ago. Good timing, I'm excited for a game for the first time in like 20 years.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My up-to-date GTX970 and AMD 8320 machine overheated and auto-shutdown for the second time playing DS3 so I guess I'm done for now.

At least I learned that moundmakers are rad, and the longsword sword art is useless.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Can someone explain the covenant things

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

5 minutes, good luck fellow PS4 goons

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

No performance issues here, consider upgrading your PC's anyone who's having problems :smug:

3rd boss is a bitch treeman. 2 Great Combustions ends the first phase...when it loving hits. it's a 25% chance of it just fizzling and hitting his tree rear end instead of his tree balls. This boss sucks.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Eonwe posted:

Can someone explain the covenant things

you wear a ring to join a club. when you take the ring off you leave the club and can put on another club ring at any time.

certain clubs mean you volunteer for PVP police (you help fight invaders), or make it so you get help if you get invaded, etc etc there's PVP ones and PVE ones and all sorts of stuff

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
The only performance issue I'm having on my machine is occasional stutter when the game auto-saves. Anyone else having this issue? I'm on an i5-2500K @ 4.5Ghz, GeForce 970, 8 gigs of Ram, and I have an SSD.

The game is running super smoothly otherwise, which makes it really jarring.

Lovable Luciferian posted:

I'm getting a frame stutter during saves. It's noticeable and has gotten me killed. I have an I7 5820k, gtx 980, and 32 gigs of RAM.

OK, I'm glad I'm not the only one. It doesn't happen every time it saves, but it definitely happens a fair bit. I wonder if it's an SSD issue?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mortimer posted:

No performance issues here, consider upgrading your PC's anyone who's having problems :smug:

The game runs fine for me, until my computer hits 90 celsius. :v:

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Cactus posted:

So is there anyone here for whom this is their first Souls Game? I know it's a long shot but I'd love to hear some first impressions from you, if you even exist.

Game is pretty on PC, getting my rear end handed to me by first boss. Not really sure what to do.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mortimer posted:

you wear a ring to join a club. when you take the ring off you leave the club and can put on another club ring at any time.

certain clubs mean you volunteer for PVP police (you help fight invaders), or make it so you get help if you get invaded, etc etc there's PVP ones and PVE ones and all sorts of stuff

Ok that's really straightforward

ugly
Jul 22, 2003
No clue
Pillbug
Holy poo poo. Just ran into a pretty awesome event in the second area. This game is rad.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Filthy Hans posted:

5 minutes, good luck fellow PS4 goons

OK! Here we g-YOU HAVE DIED

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
One minute to go! :)

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Etrips posted:

Game is pretty on PC, getting my rear end handed to me by first boss. Not really sure what to do.

Watch your stamina, tank with your shield, circle behind him and hit him in the butt. Dodging his hits instead of tanking him is also good.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

il serpente cosmico posted:

The only performance issue I'm having on my machine is occasional stutter when the game auto-saves. Anyone else having this issue? I'm on an i5-2500K @ 4.5Ghz, GeForce 970, 8 gigs of Ram, and I have an SSD.

The game is running super smoothly otherwise, which makes it really jarring.

Same issue but it also happens when I pick warp at the bonfire. i5-3550, Asus gtx 970, 16gb of ram and samsung 850 evo ssd on windows 10

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Etrips posted:

If it's any consolation I've done four bosses so far and the first one is definitely the hardest. Just power through it and eventually you'll get lucky and can continue on.

Lucky for you there's a couple of undead in the very first zone that pretty much mimic the transform/wreck poo poo gimmick so have fun :darksouls:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Failed to login over and over :(

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Eonwe posted:

Ok that's really straightforward

Covenents usually are. The tricky bit is figuring out how to join them. Sometimes you talk to a dude. Sometimes you offer your soul to a titty spider. Other times you throw yourself into the blackest abyss and just hope there's something there.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

First 24 hours will probably be offline mode, that's how it was on PS4 for Blooodborne.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Man, the first boss really has my number. I've apparently gotten terrible since DS2.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Rolo posted:

Same! Thanks PS4. Time to go to bed and try tomorrow.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Etrips posted:

he dies real quick to fire in his second form

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
Actually I let it go to offline mode and tried to log in from there and it worked.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Nuggan posted:

Same! Thanks PS4. Time to go to bed and try tomorrow.

Restart ps4. Worked then.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
This game is really fun. It feels like a faster paced Dark Souls. I started as a knight and even with all my armor and very little in stats I found I was able to dodge roll to avoid things much easier than DS2.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Not really liking the first real boss. I keep getting him into the second form and then getting squashed because his animations are different and go way quicker. Some of his attacks just seem to go off a split second before I think I should roll and then welp I'm dead. I can't tell what attack he's telegraphing half the time.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

havenwaters posted:

Same issue but it also happens when I pick warp at the bonfire. i5-3550, Asus gtx 970, 16gb of ram and samsung 850 evo ssd on windows 10

Hmm, I have an 840 Evo.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
The first boss is basically Sif in that it has an insta-murder radius at midrange but can't do much to you at kissing distance - its few shortrange attacks aren't very strong and are mostly there to smash you flat so it can open up some distance again.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I am loving the amount of stamina you get in this. in cloth armour shield and big axe I get two rolls and a four hit combo off. with the axe you can just find an opening then take out basically any enemy so far with a four hit combo.

and yeah the rolling is basically bloodborne speed. its great.

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 12, 2016

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
lol these people who didn't play bloodborne

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Forcing v-sync in the nvidia control panel seems to be helping DS3 not blow up. I'm guessing the framerate's unlimited?

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Arrived in Undead Settlement, cool looking place, reminds me of Bloodborne. Alright, going through a... surprisingly empty multiple story dilapidated building... and there's footsteps above me...

Uh huh, alright, well, you keep doing what you're doing buddy. Ahead is a message, "mob ahead", well, doesn't look too bad, there's only six or seven of the jerks I just plowed through to get here and...

Huh, well, I put my bow in storage, so I can't try to knock that body down so I'll just take the doorway on the le-

Alright, I'm just gonna try quitting and reloading. After hanging forever, I killed the client and restarted, this time it successfully loads. I see the tree, the entire mob that I just killed ragdolls hilariously, and looks like a fat lady spawned in. Oh! And the balcony loaded, so I guess I'll just go back into the completely empty building I just came through and what is this, more jerks from out of nowhere? Easy enough to handle, grab the shiny from the balcony corpse and I think now is a good time to just mosey on back to the bonfire I arrived in on and...

I think I'll just give the game a break for a while. I picked deprived for a harder starting challenge, while guessing if there's a collision mesh or not under my feet is not what I signed up for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Downloading on PS4 woooooooo

PS4 goons unite