Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I really love the hub world, its so pretty. The five thrones are really ominous and cool looking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

"I may be small, but I will die a colossus" Nearly teared up when I heard this. This is an inspiration to manlets everywhere

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my son xXDONGMANXx

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i thought it was interesting how the second boss is "hey what if demon of song was actually really awesome?" and the third boss is "hey what if pinwheel was really awesome?"

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i thought it was interesting how the second boss is "hey what if demon of song was actually really awesome?" and the third boss is "hey what if pinwheel was really awesome?"

im not sure if the tree boss is awesomw

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

apropos to nothing posted:

welp, its the best game ever made

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

love my big beautiful boy

I couldn't customise my character's appearance because the character creation menu wouldn't update how he looked when I picked stuff lol. I wanted to be Waluigi

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

net cafe scandal posted:

"I may be small, but I will die a colossus" Nearly teared up when I heard this. This is an inspiration to manlets everywhere

That dude's really cool. Once you beat Watchers of the Abyss, he starts getting really stoked about the fact that you're getting closer and closer to tossing him into the flame.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
merely knowing that i will be able to play dark souls 3 when i get home makes my heart writhe

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

yeah

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

where is the sunbro covenant lol. i know its somewhere in undead settlement but ive sweeped everything -_-

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

where is the sunbro covenant lol. i know its somewhere in undead settlement but ive sweeped everything -_-

You know that hallway with the caged undead and that red-eyed dude? IIRC somewhere around there, there's a hole you can drop down and it'll be on a dead body in there?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Gundyr is the coolest first boss in any souls game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Those enemies that squall and blow up into the monster from Princess Mononoke are wild

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

SunAndSpring posted:

You know that hallway with the caged undead and that red-eyed dude? IIRC somewhere around there, there's a hole you can drop down and it'll be on a dead body in there?

How do you let that guy out

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the amazon delivery guy just pulled into the neighborhood and dropped his stuff off and then left. so cruel...

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

in the center square where you first fight the nun enemy go to the left (if youre coming from the first bonfire) inside a dark room there will be some crates to your right and a hole behind them, drop down for some soup and sunbro

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

third boss is some drat fine co-op souls btw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

thanks guys, i found it and the soup

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

third boss is some drat fine co-op souls btw

yes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there are so many old friends from dark souls 1 in this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

heavy stones are back baby! you can make anything a strength weapon! lmao you are loving retarded if you dont like this game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Found the cell key and talked to Greirat. He gave me a ring and poofed into ash.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

Found the cell key and talked to Greirat. He gave me a ring and poofed into ash.

when people poof theyre actually going to firelink and you can find them there as a new vendor/npc

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bobnumerotres posted:

when people poof theyre actually going to firelink and you can find them there as a new vendor/npc

Congratulations to Dark Souls 3 on winning Game of the Year.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

jjust got it, i'm patching nd running around wooting like a howler monkey

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

those uh, tall things in the swamp are probably the worst enemy in any souls game ever

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

the amazon delivery guy just pulled into the neighborhood and dropped his stuff off and then left. so cruel...

Hes going home early to play your copy of Dark Souls 3

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
These bosses are amazing. Not a bad one yet.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Gathering/Rescuing people and bringing them back to your hub was one of my favorite things about souls games that II didn't have, and it's back in a big way baby

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it was in dark souls 2, except you just kind of ran into them, and then you had to select the talk option 5 times to make sure they warped back when you werent looking lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Buy a torch and keep a close eye on the coming and going of Firelink. That's my advice. The torch is great in this game I've found so much stuff I would have missed otherwise

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Bobnumerotres posted:

those uh, tall things in the swamp are probably the worst enemy in any souls game ever

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Couple of cool new QoL things I noticed:

-If you do a running jump that only moves horizontal (ie you dont fall during it), let go of the control stick before your feet hit the ground and you won't roll

-Under settings -> Sound and display, the HUD is set to On by default. If you set it to Auto, it works pretty intelligently in hiding and showing individual pieces of the HUD, like if you're sprinting and not in combat, only the stamina bar will appear, etc

I got the Lothric Knight chest piece and it looks awesome. Quality cape physics

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
holy poo poo a mimic

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

net cafe scandal posted:

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

beepstreet posted:

Couple of cool new QoL things I noticed:

-If you do a running jump that only moves horizontal (ie you dont fall during it), let go of the control stick before your feet hit the ground and you won't roll

-Under settings -> Sound and display, the HUD is set to On by default. If you set it to Auto, it works pretty intelligently in hiding and showing individual pieces of the HUD, like if you're sprinting and not in combat, only the stamina bar will appear, etc

I got the Lothric Knight chest piece and it looks awesome. Quality cape physics

if you're running and hit R2 it does a leap attack

• Locked thread