Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I tried to make Waluigi like I did in Bloodborne, but it didn't turn out anywhere near as well as it did in that game. Also, whats with the hair colors? I had to triple the RGB values to get something that wasn't just slightly-tinted almost black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Steve2911 posted:

What's this poo poo I heard about the early game being really easy? The first post-tutorial area is at least as hard as all of the other starting areas. I'm getting my arse kicked.

I was having a hell of a time until I realize you can blitz Baby Manus and stab him before he changes.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Steve2911 posted:

What's this poo poo I heard about the early game being really easy? The first post-tutorial area is at least as hard as all of the other starting areas. I'm getting my arse kicked.

Hug his butt and nail his taint.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

I agree, the High Wall of Lothric brings out the knives in a hurry. None of its tricks are particularly new, but they're constantly being remixed at you and none of the areas really give you a chance to breathe.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
I had a rough time in High Wall until I realized I was heading in the wrong direction right at the start. Undead Settlement has been fairly easy with a better weapon plus co-opping like mad because it's fun.

Nothing Great
Apr 3, 2011

I'm running it on an ancient Radeon 5770 and a 3.4ghz Phenom 965. High textures, everything that can be turned off is off, medium everything else and in a tiny window. Got to the swamp area last night, so far haven't had any crashes. Hopefully it'll stay at a playable framerate, it has chugged a bit here and there but nothing game-killing. Maybe I'm just used to having a crap computer.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Steve2911 posted:

I'd say Lothric is harder than any of the other starting areas. Lothric knights make Baldur knights look like chumps.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Harrow posted:

If one were to use CheatEngine to rename one's character (that was possible in DS2, at least), would that be seriously risking a softban?

Nobody knoooows~

I would wait at least two weeks.

Ometeotl posted:

I tried to make Waluigi like I did in Bloodborne, but it didn't turn out anywhere near as well as it did in that game. Also, whats with the hair colors? I had to triple the RGB values to get something that wasn't just slightly-tinted almost black.

It is utterly impossible to make anything that requires a blend of colors. It's quite bad, and I would not expect it to be fixed.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

The people saying that are all very familiar with the series and have gotten good over time. I can't think of anything as rough as the snake pricks in any of the other opening areas, they might not be able to hit behind themselves very well but good luck figuring out which direction "behind them" is.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

So are the knights in front of the Vordt of the Boreal Valley supposed to be tanky or should I look into upgrading my weaponry? It takes quite a few hits (10-15) to kill one unless I get lucky with parries and they hit like a motherfucker.

Also what's with the blue knight with glowing eyes? What does that signify other than he's a bigger meaner rear end in a top hat in a group of big mean assholes?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Internet Kraken posted:

I'd say Lothric is harder than any of the other starting areas. Lothric knights make Baldur knights look like chumps.

Yeah they're pretty brutal especially compared to all the other enemies in that zone just kind of flailing at you a bit.

Weapon spoiler: does anything come even close to a raw Astora straight sword for low-stat damage output?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I find it really difficult to measure the difficulty in souls games since I'm so much better at them now than I was when Dark souls 1 was released.

This game is probably harder than the other ones but I'm still breezing through it with no problem. I guess that's what hundreds of hours of souls experience does for you.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah, holy poo poo because those fuckers do not let the pressure up. Baldur Knights were relatively relaxing and easy to fight against. Lothric knights are just a never ending stream of pain and outright force you to step up your game.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Danger posted:

I had a rough time in High Wall until I realized I was heading in the wrong direction right at the start. Undead Settlement has been fairly easy with a better weapon plus co-opping like mad because it's fun.

Anything in any Souls game is easy if you co-op it. I really can't imagine why anyone would co-op without doing it themselves first

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Andrast posted:

I find it really difficult to measure the difficulty in souls games since I'm so much better at them now than I was when Dark souls 1 was released.

This game is probably harder than the other ones but I'm still breezing through it with no problem. I guess that's what hundreds of hours of souls experience does for you.

Consider me impressed.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Woop! Not only did I manage to get rid of the dark sigil, but I fixed the crashing at bonfires problem!

I poo poo you not, the solution to the bonfire crashes is to wear a helmet that covers your entire face.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

net cafe scandal posted:

Probably has something to do with your 8000 dollar graphic card

I'm using a 550 TI and running the game at minimum settings at 800x600 with no issues other than playing the PS2 version of this game. If you really want to run the game without crashing then turn off your settings. This isn't rocket science.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I'm using a 550 TI and running the game at minimum settings at 800x600 with no issues other than playing the PS2 version of this game. If you really want to run the game without crashing then turn off your settings. This isn't rocket science.

I dont know why your telling me this, I got that buttery 60fps on a mid tier gfx card

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Game is beautiful on my 980ti

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

Cultisto posted:

Did they really remove the ability to use multiple souls at once or am I just missing how to do it? I had been ignoring them until after about 3 hours of playing last night and had to go into my item menu about 17 times to use every little soul I had collected, it was a godsend in DS2.

You can also just sell them now and not deal with the animation.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Megasabin posted:

Anything in any Souls game is easy if you co-op it. I really can't imagine why anyone would co-op without doing it themselves first

I can't imagine not wanting to coop the game the first time. That seems pretty stupid to me.

Dark souls: coop game.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Eonwe posted:

Game is beautiful on my 980ti

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I dont know why your telling me this, I got that buttery 60fps on a mid tier gfx card

Then why'd you tell the guy it was because of his expensive video card?

Also, for reference, my DS3 experience:

It's cinematic

Using a TV for my computer moniter is paying off in spades :smug:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just shot an arrow at the katana man and he fell off the cliff chasing me

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It's cinematic

My card has nothing to do with his luxury experience Punk rear end

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Frankston posted:

I just shot an arrow at the katana man and he fell off the cliff chasing me

This is not the proper way to dispatch the Master.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

It's cinematic

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

My card has nothing to do with his luxury experience Punk rear end

Then why'd you bring it up?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Megasabin posted:

Co-opping is fun as hell. Usually I lay my sign down first before doing it in my own world to get a feel for it, bonus in helping others; then go at it myself.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
High fire resistance shield: anyone find one yet, and if so where?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Then why'd you bring it up?

Get checked for blood clots in your brain dude.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

This is not the proper way to dispatch the Master.

Well I am the master now :smug:

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Ive just found a new hobby in life. Leading unsuspecting helping summons to their death in the dancer of valley room. Mohahahah.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Hey you guys having trouble with crashes and poo poo, you need to learn how to be luckier :smuggo:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Frankston posted:

Well I am the master now :smug:

Lets see what the Lothric Knights have to say about that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I decided that finesse was for the birds and now I'm using my good old DS1 mainstay the club. Just found the reinforced version that has natural bleed too. :getin:
Also apparently I have enough poise (I guess?) that my roll will stagger normal enemies and knock them out of attacks, is this a new thing? I don't remember it happening in 1 or 2 at least.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 12, 2016

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

The best loving sword.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meDi3GlX-6I
:black101:

Whatever, gently caress phone posting, click the video.

Grem fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 12, 2016

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Cactus posted:

Hey you guys having trouble with crashes and poo poo, you need to learn how to be luckier :smuggo:

But they need to keep the game running long enough to reach the level up lady to improve that stat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Sakurazuka posted:

I decided that finesse was for the birds and now I'm using my good old DS1 mainstay the club. Just found the reinforced version that has natural bleed too. :getin:

All hail the holy nail bat! Best weapon of DS1.