Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Apparently the first Doctor Strange trailer (not a teaser, a full trailer) is going live tomorrow, starting on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It better feature some Hawkwind or something.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Scyantific posted:

Apparently the first Doctor Strange trailer (not a teaser, a full trailer) is going live tomorrow, starting on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Already leaked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzmI3vAIhbE

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

It better feature some Hawkwind or something.

I hope the movie will have this scene.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

We blowed it up together :3:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

Newspaper Spider-Man continues to be the best Spider-Man.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
So is she going to be playing Heimdall's sister or Heimdall's daughter?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Whizbang posted:

So is she going to be playing Heimdall's sister or Heimdall's daughter?

People are guessing Roz.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/status/719595692843360257

Good, I was curious about that.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
They should have her play Adam Warlock just to mega-gently caress with comic fanboys.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
drat I'm dressing as my dude dschinghis khan for halloween and just telling everyone I'm dressed up as DOCTOR STRANGE
what a fly outfit he's rocking
perfect EDC uni really

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I loving hate trailers nowadays. I think I would have enjoyed BvS a lot more if every good line wasn't in the trailer. What sucks most is I managed to avoid all trailers until I saw Force Awakens. I was excited until I finished BvS and realized I had already seen the good parts.
I kinda felt that way about Deadpool, actually. There were multiple scenes where I zoned out a bit because it was like "alright, it's that scene now." To be fair though that was my own fault for watching every bit of promo material I could get my hands on.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

The MSJ posted:

honestly if the MCU started making canon spider-man newspaper universe movies I would swear them my undying fealty
Like a universe where Spider-Man gets hits by bricks and runs into walls and just stands there watching Wolverine and Sabretooth beat each other unconscious. He's almost like a Deadpool just without all the annoying insufferable poo poo that makes up 99% of Deadpool.
and who wouldn't want this plot arc:

this is a STONE COLD challenge to YOU Kevin Feige. Get JK Simmons in that Iron Man suit. Disney got a man on the moon, they can at least do this.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Deadpool was simultaneously the best Marvel movie yet, and a movie I'm perfectly happy only ever watching once.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Wheeee posted:

Deadpool was simultaneously the best Marvel movie yet, and a movie I'm perfectly happy only ever watching once.

U sayin it's better than Spider Man...?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

My Lovely Horse posted:

I kinda felt that way about Deadpool, actually. There were multiple scenes where I zoned out a bit because it was like "alright, it's that scene now." To be fair though that was my own fault for watching every bit of promo material I could get my hands on.

I kinda feel the same way and wish they wouldn't put out so much material- except that's probably what everyone is clamouring for. Lose either way for them :/

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Jasen posted:

What's also weird is that Cap is in quite the fight with a random goon in that bottom left hand corner of the second screenshot while Falcon casually walks forward. Dude doesn't even glance back to see if his friend needs any help. And then Cap just walks in from off-screen right after.

1 captain america doesn't need help against government/sheild nobodies

2 if it were someone that cap needs help to fight, the loving falcon is not going to provide that help. unless cap like needs his shield returned to him.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

It looks okay but hopefully they can fix the editing problems before the full release. Can't wait to see it in 3D.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
So I finally watched Deadpool, and I have to say it completely smashed my expectations by being the single most annoying piece of garbage film I have ever seen. Im all for differing opinions, but I really do not get the love for this film.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Elfgames posted:

1 captain america doesn't need help against government/sheild nobodies

This is not how action films work.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

So I finally watched Deadpool, and I have to say it completely smashed my expectations by being the single most annoying piece of garbage film I have ever seen. Im all for differing opinions, but I really do not get the love for this film.

It had a surprisingly affecting emotional core surrounded by good jokes. It's fine if it's not your thing, but it absolutely succeeded at what it wanted to do, and was a tremendous success as a consequence.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

People thought "happy international women's day" followed by Ryan Reynolds getting momentarily pegged was brilliant

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

People thought "happy international women's day" followed by Ryan Reynolds getting momentarily pegged was brilliant
It was a good punchline improved by the fact you don't generally get a dude get hosed in the rear end in a movie without it somehow making him less masculine.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

U sayin it's better than Spider Man...?

you didn't ask me, but I'd say it is on par/better than Spider-Man but definitely not better than Spider-Man 2.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

If someone actually wants to avoid spoilers for a thing then they shouldn't be reading Internet forums discussing that thing. It seems pretty simple to me. I've done it plenty of times.

The problem is this doesn't work when I log on to the forums and FYAD's title is changed to "Han Solo dies" weeks before the new Star Wars movie comes out.

I also liked the GBS thread where the title was major spoilers for the film.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Man I finally got around to seeing this wildly popular movie, are you guys aware that it ACTUALLY loving SUCKS BALLS? Aight peace

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
In fairness, if you knew anything about Harrison Ford the past 20 years or so, then "Han Solo Dies" is less of a spoiler and more of a likely fulfillment of his wishes.

The real spoiler would've been "Luke has no speaking part in this movie".

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

computer parts posted:

In fairness, if you knew anything about Harrison Ford the past 20 years or so, then "Han Solo Dies" is less of a spoiler and more of a likely fulfillment of his wishes.

The real spoiler would've been "Luke has no speaking part in this movie".

Okay, fair enough, but it did lead to that effect of "Now I'm just waiting for the part where it happens" and as soon as the scene started I felt a little bit sadder that I was spoiled on it.

It is hilarious to me that Mark Hamill got top billing for a less than one minute cameo where he doesn't speak.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I loving love Tessa Thompson I hope she kills it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WampaLord posted:

Okay, fair enough, but it did lead to that effect of "Now I'm just waiting for the part where it happens" and as soon as the scene started I felt a little bit sadder that I was spoiled on it.

It is hilarious to me that Mark Hamill got top billing for a less than one minute cameo where he doesn't speak.

He probably got paid up front for the next movie too since he begun acting in that film almost right away.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

quote:

Kong: Skull Island is an upcoming American monster film directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts. The film is a reboot of the King Kong franchise and will serve as the second installment in Legendary's Godzilla-Kong cinematic universe. It stars Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, Jason Mitchell, Corey Hawkins, Toby Kebbell, John Ortiz, John C. Reilly, Tom Wilkinson, Thomas Mann, John Goodman and Samuel L. Jackson. Principal photography began on October 19, 2015 in Hawaii. Kong: Skull Island is scheduled to be released on March 10, 2017.

GODZILLA-KONG CINEMATIC UNIVERSE.

I am amused by how many people are trying to get in on the CU action. Also, I had no idea this movie existed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

"the second installment" wait, was the Godzilla movie from a few years ago the first movie?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The only hero I don't want them to mess up is Doctor Strange. Please be good.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So they realized they had both Kong and Godzilla, well after making Godzilla for the record, and decided to rush a King Kong movie into production when Godzilla was a success.

And since King Kong VS Godzilla is still one of the most successful Godzilla movies ever made period, well, why not try and build up to another big fight between them.

The problem is of course that Godzilla 2 is going to have dick all to do with Kong, and has been confirmed to have Rodan, Mothra and Ghidorah in it to SOME degree.

So Kong wandering in after that isn't going to be very breath taking.

King Kong is kind of like Godzilla's over the hill older brother honestly. He had A Good Movie that is heavily flawed and mostly so well remembered for when and how it was made, and he never really passed that peak and also made a lot of aggressively Okay to Terrible films, while Godzilla was the prodigy child who was way cooler and everyone loved him more. And has more than maybe two good films to his name.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
But. What if Godzilla and his minions stole King Kongs banana horde so King Kong teams up with his other monkey friends to get it back?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
So they're going to try and put king kong in the same movie as king ghidorah. Hahaha

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I want the movie where Google builds mecha Godzilla to destroy stuff but it has skin so the government thinks it's real Godzilla and starts fighting it, and then real Godzilla shows up and the gov doesn't know what the gently caress until the fake skin peels off in the major halfway through battle and they team up to fight mecha and Godzilla eats Google CEO lex luthor at the end.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Elfgames posted:

So they're going to try and put king kong in the same movie as king ghidorah. Hahaha

No, no- Godzilla VS King Kong is going to happen AFTER Godzilla 2.

Because this is the most glacial cinematic universe in the history of such things.

I mean Kong might be stuck in the same movie as Ghidorah but I sure hope not!

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Once everyone's favorite three headed dragon king has made an appearance, nobody will give a poo poo about a large monkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Electromax posted:

Once everyone's favorite three headed dragon king has made an appearance, nobody will give a poo poo about a large monkey.

King Kong is an ape you cretin.

• Locked thread