Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Get hype!

I haven't been following. Are iframes tied to stats like ds2 or is it fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Rolo posted:

So no soul memory??? Can I farm my heart out?

Correct, and at some point you can start buying those item discovery coins for fairly cheap. I've heard goons comment along the lines of "Three set drops from a single enemy'

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Also play with the dried finger on 100% of the time. Haven't gotten invaded yet...but I really want to. I die all the time so I can never stay embered. :smith:

Item shop lady sells it for 2k souls.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

So you guys like the new game or what. I think it's awesome

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Appoda posted:

I think this might be the first Souls game in which I prefer the Broadsword over the Longsword. The charged 1H R2 has better reach than my starting spear.

I managed to get the game to stop crashing by turning the lighting to low as everyone has said, but I still get hang-ups every so often -- the framerate is silky smooth 99% of the time, but when the hang-up happens, it's like the game freezes. It eventually unfreezes, so it's not unplayable, but man, is it really annoying.

I think the game is saving when that happens. Look in the upper right corner for the flame icon popping up.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

axeil posted:

Also play with the dried finger on 100% of the time. Haven't gotten invaded yet...but I really want to. I die all the time so I can never stay embered. :smith:

I'm surprised an disappointed they kept the mechanic that you need to have used a consumable to get invaded.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Decrepus posted:

I'm surprised an disappointed they kept the mechanic that you need to have used a consumable to get invaded.

That's not the case

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Give people time. They haven't found red orbs yet

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

messages are definitely my favorite part of every souls game

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I've been invaded four times already, idk what you guys are on about

go hang out in farron, they're loving everywhere for some reason

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
Getting Shrine of Amana flashbacks all of a sudden, stupid weird homing insect cloud thing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just realized moundmakers is basically there so purple pal can try and sneak a kill while the host uses them as long as they can, so it's a game of cat and mouse and watching your back. It's really cool and once things start to die down and people realize that it could be the only option it'll be rad.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Hmm, I'm stuck in the tutorial area since I can't open the doors without a crash. Guess I'll just grind on these zombies until a patch comes out. None of the tips and tricks that have been reported have worked, although playing as knight there is no crashes other than the door crash.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Decrepus posted:

Dried finger buff lets you have an extra invader in addition to the usual invader allowed, and lets you tote around a third phantom.

mrs. nicholas sarkozy
Jan 1, 2006

~let me see ya bounce that bounce that~
This game is loving good. The tutorial boss alone... :allears:

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Get hype!

It is like ds1

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Decided today that I wanted to experience a Souls game "live" for once. Download time keeps bouncing back to 40 mins. I just wanted to get an hour in before bed... :ohdear:

AngryGuy
Sep 30, 2008
Does anyone know what the "Summon sign visibility" option does? Restricted or unrestricted options and the description reads "Restrict the visibility of your summon sign in enemy phantom worlds."

Maybe I should understand but I don't.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shindragon posted:

I know where you are so I got a question for that spot.

Did you go up the tower by any chance and cross the bridge? I can't get the drat item on the left where you have to platforming Dark Souls Bullshit. I keep landing and then slipping off.

There's an item on the left? :aaa:

I got some homeward bones or something but no items of any note. Guess I'll have to go exploring some more. I assume you found the item trading crows right?

Decrepus posted:

it's infinite use

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Who needs estus?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Man they should put "set lighting to low" in the OP since it seems to stop the crashing for so many people.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

AngryGuy posted:

Does anyone know what the "Summon sign visibility" option does? Restricted or unrestricted options and the description reads "Restrict the visibility of your summon sign in enemy phantom worlds."

Maybe I should understand but I don't.
I would really like to know this too. I don't think they could have worded that more confusingly.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rolo posted:

So no soul memory??? Can I farm my heart out?

No soul memory. Only Soul Level and upgraded weapon level matter.

If you want to stay low, don't level too much and don't upgrade your level too far. That's all. :)

Harrow posted:

Any particularly fun weapons to find in the High Wall of Lothric? The Longsword's nice and all, but I wouldn't mind something a bit more exciting to start off with.

Claymore, Rapier, Halberd just to name a few. Lots of fun weapons.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ha ha, I've seen this preview build, this big room with the old lady is definitely the one with the network test boss, and the boss area is right ahead. Let's check to the left inste--oh nevermind this is the boss actually

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

mrs. nicholas sarkozy posted:

This game is loving good. The tutorial boss alone... :allears:

Really great way to open the game. Not too chumpy, not too hard. Also he was just a cool boss in general.

It's too early to form any real opinion, but my first impressions are that this game is giving me the feels I was hoping to get out of Dark Souls 2 that I didn't get(not that I'm bashing DS2 it just felt off to me I guess) and this feels like a return to form. Weapon arts seem like a loving amazing addition and I am just so pumped to play the crap out of this.

The only thing that is weird to me is that I think Bloodborne looks noticeably better. Not to say it looks bad because it looks great, but still. At least the animation is good and the lighting doesn't look all wonky which is all I care about.

E: I just realized you are probably talking about that crystal thing which I have not killed yet he seemed like a fucker.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 12, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

axeil posted:

it's infinite use

He's talking about being embered, not the dried fingers. Do the fingers work even if you're not embered?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So I figured out what the Fire Keeper Soul is for

It's to clear the Dark Sigil you get if you use the free level up from your sorcerer buddy slave. Of course it costs the same as a level up to cure so yeah, nothing's free

I probably hosed myself out of some quest line by doing that and then immediately undoing it but I don't want to risk losing half my lifebar.

Zaphod42 posted:

He's talking about being embered, not the dried fingers. Do the fingers work even if you're not embered?

Haven't gotten invaded while non-embered using the finger but it does activate so...maybe? Really hoping you can use it to enable invasions even if you're not embered.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Man this game is hard without a shield.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
About how far in do you have to get for invasion territory?

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Some of the bonfires in this game are oddly close together.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Where do I go from firelink? Can't figure it out. I already killed the uchigatana dude

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

White Phosphorus posted:

Man this game is hard without a shield.

Yeah I had a lot of trouble with Ice Sif until I grabbed a 100% shield and used it to tank when he starts going nuts in the 2nd half.

As soon as I used the shield he became utterly trivial. So yeah. Shield are important again I guess.

actionjackson posted:

Where do I go from firelink? Can't figure it out.

Notice how Firelink looks like the Nexus from Demon's Souls? You gotta warp out (from the bonfire) just like you did back then.

Oh and one last tip, if you run into guys getting Manus'd, throw a firebomb at them. Turns out Manus hates fire. it stuns the monster so you can get some good hits in

So firebombs might actually be useful beyond the first hour now!

axeil fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 12, 2016

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

actionjackson posted:

Where do I go from firelink? Can't figure it out.

I quit after firelink but it looks like you are supposed to fast travel from the bonfire.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

About how far in do you have to get for invasion territory?

first place you warp to

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

axeil posted:

So I figured out what the Fire Keeper Soul is for

It's to clear the Dark Sigil you get if you use the free level up from your sorcerer buddy slave. Of course it costs the same as a level up to cure so yeah, nothing's free

So what's the downside to using the thing in the first place?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Alan Smithee posted:

Get hype!

I was coming in here to post, from my testing it seems like it's DS2 style - up to 70%, your rolls get somewhat slower with fewer iframes. At 70%, it's fatroll time.

Still working on Vogdt, I should get him down fairly soon. I may want to lose the chainmail, in fact...

Also the goddamned katanas are so fun to use in this game. DRAW STYLE :3: still want to find a scythe tho

also there is no orange soapstone, right

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

NESguerilla posted:

I quit after firelink but it looks like you are supposed to fast travel from the bonfire.

Okay. I can't do that yet because my PS4 is still installing something

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Nuebot posted:

So what's the downside to using the thing in the first place?

Speculation inbound.

Well the Dark Sign is what turned you Hollow in DS1 and DS2 and you get some curse related thing put on you if you use it. In DS1 curse would half your lifebar and in DS2 being Hollow reduced your health. Given that I'm thinking if you have that curse and you die your lifebar is getting cut...except I don't think embering will fix it.

So yeah. I just stayed away.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Man invading is a lot of fun right now with everyone having 2 or 3 white phantoms with their thumbs up their asses waiting at the top of gay baby tower :11tea:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

still want to find a scythe tho

There's one in the undead slums