Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
If it makes sense, chances are it's not in the Star Wars Universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

life is a joke posted:

I've been invited to golf with some work buddies a few times, still haven't done it but they're a fun crew and say it's exciting so I'm inclined to believe them. They say it don't matter how good you are because it's just a way to get out the house and hang out but I'm gonna hit the driving range first. Is there a golf thread on something awful? They have a thread in the sports forum for the masters, but I don't see a playing golf one, don't have search neither.
it's an excuse to stand around and drink during daylight and occasionally inflict violence upon a small defenseless object

also, there are golf carts

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

FFT posted:

it's an excuse to stand around and drink during daylight and occasionally inflict violence upon a small defenseless object

also, there are golf carts

Tell us more about your childhood. Were you assaulted often?

Kiebland
Feb 22, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

If it makes sense, chances are it's not in the Star Wars Universe. any science fantasy/scifi franchise.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

life is a joke posted:

Haaa awesome. Is that the 18th hole in one at the tournament ever, or were that #16 & #17 specific to that hole? Either way that's cool.

Ya my golf = boring thing comes from just seeing it as a quiet TV snoozefest. I've been invited to golf with some work buddies a few times, still haven't done it but they're a fun crew and say it's exciting so I'm inclined to believe them. They say it don't matter how good you are because it's just a way to get out the house and hang out but I'm gonna hit the driving range first. Is there a golf thread on something awful? They have a thread in the sports forum for the masters, but I don't see a playing golf one, don't have search neither.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3693961

There ya go.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
"Hey guys, I'm going to go outside, engage in physical activity, try a new sport and hang out and drink with some people; I should read a thread on the internet about it."

but seriously, have fun. Golf is great.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Golf is the only time in your life where driving drunk is not only condoned but encouraged.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

Golf is the only time in your life where driving drunk is not only condoned but encouraged.

Knew a guy who got a DUI trying to drive a golf cart home. For the record it would not have been possible for him to make it, and he didn't get super far.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Skippy McPants posted:

A problem which is not unique to the movies. The entire Star Wars franchise has a fetish for planet killing Super Weapons.

For example, the Hutts tried to make a planet killer that was a stripped down Death Star super laser core.

It promptly exploded on them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

veedubfreak posted:

In my younger years my friends and I had a drunk driving drinking game. Cop cars were a waterfall....

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Solice Kirsk posted:

In my younger years my friends and I had a drunk driving drinking game. Cop cars were a waterfall....

Please tell me more about this game. I must play it with my alcoholic friends!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

nocal posted:

Knew a guy who got a DUI trying to drive a golf cart home. For the record it would not have been possible for him to make it, and he didn't get super far.

I was told a story by a Canadian band about how they got their name. A Constable came to their school to warn them about the dangers of drinking and driving and how he once arrested his neighbor for drinking while mowing his lawn while on a riding mower. Apparently, the Constable was pretty proud of himself.

VVV That's my girlfriend's name.

RoyKeen has a new favorite as of 16:35 on Apr 11, 2016

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

And that band's name?

Alberta Einstein

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rysithusiku posted:

Please tell me more about this game. I must play it with my alcoholic friends!

Well, basically we played only when we were driving from one party to another. The rules were pretty simple:

1. Stop signs driver takes a drink
2. Red lights everyone but the driver drinks until its green
3. When someone finishes their beer (with the exception of the driver) they have to peg a sign with it (this is much easier with bottles than cans). If they miss they have to take another drink, if they connect the driver takes a drink. The driver gets to choose who tries on his behalf and the drinking punishment is reversed.
4. Cars with one headlight are a social.
5. Cops are a waterfall ending with the driver.
6. If you get pulled over everyone has to chug their beers before the cop gets to the window. (this rule never came up)

I think there were a couple more rules, but those are the ones I remember. The cop waterfall only ever came up once and I'm super proud of us for sticking with the rule. We only played it like 3 times before we decided we had used all of our luck up and shelved it.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016

blarzgh posted:

"Hey guys, I'm going to go outside, engage in physical activity, try a new sport and hang out and drink with some people; I should read a thread on the internet about it."

I already play sports ya ding dong, and I'm in work softball league so I get using sports as a front for day drinking. But ya, now that it's been pointed out to me, I'll probably avoid starting sentences with "ya know, I read online that in golf one should always..." which is a very "me" thing to do :p

Anyway I'm posting lots bout golf in the funny pictures thread, ill stop but here have this old picture of the cool dog that people like:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

veedubfreak posted:

The conversation makes it clear that most didn't get this joke but I wanted you to know that I did, forums user veedubfreak :shobon:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

life is a joke posted:

Anyway I'm posting lots bout golf in the funny pictures thread, ill stop but here have this old picture of the cool dog that people like:

But what's the dog's putting average?

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
All I need to know about golf I learned from this videogame trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wkuoPRFo_8

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Of all the problems with 1-3, focusing too much on death stars was not one of them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Choco1980 posted:

The conversation makes it clear that most didn't get this joke but I wanted you to know that I did, forums user veedubfreak :shobon:

I'd hope we all got it. Its as old as golf itself.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Man, they sure have fought a lot of wars over these "stars."

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Baron von Eevl posted:

Man, they sure have fought a lot of wars over these "stars."

And now with Starkiller Base, they fight wars with stars.

Thank you, thank you. Try the veal. And now your main act, Jeff Dunham.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TinTower posted:

For example, the Hutts tried to make a planet killer that was a stripped down Death Star super laser core.

It promptly exploded on them.

The Darksaber (:emo:) was built on the cheap, despite multiple warnings about what an absolute shitshow construction had turned into by the end. If it had been built properly it might've actually worked. And not been anywhere near as hilariously sad.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I demand a starkiller starbase. Its a death star at the core of a star that drains stars to blow up stars.

Edit: And piloted by sneetches with stars upon thars. gently caress it, I don't know.

fishing with the fam has a new favorite as of 00:37 on Apr 12, 2016

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Well...it's not inaccurate...

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
That is definitely their child.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

The picture for Episode IV is actually from Episode VI!
:goonsay:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Pops Mgee posted:

The picture for Episode IV is actually from Episode VI!
:goonsay:

How easily we are snared. Let this be a lesson to ye.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Al Lewis was a sweetheart, and doesn't deserve being compared to that monster.

Hell, actual Dracula wouldn't even deserve it!

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

And yet, at least in women's curling, the competitors are generally a few standard deviations above normal for "hot".
I have a video that proves that claim and is also funny enough to stand on its own in the funny thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAtBVRFD_Zg

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Eh, Philippe! Thees ees no so bad, oui?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Another cool thing about golf is there is sometimes a co sessions cart that will bring food and beer/liquor to you. It's goddamned hard though. Hitting a small stationary object straight is loving ridiculously hard.

So don't play for winning, don't keep score. Except poo poo you hit inadvertently. So far my score is 3 houses and a car. A car that was traveling towards me, and somehow managed to hit the side of it. loving banana shot.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
"It was self defense, your honor."

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"IM PROUD SAIYAN WARRIOR MOM GEEZ"

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Three seconds on Tumblr and he'll be posting 'I self-identify as a Semi-HUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

GWBBQ posted:

I have a video that proves that claim and is also funny enough to stand on its own in the funny thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAtBVRFD_Zg

How did this happen.

• Locked thread