Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

dordreff posted:

Vivi was at sea with the strawhats between the previous reverie and the upcoming one, and Kidd making new log poses would not help them find somewhere that does not show up on the log pose.

It's his raw.... animal magnetism that helps him find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
When Luffy and co. end up attacking Mariejois (the D clan stuff on Dressrosa and whatever's on Raftel will definitely implicate Mariejois and the Celestial Dragons directly I think), will we finally see the Gorosei fight? I can't imagine them not being Haki-users or something strong to be able to intimidate Akainu of all people.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
one of them is covered in scars and carries a sword iirc so i hope they can fight

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Jose posted:

one of them is covered in scars and carries a sword iirc so i hope they can fight

He's a gender-swapped Kuina fresh from an unfortunate stair incident.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Aged by Bonney, of course.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
actually mihawk is kunia after iva picked her up from deaths door cause he felt bad for her and gender swapped her and thats zoros OTP

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

drjuggalo posted:

actually mihawk is kunia after iva picked her up from deaths door cause he felt bad for her and gender swapped her and thats zoros OTP

"be carful kunia i mean mihawk" zorro breathed breathelessly "you'll put my eye out with that thing"

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So official translations are out online, no missing pieces from the magical climatact, usopp was merely lost a little on "make it a magic wand." But what nami has is possibly her final weapon.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

So official translations are out online, no missing pieces from the magical climatact, usopp was merely lost a little on "make it a magic wand." But what nami has is possibly her final weapon.

Okay, that makes more sense. But yeah, I'd be surprised if Nami got another upgrade after this.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DizzyBum posted:

Okay, that makes more sense. But yeah, I'd be surprised if Nami got another upgrade after this.

Nami and Robin are always getting upgrades. It's a question as to whether or not Franky is more human than they are now.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Here's to hoping team Luffy bumps into Jinbei

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
This guarantees she gets at least one more good fight, which I'm totally fine with. Three big, but really good fights over the series is a dream Robin can only wish for.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Advice posted:

This guarantees she gets at least one more good fight, which I'm totally fine with. Three big, but really good fights over the series is a dream Robin can only wish for.

Yeah, I guess Robin will have to settle for revealing the secrets of the world and the lost history of the Void Century. Oh well!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

dazoner posted:

I think this is a given. I hope at least, didn't Jinbei say he owed big mom? This would be the perfect opportunity to bring him back, last time we saw him he was floating around in a boat.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I think that's kind of the weird thing about it. I want to see all the strawhats excel at their specialties.. not really a series of tournament fights. It'd be neat to see Nami do some clutch extremely complicated orienteering, or busting out a sextant and explaining some cool celestial navigation stuff.. but in the end I guess it's a shonen series... so Nami gets a magic cloud stick. :ghost:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

I think this is a given. I hope at least, didn't Jinbei say he owed big mom? This would be the perfect opportunity to bring him back, last time we saw him he was floating around in a boat.

I don't remember the specifics of it, but yea jimbei was heading to big mom. I think he was gonna break ties with her or something? seems like a guarantee that he'll meet up with luffy's team along the way to rescue sanji

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
Suddenly Jinbeis cover page arc makes sense. When they ask why he's just getting there despite a massive head start, he's got excuses

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

deep space nein posted:

Suddenly Jinbeis cover page arc makes sense. When they ask why he's just getting there despite a massive head start, he's got excuses

Hasn't it only been like 2 weeks in-universe since they left Fishman Island, though?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Crazyeyes posted:

Hasn't it only been like 2 weeks in-universe since they left Fishman Island, though?

I believe the time between Dressrosa and Zou was explicitly two weeks. I think Punk Hazard to Dressrosa was only a day or two, because of the way they found out about Doflamingo's "resignation" from the morning paper. Fishman Island to Punk Hazard seemed to be less than a day, but I don't think there was an explicit statement.

So a little over two weeks.

Travel time between islands (and time spent partying, recovering, etc.) is actually a lot more explicit now than it was prior to the time skip. I think Oda's response to a SBS question about Cody's growth spurt implied that the pre-skip storyline took place over the course of 3 months or so.

Edit: I just realized I was only including travel time. I think they spent less than a full day on Punk Hazard, but spent a few days recovering on Dressrosa. So about 3 weeks total?

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 12, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

dazoner posted:

Considering Jimbei's ties with Big Mom, it's actually pretty likely Luffy might run into him on Whole Cake island.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Pedro's reaction to Luffy throwing them all off the elephant is incredible. Here's this guy that has some idea about group dynamics and what's considered normal. A simple decent, no problem. Then next second he's in the air with who knows what kind of thoughts racing through his head. Enemy attack? Betrayal? An accident?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mink cat lord is like Jimbei only not terrible. If they need a giant Grimace shaped animal person on the team they should go with him. He can even have a badass pirate hook hand.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Radish posted:

Mink cat lord is like Jimbei only not terrible.
shut the gently caress up

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Jimbei is cool but why does everyone pretend to love him so much cos he summoned happy whales once? That only means happy whales are :krad:.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
We like Jinbei because he's a cool character with a cool design and many cool powers. It would also be nice to have a non-human (Chopper excluded) crew member, and Jinbei could add a lot of dynamic to water fights. I also think he's pretty funny as a not-so-straight straight man.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

sharktamer posted:

Jimbei is cool but why does everyone pretend to love him so much cos he summoned happy whales once? That only means happy whales are :krad:.

You know, as a fellow shark tamer (Jinbe summoned whale sharks) I figured you'd be more understanding.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Can Jimbei summon eye whales?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like jimbei

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

jinbei rules

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
Is it Jinbei or Jimbei?

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

GoldenPrice posted:

Is it Jinbei or Jimbei?

Yes

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Jinbei is a cool dude

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Space-Bird posted:

I think that's kind of the weird thing about it. I want to see all the strawhats excel at their specialties.. not really a series of tournament fights. It'd be neat to see Nami do some clutch extremely complicated orienteering, or busting out a sextant and explaining some cool celestial navigation stuff.. but in the end I guess it's a shonen series... so Nami gets a magic cloud stick. :ghost:

Nami using her weather and navigational skills in some epic chase would be the most appropriate final fight for her that make use of her skills.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

GoldenPrice posted:

Is it Jinbei or Jimbei?

jimnbei

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

GoldenPrice posted:

Is it Jinbei or Jimbei?

Jiんbei

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Nami using her weather and navigational skills in some epic chase would be the most appropriate final fight for her that make use of her skills.

To find Raftel Robin will have to decipher all the clues but I'm sure Nami will have to do some brilliant navigating. Whether either of them have a decent fight again is secondary to the fact that without them the story would just be 'crew of strong guys wander aimlessly until they die of old age'

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
jinbe

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

GoldenPrice posted:

Is it Jinbei or Jimbei?

ジンベエ

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

You know, as a fellow shark tamer (Jinbe summoned whale sharks) I figured you'd be more understanding.

He's jealous of Jinbe's shark taming swagga :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jimmy Bay is a cool guy and I hope he shows up again soon.

Like maybe Luffy and co. run into him on the way to Whole Cake Island.