Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

poty posted:

I agree with 1500quidporsche he's clearly saying that the engine is less powerful

Stop instigating.

Seriously, when I get home tonight I will make a MS paint drawing that will clearly illustrate what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

it should not be difficult to understand that a bad engine can become better and yet still require more progress. saying they need more top end power doesn't mean they have less, it just means they need more yet.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have come to the conclusion that the engine may or may not be more powerful than last year.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Wicka I'm fully on your side in spirit but it's clear that it's not what he's saying. Please read the article again

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Stop instigating.

Seriously, when I get home tonight I will make a MS paint drawing that will clearly illustrate what I'm saying.

i don't care about your drawings. i care about what written in an article you did not read.

you ask why everything has to be a debate with me. it has nothing to do with me. it is exclusively your fault.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

poty posted:

Wicka I'm fully on your side in spirit but it's clear that it's not what he's saying. Please read the article again

what do you think he's saying, then?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Honda engine = bad

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's a poorly-worded article imo, and it isn't clear if he's referring to the ICE component when he says "almost at the point last year".

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Mclaren = worse

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Honda can win again, I'm not sure about McLaren.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

equivalent means "as good/powerful as" and almost means "very nearly"

You have intimidated 1500quidporsche into retreating and I'm sure you will attack me but you can't silence the truth

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

It's a poorly-worded article imo, and it isn't clear if he's referring to the ICE component when he says "almost at the point last year".

I'm almost certain something was lost in translation and he's referencing the power band of the ICE, that turbo last year was horrible and everyone said they were using all the ERS smoothing out the torque. If you fixed that it's free power.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

equivalent means the same. it can be 1hp less powerful or 1hp more powerful than last year; in both situations it would be almost equivalent. considering nothing he says suggests the engine has regressed, obviously it's slightly more powerful.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm not intimidated by Wicka I just wish he would meet in a middle ground instead of doubling down. I'm not saying by any measure that engine is worse than last year but he keeps assuming that's what I'm saying.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm almost certain something was lost in translation and he's referencing the power band of the ICE, that turbo last year was horrible and everyone said they were using all the ERS smoothing out the torque. If you fixed that it's free power.

this power band poo poo is entirely your invention. he says nothing of the sort. you are just making grand assumptions.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

there is no middle ground until you realize that this post:

1500quidporsche posted:

So according to autosport Hasegawa is saying the Honda unit is actually producing fractionally less power compared to the end of last year.

is directly contradicted by the article.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I wish 1500quidporsche would stand up and defend his opinion, which is the correct one. If you let bullies take advantage of you they'll keep picking on you

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.topgear.com/car-news/formula-one/michael-schumachers-old-racer-auction#1

Give me some money for this hideous car.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

be nice wicka posted:

there is no middle ground until you realize that this post:

is directly contradicted by the article.

You got me. I should have specified peak power or horsepower. Are we done here?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That car is beautiful.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

You got me. I should have specified peak power or horsepower. Are we done here?

lol, no, because he still didn't say that. this is unreal right now.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I agree, I'm so disappointed

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

be nice wicka posted:

Please stop, you are literally raving like an obsessed autistic. It really is embarrassing. I mean holy poo poo this thread is currently worse than when its off season, and that is some feat.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

be nice wicka posted:

quote:

I think it's coming from the top-end speed, so we need more top-end speed - it's very clear.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Please stop, you are literally raving like an obsessed autistic. It really is embarrassing. I mean holy poo poo this thread is currently worse than when its off season, and that is some feat.

i cannot even begin to imagine the broken mindset you operate under if you're attacking me about this

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
As someone who's been having arguments with wicka for the past 10 years I gotta say: nobody wins

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

right - they need more top end speed. that doesn't mean they have less than before. that means they need more, period. the engine was poo poo last year. it needed to be improved in every single area. to suggest that it needs more top end speed in no way implies that it got worse. that idea was entirely fabricated by you.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

At least no one is arguing about semantics from quotes by someone who clearly has English as a second language.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

El Hefe posted:

As someone who's been having arguments with wicka for the past 10 years I gotta say: nobody wins

STOP SINGLING ME OUT. i am not the cause of this argument. it is a simple article and 1500quidporsche misread it. the fact that you blame me for this is childish and laughable.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I like you wicka, if we were to meet irl I'd give you a hug.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

be nice wicka posted:

i cannot even begin to imagine the broken mindset you operate under if you're attacking me about this

I am not attacking you, that is the difference, you seem to take offence at everything and any criticism tor differing opions to what you say you take unbelievably personal and will proceed to try and 'out argue' <insert opponent of the day here> until you are satisfied that everyone has got the message on how pedantic you are. I mean christ on a stick you are too much sometimes.

*EDIT* Here comes another probation im guessing.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 12, 2016

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I am not attacking you, that is the difference, you seem to take offence at everything and any criticism tor differing opions to what you say you take unbelievably personal and will proceed to try and 'out argue' <insert opponent of the day here> until you are satisfied that everyone has got the message on how pedantic you are. I mean christ on a stick you are too much sometimes.

you literally called me a raving autistic for suggesting we should read articles correctly

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

This thread is so full of Brit stodge sometimes it should be burnished and riveted.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

be nice wicka posted:

you literally called me a raving autistic for suggesting we should read articles correctly

That was not attacking you, you are incredibly thin skinned if you believe an adjective or two was an attack.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
From now on the only topics of discussion allowed in this thread are:

1-How awesome Haas are
2-Making fun of Lewis's social media pics

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

*EDIT* Here comes another probation im guessing.

If you get probated over this I'll but a Mansell AV in your honor.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
[img=http://s24.postimg.org/nuyjyvrn5/img117.jpg]

Here is the B186 that was barred from competition in 1987. Pirro was supposed to drive it, but I also found out Aguri Suzuki was linked to it too.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 12, 2016

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Human Grand Prix posted:

Here is the B186 that was barred from competition in 1987. Pirro was supposed to drive it, but I also found out Aguri Suzuki was linked to it too.

HGP I cant see that pic :(

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

HGP I cant see that pic :(

too bad because Claire Williams is sitting on top of the car in a bikini

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Why was in banned in 87? I don't remember the rule changes for that year.

• Locked thread