Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

The giant crabs are terrifying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Just hard locked at the first Bonfire :ohdear:

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

Shoehead posted:

Just hard locked at the first Bonfire :ohdear:

Turn Lighting to low in the graphics options. I was crashing constantly, turned Lighting to low and have had zero crashes since. Hope it works for you.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

ZionestLord posted:

Turn Lighting to low in the graphics options. I was crashing constantly, turned Lighting to low and have had zero crashes since. Hope it works for you.

Will do! Thanks!

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

There's one in the undead slums

Oh I know I just need to get there :v:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Man invading is a lot of fun right now with everyone having 2 or 3 white phantoms with their thumbs up their asses waiting at the top of gay baby tower :11tea:

yeah i wish invading was random and not "prefers invading people who have phantoms"

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
I've avoided as much info on the game as I could, but now that I'm about to start...

Do we know if Faith builds work well in the game, either Miracle-focused or Paladin style? Faith has always been my preferred path for these games.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I literally can't deal with these loving harpie fucks with daggers. It's great when four of them charge me at once and even if I had a fast enough weapon to stunlock one I still get buttfucked by three more that I can't hit.

What the gently caress.

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

Does the PS4 version look as good as Bloodborne? Might as well just grab that to play it sooner rather than wait on PC patches at this point, I think.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

apparently burning a shard does the same thing as burning an acetic in DS2....but it also boosts how stronk your sunnyd is

i do not like that.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Man invading is a lot of fun right now with everyone having 2 or 3 white phantoms with their thumbs up their asses waiting at the top of gay baby tower :11tea:

I've had some luck recently with phantoms and bluecops taking turns, so I basically have to cut my way to the host. I also switch it up to Mound Makers from time to time because you only need to kill somebody as them.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

GreyPowerVan posted:

yeah i wish invading was random and not "prefers invading people who have phantoms"

that and matching the invader and invadee equip levels were some pretty basic ways to prevent SL1 dickwraiths, which was something that was hilarious to do, and something that few very people enjoyed having done to them.

i feel like poise is going to be relevant again? started as deprived, and if a monster tags me with one hit, i don't have the ability to roll away, they just get to unload their entire combo. made the first boss a game of rocket tag, especially with his double lunge thrust thing. it seems like in ds1 & 2 you had a quick window of time where, unless you were completely poise broken, you could always start a roll after taking a hit, but this time around if something hits me i'm eating the two or three stabs.

also lol they removed the ds2 qol change of being able to use multiple quantities of stackable items for what reason? oh no see it makes sense to have to manually eat 8 Deprived Souls one at a time in TYOOL 2016

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

homeless poster posted:

that and matching the invader and invadee equip levels were some pretty basic ways to prevent SL1 dickwraiths, which was something that was hilarious to do, and something that few very people enjoyed having done to them.

i feel like poise is going to be relevant again? started as deprived, and if a monster tags me with one hit, i don't have the ability to roll away, they just get to unload their entire combo. made the first boss a game of rocket tag, especially with his double lunge thrust thing. it seems like in ds1 & 2 you had a quick window of time where, unless you were completely poise broken, you could always start a roll after taking a hit, but this time around if something hits me i'm eating the two or three stabs.

also lol they removed the ds2 qol change of being able to use multiple quantities of stackable items for what reason? oh no see it makes sense to have to manually eat 8 Deprived Souls one at a time in TYOOL 2016

to use multiple of a stack of items, you use the "Use Selected" option in the inventory screen. it's a little weird that it's not the default choice

Orv
May 4, 2011

homeless poster posted:

Use Selected

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
A fat lady just killed me with a flaming bear hug.

:regd09:

ugly
Jul 22, 2003
No clue
Pillbug

Thumbtacks posted:

I literally can't deal with these loving harpie fucks with daggers. It's great when four of them charge me at once and even if I had a fast enough weapon to stunlock one I still get buttfucked by three more that I can't hit.

What the gently caress.

I was having issues with that part until I stopped waiting for the spell casting harpy to shout and activate all the others at once. They are pretty much free targets while they transform, so I just ran in there and hosed a couple up real quick then backed off and let the other two or three come to me one at a time.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Man it's crazy how good this game looks and plays on PC, especially coming straight from DS1 and 2.

It does give me a bit of a twinge of regret that we'll never see BB on PC. Can't wait to play more of this tonight.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

YorexTheMad posted:

I've avoided as much info on the game as I could, but now that I'm about to start...

Do we know if Faith builds work well in the game, either Miracle-focused or Paladin style? Faith has always been my preferred path for these games.

Miracles are fine as long as you realize they are melee use, by and large, and you might have to boost faith higher than expected. Like with STR and DEX you can hit 40 and call it a day. Faith builds want to kick it up a bit more. Praise the motherfucking sun ya'll.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
What is wrong with the framerate in this game. That patch better polish things up. Getting count-the-frame FPS in the first non-tutorial section in the bit with all the dead knights.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
Nothing, as far as I've experienced. What is your graphics card?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Bogart posted:

What is wrong with the framerate in this game. That patch better polish things up. Getting count-the-frame FPS in the first non-tutorial section in the bit with all the dead knights.

Yeah it made my head start hurting after an hour on the PS4, but I think it was still downloading something because it was only 4 gigs when I started it.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

my favorite part of this game so far is the tension of not knowing how many seconds i have after seeing or approaching a bonfire before it crashes again

my second favorite part of this game so far is the friendly people cage that talks to you and really wants you to get in the cage too!!!!!!!! in the undead settlement, they seem like a pal

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Its me, me. Pickle-pee.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Sup?

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Ningyou posted:

my favorite part of this game so far is the tension of not knowing how many seconds i have after seeing or approaching a bonfire before it crashes again

If you haven't already, try setting lighting to low.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Jack Van Burace posted:

Does the PS4 version look as good as Bloodborne? Might as well just grab that to play it sooner rather than wait on PC patches at this point, I think.

It's a different art style, but they're extremely comparable in terms of overall aesthetics, yes. The starting area is basically Hemwick Charnel Lane in daylight, so you'll feel right at home (I have no doubt that's intentional).

Game feels fantastic, and taking down that first boss at level 1 feels goooooood, man.

[edit] Feels even better to have just opted to get this on what was probably the native development platform. I'll be jealous as poo poo in a week or so when you guys figure out all those random rear end driver problems and such. That's not me being snide either; 60fps webms of this stuff is going to make me buy it twice.

SamBishop fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Apr 12, 2016

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

This is a little off topic but my UPS delivery of this say it was "out for delivery as of 9:33 pm". I thought they stopped at 7 or 8, what's going on with that, just a bug on the website?

Orv
May 4, 2011
If you play Dark Souls online on wifi I will find you and throw you out the nearest high rise.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Internet Kraken posted:

A fat lady just killed me with a flaming bear hug.

:regd09:

"Cleanse the bastard's curse..." Fuckin' love those ladies. Don't like their ranged attack though...

There's so much crazy poo poo in that town too and I'm still exploring it. You get there and stuff is just...wrong. Including such lovely things as the gently wiggling corpse-bags and...well you'll see. :v:

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Orv posted:

If you play Dark Souls online on wifi I will find you and throw you out the nearest high rise.

You, uh, know this is running on dedicated servers now, yeah? No more P2P, apparently.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So huh, you can get backstabs while blocking now.

Also question, can you warp from any bonfire?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SamBishop posted:

You, uh, know this is running on dedicated servers now, yeah? No more P2P, apparently.

it's totally the games fault he's losing though.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Coolwhoami posted:

If you haven't already, try setting lighting to low.
Fwiw I started getting constant crashes after the first hour and changing lighting from Max to High seems to have stopped it. I guess just set it to something randomly, sacrifice a chicken, and see if it works.

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

GreenBuckanneer posted:

apparently burning a shard does the same thing as burning an acetic in DS2....but it also boosts how stronk your sunnyd is

i do not like that.

No idea how you got this idea, but it's not true. It only affects estus strength.

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Game runs great for me. I have a 970 and an old rear end i5. I have everything maxed out and it looks amazing! I am getting the stutter when it autosaves, however.

I am also getting my rear end handed to me. The crazy mutant on the roof fucks me up unless I hurl fireballs at it. I started as a pyromancer and I haven't found any cool weapons yet, and I don't want to waste my one fire shard on the axe...

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Hey cool, there's just an archer at the top of these stairs I'lll just kill him quick and OH GOD WHAT THE gently caress IS HAPPENING

*YOU DIED*

GOTY2016

Orv
May 4, 2011

SamBishop posted:

It sure doesn't feel like it sometimes.

E: Also I would imagine it's still the same dedicated servers as 2 and BB, which is to say they matchmake on servers and then it's P2P.

Orv fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Apr 12, 2016

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Need help.
Is there any pattern to the Crystal Sages teleports? Do the crystals he leaves behind when warping give some indication or what?

Also there's a stat on my character called "hollowing" and its at 99.
What does this mean and what do I do about it.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

I love every iteration of these games' "Firebomb guy by his lonesome on a higher level than you" scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
I occasionally get random Estus Flask refills out of nowhere, anyone know what causes that or is it a time-based thing?