Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Visidan posted:

These are the final few who made it through the first 3 jumping puzzles in our guild hall after the others were eliminated!

Winners were:

Lonk 1st place, wins Howl, and three rage precursors.
Kerrzhe Sunbranch 2nd place, wins two rage precursors
Tacitus Dogballz: 3rd place, wins Candice DeBébé's Incredibly Trick Lifestyle http://store.steampowered.com/app/453790

Chello wins the fuckup award for dying before we even started the first puzzle, 20 gold.
Super Rad and Dreggon win both the cheaters and clever awards for use of portals.

Thanks for coming guys!

This was fun, cheers buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i like the bit where i cheated repeatedly

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Thanks to all the kind goons that drug my rear end through guild missions last night, I learned a thing.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

PathAsc posted:

Thanks to all the kind goons that drug my rear end through guild missions last night, I learned a thing.

I still don't believe this chicken hole shortcut

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I clicked a chicken hole, it was good fun.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

http://i.imgur.com/JJ3KhRv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4hHuLoL.jpg

These are the final few who made it through the first 3 jumping puzzles in our guild hall after the others were eliminated!

Winners were:

Lonk 1st place, wins Howl, and three rage precursors.
Kerrzhe Sunbranch 2nd place, wins two rage precursors
Tacitus Dogballz: 3rd place, wins Candice DeBébé's Incredibly Trick Lifestyle http://store.steampowered.com/app/453790

Chello wins the fuckup award for dying before we even started the first puzzle, 20 gold.
Super Rad and Dreggon win both the cheaters and clever awards for use of portals.

Thanks for coming guys!

Congrats Tacitus on the real first place prize, you earned it buddy.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Visidan posted:

I would rather eat glass than play this game. And not smooth glass, not candy glass, but freshly shattered, tempered house window glass.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Sole.Sushi posted:

I would rather eat glass than play this game. And not smooth glass, not candy glass, but freshly shattered, tempered house window glass.

But enough about Guild Wars 2...

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Sole.Sushi posted:

It's got some good reviews tho

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Visidan posted:

It's got some good reviews tho

Lots of garbage games on Steam get good reviews. Your Mom, for example.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

If my gf and I are about to hit 80 and we're still having a bunch of fun with this game, is it worth buying the expansion

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Probably a good idea if y'all are still having a ton of fun with it. I actually bought the expansion (going straight from a free account) yesterday but I'm still not a very high level so I can't speak for the content it adds. However, I became determined to reach the endgame content as soon as I heard that reaching level 80 gets you the privilege of A Glider. And it looks like you can only get Glider Mastery in the expansion area. (I doubt this would actually sell the expansion for anyone except me, though, unless you really want to jump off of the highest point in the map and fly around for hours.)

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Electric Lady posted:

unless you really want to jump off of the highest point in the map and fly around for hours.)

This appeals to us an enormous amount so I guess that answers the question

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

So I've just started playing this and it looks cool and good. Are both the goon guilds still running and have active people in them?

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Miftan posted:

So I've just started playing this and it looks cool and good. Are both the goon guilds still running and have active people in them?

Yes and yes.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Jia posted:

If my gf and I are about to hit 80 and we're still having a bunch of fun with this game, is it worth buying the expansion

The patch that will supposedly fix many of HoT's issues will be coming in a week.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Electric Lady posted:

Probably a good idea if y'all are still having a ton of fun with it. I actually bought the expansion (going straight from a free account) yesterday but I'm still not a very high level so I can't speak for the content it adds. However, I became determined to reach the endgame content as soon as I heard that reaching level 80 gets you the privilege of A Glider. And it looks like you can only get Glider Mastery in the expansion area. (I doubt this would actually sell the expansion for anyone except me, though, unless you really want to jump off of the highest point in the map and fly around for hours.)

FYI, apparently Free-to-play accounts can preview glider use in any Guild Hall. Not sure if you have to be level 80 though.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Jia posted:

This appeals to us an enormous amount so I guess that answers the question

They also added a load of jumppads around the world so you can get some mad airtime in a whole bunch of places.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Mizuti posted:

The patch that will supposedly fix many of HoT's issues will be coming in a week.

Oh yeah, do we have any details on this yet?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh yeah, do we have any details on this yet?

quote:

- Fixed bug that allowed Super Adventure Box to be accessible

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Hey, whose idea was it to make each furniture coin exchange require a confirmation? I'm sitting on like 70+ right now, and it's a huge rear end pain to click through all that.

Then again, everything is going to be a big rear end pain soon enough. I'm going to once again dip my toes into ascended crafting. I need to get weaponsmith up to 500 for some future poo poo. Maybe an ascended GS for my warrior and an ascended hammer for my guardian.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

S-s-s-senpai n-n-n-n-no

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

oh yeah, how long is SAB here for? I'm not playing GW2 really at the moment but I'd hate to let it come and go without finally experiencing it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Eltoasto posted:

oh yeah, how long is SAB here for? I'm not playing GW2 really at the moment but I'd hate to let it come and go without finally experiencing it.

Til the 19th

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Here's to hoping that since Tuesdays seem to be their big news days that tomorrow (or more likely when they actually show it off on their stream Friday) we get some real concrete details about this quarter's patch. It seems strange to me that we're probably really close to it and haven't been given anything besides vague statements about improving heart of thorns zones and that every quarterly patch has significant balance changes.

I did see a few people saying the quarterly patch will be on the 19th or 20th right after the super adventure festival thing ends.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Here's to hoping that since Tuesdays seem to be their big news days that tomorrow (or more likely when they actually show it off on their stream Friday) we get some real concrete details about this quarter's patch. It seems strange to me that we're probably really close to it and haven't been given anything besides vague statements about improving heart of thorns zones and that every quarterly patch has significant balance changes.

Arenanet's never been big on talking precise details up until the patch notes go up. I wouldn't count on it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe they'll do like Tripwire used to do and release the patch and go "oh you scamps can figure out what we did' :iamafag:

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender

Be careful out there, everyone.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

rawr

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Hasaple posted:

I wonder how long this guy was doing this. I saw him doing the same thing to Pickelhaube yesterday, followed shortly by pursuing other charr around the SAB hub.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Hasaple posted:

Yo this exact same thing happened to me during Wintersday. Where do I sign up for the support group.

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender

AnacondaHL posted:

Yo this exact same thing happened to me during Wintersday. Where do I sign up for the support group.

Come to the bar in the Black Citadel, we can RP our troubles away.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Hasaple posted:

Careful, you're going to titillate Tacitus.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
poo poo, every weaponcraft costs like 100g to get to 500. I'm sure I half-assed like 20 levels in one or two of them by now. I need to get to 450 in at least one of them asap so I can start doing daily deldrimore and spirit wood.

Hey how do you get those blue shard things now a days? I have a gently caress ton of dragonite ore and bloodstone dust, but I have like none of those.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Hey how do you get those blue shard things now a days? I have a gently caress ton of dragonite ore and bloodstone dust, but I have like none of those.

What blue shard things? Vision crystals?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CLAM DOWN posted:

What blue shard things? Vision crystals?

Empyreal fragments, I had to go look it up because I didn't know how to spell it.

I think they're typically dropped in dungeons now? That's just fantastic when no one runs them still.

Edit:
I have enough stuff for 2 vision stones, meaning my greatsword and hammer plan can still go through. I'll need like 140-ish gold to get them both. I have about that much right now, so I should be set I guess.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

I think they're typically dropped in dungeons now? That's just fantastic when no one runs them still

Chests, dungeons, and guild missions.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Chests, dungeons, and guild missions.

Oh, so jumping puzzles work then? That'll make things easier on me, thanks!

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
Also if you have the Ley-Energy Matter Converter, you can get a bag of 50 empyreal fragments on most days. It has 3 vendor tabs that could have it as one of the items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Sprite141 posted:

Oh, so jumping puzzles work then? That'll make things easier on me, thanks!

Yeah, I spent a whole night doing JPs and my Star of Gratitude ate well for a week.

• Locked thread