Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

dijon du jour posted:

Yeah, that's really the best way to wrap up an episode.

I agree, it was clearly the best choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I recently started listening to everyhting from the start, that pitchfork episode :pusheen:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I recently started listening to everyhting from the start, that pitchfork episode :pusheen:

Lazy, Rococo, Yacht.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Finally listened to the new Lou Reads and all the South Park and Borat references were both hilarious and completely unsurprising.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Gotta throw out some love for "cumedy of errors", best line of that episode.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

The F Plus: Fashion Advice Given by the Least Qualified Individuals

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

Finally listened to the new Lou Reads and all the South Park and Borat references were both hilarious and completely unsurprising.

(I have a pretty good one) was the only thing I laughed at. Cause of loving course.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I'd been holding out on this one until I could give it its due and sit down with it to follow all the links, and boy howdy did that pay off. :magical:

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Guy Mann posted:

Well on their forums they gave me some credit for the my Borat impression.

:nms:

Of course, like the cum on food forum & many others, they accuse me of secretly being on their side. Sigh...

King Lou fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 12, 2016

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

King Lou posted:

Wow, it's literally every variety of defensive post on the internet.

"Oh yeah well any publicity is good publicity so nyah"
"You just cherry-picked"
"You secretly agree with us"
"ur gay"

Also holy poo poo those names. "uk darkie destroyer" is the "skunk skunk spray me now" of racist forum usernames.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm in a production of Midsummer Night's Dream right now so the username Bottle Of Hay really threw me for a loop.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I think my favorite thing about this reaction you sometimes get is how forced it always is. "LOOK AT HOW MUCH I DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS PODCAST THAT MADE FUN OF ME!" :allears:

Like, he couldn't just post the link and go, "Hey everyone, look at this idiot libtard who thinks he's so much better than us," he needed you to lose to him. Even if that meant creating the game after the fact.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 12, 2016

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

King Lou posted:

Of course, like the cum on food forum & many others, they accuse me of secretly being on their side. Sigh...

Weird, small forums like this are bound to get defensive. Especially ones that exist to google search terms and then write like comically racist poo poo about it, they even commented on their website how much they don't care about it cause it's just free publicity man.

As a palate* cleanser, I'd like to remind everyone that Wikihow is still amazing.

gently caress

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 12, 2016

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
oh my god

also the word you're looking for is "palate"

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Sham bam bamina! posted:

oh my god

also the word you're looking for is "palate"

I may not have watched all of the different *Monogatari series, but I feel like that's not a fair characterization of Hanekawa.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MOUTH SOAP THE GAY OUT OF YOU

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I think my favorite thing about this reaction you sometimes get is how forced it always is. "LOOK AT HOW MUCH I DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS PODCAST THAT MADE FUN OF ME!" :allears:

Like, he couldn't just post the link and go, "Hey everyone, look at this idiot libtard who thinks he's so much better than us," he needed you to lose to him. Even if that meant creating the game after the fact.

I think these forums quotes kind of cross that page line of "so weird it's funny" to "god that's depressingly infuriating" that the fplus folks are trying to avoid. And also me as one of their listeners, there's lines between what they read and what Lou reads.

That said, who'd have thought the hardcore racists would be needlessly reactionary and trying to make themselves out to be superior at all times? "Everyone secretly agrees with us." has always been a core belief of these kinds of weirdos. Without it the rest of their worldview falls apart.

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Apr 12, 2016

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
"uk darkie destroyer" sounds like some GBS edgelord username

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

LIMP DICK KARAOKE almost made me cry

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

MOUTH SOAP THE GAY OUT OF YOU

I actually ended up listening to the first half of this episode twice and both times I heard this I was completely revolted.

Which is kind of unusual since I'm usually inured to the awfulness after the first go-around.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Grondoth posted:

As a palate* cleanser, I'd like to remind everyone that Wikihow is still amazing.

gently caress

I'm still not convinced that Wikihow isn't created by trolls that are trying to get kids beat up at their middle schools.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I'm still not convinced that Wikihow isn't created by trolls that are trying to get kids beat up at their middle schools.

I'm not going to touch the poop, but the story I really want to hear is the story of the wikihow artist. I wonder what they think of their job, and the articles they've illustrated. I'm sure they have some "favorites" of their own.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

I'm not going to touch the poop, but the story I really want to hear is the story of the wikihow artist. I wonder what they think of their job, and the articles they've illustrated. I'm sure they have some "favorites" of their own.

If there is any time to do an Irregular, it has gotta be with someone from Wikihow.

Also, I feel like a Clips4Sale Irregular is one $100 custom video and should be covered by the first Patronus Strwtch Goal.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm finally listening to 207 and I'm glad for the return of Kitchin.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
I'm about halfway through the Lou Reads episode and I think I need to take a break. Christing gently caress, these people.

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

I think these forums quotes kind of cross that page line of "so weird it's funny" to "god that's depressingly infuriating" that the fplus folks are trying to avoid. And also me as one of their listeners, there's lines between what they read and what Lou reads.

Ixjuvin posted:

The F Plus is going out for beers with friends; Lou Reads is sitting alone in your room with a bottle of whiskey.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ixjuvin posted:

The F Plus is going out for beers with friends; Lou Reads is sitting alone in your room with a bottle of whiskey.

lmao

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Seriously, if they ever do another Irregular I'd be fascinated to hear from the kind of people making the videos featured in this episode.
Like, what goes through your mind when you look at your inbox and someone wants to pay you to make a video where you put on waterwings and berate them for being gay?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Baron La Croix posted:

Seriously, if they ever do another Irregular I'd be fascinated to hear from the kind of people making the videos featured in this episode.
Like, what goes through your mind when you look at your inbox and someone wants to pay you to make a video where you put on waterwings and berate them for being gay?

a brief inventory of your Gross Closet to see if you still have some water wings from the last time.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

a brief inventory of your Fetish Cwoset

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

King Lou posted:

they uh, they don't know your last name, do they?

because I'm sure if they did the posts would be a LOT different, probably an episode of material on its own.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Madtrixr posted:

they uh, they don't know your last name, do they?

because I'm sure if they did the posts would be a LOT different, probably an episode of material on its own.
I don't know about that; he flat-out says that he's Puerto Rican at the end. I also think I remember (like I'm going to check) a bit where someone mentioned a Hispanic person in passing without much judgement in the middle of a screed about [insert African-American slur here]s.

Hating black people seems to be their entire focus, even as far as racism goes.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 17, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Large Penis Support Group is so amazing :allears:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

:ms:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
The F-plus finally looks at the patron saint of STDH (yes, even more than troper tales): Not Always Right. :woop:

https://thefpl.us/episode/210

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I could listen to this poo poo all day. :allears:

Not Always Right and stuff like that is so unreadable because of how much it didn't happen.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Listening to a gamestop employee own an imaginary bro about Persona 4 made me want to crumple into a ball of pure vicarious embarrassment.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Ah, STDH.txt. A comfortable place to be.

Ed: Adam Bozarth is an international treasure.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 17, 2016

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Lemon's flopped "notice me senpai" attempt at the beginning was delightful :3:

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad
This was a really fun recording to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

RyokoTK posted:

Not Always Right and stuff like that is so unreadable because of how much it didn't happen.

This is gonna take a while for me to work up to for exactly this reason. These kinds of stories are just SO DOUCHEY.