Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

hatty posted:

Didn't crunchyroll and Viz already use the name Pet Shop? I'm so confused

The loving Capcom game had Pet Shop's name as Pet Shop and Polnareff's name was the same and they loving did goony rear end name changes like Vanilla Ice to ICED.

Which is still better than Cool Ice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CodfishCartographer posted:

I'm still holding out the faint glimmer of hope that English EoH will have local coop. That's all I want.

it won't

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Moltrey posted:

Diego whipping his head around after eating rocks, mocking Johnny for NOT eating rocks and then trying to find like a cup or something on the counter but can't cause it's not moving is the hardest I've laughed at JoJo

It's so funny how he clearly doesn't know what's happening and he's trying to play it off as if everything's normal and fine. Imagine blacking out and then coming to to realize there's a half-eaten bear corpse next to you and you're in the middle of swallowing rocks.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Funky Valentine posted:

Part 9 takes us 2000 years into the past, where we find Joey Jojo of Nazareth building a house with his Stand, Leper Messiah...

Actually, his stand is All You Need Is Love.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My nam is (u dont need to remember), Simon ben Jonah, age 15, the past month to me, is only fishing. t he beginning of tax season brings really exciting and worrying days

till i met this 1 very special guy...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

looking forward to my friend 100% horse

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
I'm reading through Part 6 for the first time, I just finished the Dragon's Dream fight, man that is a fight that I can't wait to see animated, but sweet mercy that is not a way that leg bones should ever look ever again.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

hoobajoo posted:

Yo, that looks amazing. I've wanted to get a JoJo mat for a long time, but couldn't find a picture I really liked; might just steal yours. As flawed as a lot of Stone Ocean is, my favorite gang is the Ora Is The New Black girls.

And I see that's a Reliquary Tower, so if my guess is right, you should post in the MtG Commander thread! Which is a garbage thread, but still.

I don't play commander, I've just got a really dumb modern gimmick deck that uses them in. In that picture were the 13 2/2 zombie tokens I summoned on turn 3 to gently caress with my friends.

if you want the exact image I used (which came out super great, but was a bit of a pain to crop and resize correctly) you can save it from here!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Aquasnake posted:

I'm reading through Part 6 for the first time, I just finished the Dragon's Dream fight, man that is a fight that I can't wait to see animated, but sweet mercy that is not a way that leg bones should ever look ever again.

I'd like to see that fight animated just so I can figure what the heck is going on in it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I just noticed today that ADTRW's description has been changed to "Altruistic Duwang Teenagers Right Wrongs."

bless you bad seafood

e: also since we were just talking about Scary Monsters, that volume has been recently colored and put up on Batoto/JJCA if anyone wants to do some good ol DInO re-reading

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 12, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That should pull double duty as the anime thread title too

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Let's all appreciate dino brando

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lmao Diego is the loving best

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
god, i forgot there's a part during Scary Monsters where Gyro has to explain what dinosaurs are to Johnny cause it's the 1890's and Johnny's from Kentucky and doesn't know what the gently caress Diego just turned into

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All DIOs are perfect beings.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Josuke Higashikata posted:

All DIOs are perfect beings.

Dio Brando, DIO, Giorno, Diego.

It checks out.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Dio Brando, DIO, Giorno, Diego.

It checks out.

Don't forget alternate Diego and Over Heaven Dio.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Shukaro posted:

Let's all appreciate dino brando

Johnny's face is what really sells this.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johnny is definitely the king of "what the gently caress is he talking about?" when it comes to JoJo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Johnny is the Jojo of SBR, but he's also kinda the Koichi.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

And Gyro is every good JoBro in one.

Because Gyro is the best JoBro.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

こんにちは荒木飛呂彦、

あなたがこれを読んでいる場合は、この記事では、私が見つけたか、私たちの歌やアルバムのタイトルを流用含む、と自分自身が関与見つけるためにどうすべき任意の音楽グループの後にスタンドを指定することができ、私の書面による許可と確認応答が含まれています。私はあなたが私に何のロイヤリティを借りていないよ、あなたを訴えるないだろう、と私は火とそれについての悪臭を高めるためにしようとする弁護士の私は疑いの多数のものに置き換えられます。

敬具
悪いシーフード料理

"Hello Araki Hirohiko,

In case you are reading, in this article, I may have found, I have managed to appoint a stand behind a voluntary musical group, what should they do to find themselves involved like 'contains appropriation of our songs and album titles', approval and affirmative reply due to my document are contained. I am you have not borrowed any royalties from me, 'I will probably not to sue you', I say as I, an attorney attempting to for the sake of improving fire and the stench concerning it, am replaced by numerous doubts.

Sincerely,
Evil Seafood Cuisine"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Reading Pt6, I think I may have found a plot hole. Or at least something that's not explained.

DIO's bone, the one the Green Baby is born from: Surely that's not DIO's bone, it's Jonathan's?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Reading Pt6, I think I may have found a plot hole. Or at least something that's not explained.

DIO's bone, the one the Green Baby is born from: Surely that's not DIO's bone, it's Jonathan's?

Part Five makes it pretty clear that Jonathan's bone produces DIO's kids.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The Sandman posted:

:allears:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
mWasn't the fusion of Whitesnake and the Green Child the reason Pucci and Weather got the Joestar birthmark? At this point Dio and Jonathan are pretty much considered the same.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that body has been dio's ever since phantom blood ended, and for all intents and purposes the story treats it as dio's. he also happens to have inserted himself into the bloodline because of that.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

The Sandman posted:

:downsrim:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Moltrey posted:

I just noticed today that ADTRW's description has been changed to "Altruistic Duwang Teenagers Right Wrongs."

bless you bad seafood

e: also since we were just talking about Scary Monsters, that volume has been recently colored and put up on Batoto/JJCA if anyone wants to do some good ol DInO re-reading
It's been that way since sometime in March. Only one person, to my knowledge, noticed it before April.

Back when we voted on whether to keep VEGETA or go back to ADTRW, I said I'd change it periodically but wouldn't say when or announce when I did it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm getting flashbacks to when people were adamant that there was no reason for someone to be mildly uncomfortable with the alessi fight

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm getting flashbacks to when people were adamant that there was no reason for someone to be mildly uncomfortable with the alessi fight

I could be wrong but I don't think anyone implied Araki was a pedophile that time.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I could be wrong but I don't think anyone implied Araki was a pedophile that time.

to be real though, it was like a hop, skip and a jump away from moving towards that topic

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

wait, i actually never considered that maybe araki just can't draw in the style that he used to. i just assumed that he wouldn't want to, because in this day and age it kind of looks bad and doesn't gel well with the overall style established in parts 7 and 8 at the very least. skinny star platinum is amazing, in any case.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Johnny Joestar posted:

wait, i actually never considered that maybe araki just can't draw in the style that he used to. i just assumed that he wouldn't want to, because in this day and age it kind of looks bad and doesn't gel well with the overall style established in parts 7 and 8 at the very least. skinny star platinum is amazing, in any case.

It's an Artist Thing, apparently. I have a couple of artist friends and they talk about the same thing happening, and it's gonna get even harder or more pronounced when the old style is decades old.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah, Jojo's literal decades old, so I can understand him not being able to recreate his old style. I'd say the new drawings are more a testament that he isn't very good at drawing different body types, though.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Mxz-Ar6ow&nohtml5=False

third time watching this video!

:suicide:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Mods please change my name and av to Phil Platinum

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

How can you not recognize your great-grandson, Jonathan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Nation
Nov 25, 2012

I have recently embraced the greatness that is JoJo. Is it weird that I find sex pistols adorable?