Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

BTw you can rebind the running leap to be like in DS1 if you like. I hate clicking on the stick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

choosing a weapon is so hard, i cant take it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

found Mildred

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the estoc has been a ton of fun and i really love the animations, but man... everything looks so good

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

I love this loving game i think it's really close in quality to the first. it owns bones

i've found a lot of synergy so far between the rapier and the shield that lets you use abilities one handed instead of parrying, so that's what i'm rolling with for now. rapier move set is a lot better this time around

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

heavy stones are back baby! you can make anything a strength weapon! lmao you are loving retarded if you dont like this game

I've been waiting my whole life for this game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ffirst death to uchigatana guy outside firelink. gundyr is epic

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

:siren: you can uninfuse weapons without reducing the upgrade level :siren:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

everything about the experience so far has been so great. strong enemies are really designed around the common strategies players would use, in DS1 the general strat for the whole game was "get behind it" and if you try that in this game youll learn everything has 2 or 3 counterattacks for this, if you stay in front enemies will play w/ your reflexes and use special attacks that force you to get moving.

it feels more like a world that is rly trying to kill you instead of a program you can outsmart. yes i was crying while i wrote this

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I feel like such a little bitch when Lothric Knights backhand me with the shield while Im fishing for a backstab lol.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lothric Knights have no chill 💧

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I can't loving wait to pick this up from Gamestop when I get home

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Lothric Knights have no chill 💧

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

I feel like such a little bitch when Lothric Knights backhand me with the shield while Im fishing for a backstab lol.

I'm like yo WTF when I'm doing a sick estoc combo and they suddenly stun me with a backhand

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

net cafe scandal posted:

This was cool and turns the Knights from minor timesinks to actual threats

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm the legion of games posters that won't shut up about their loving master PC specs. Just play the friggen dang game, heck

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I love how much the knights yell and grunt. Playing ds2 after bloodborne was weird cause everyone was so loving mute

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

those uh, tall things in the swamp are probably the worst enemy in any souls game ever

theyre giving me conniptions

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

net cafe scandal posted:

screeching like a frightened child when meeting a red-eye knight feel

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
first death wasnt until the fire demon mini boss that onion bro helps you with. one of his attacks knocked me off a cliff

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.
also the fat official gals with heat-seeking spiked clubs and the pyromancy "bear hug" have some of the coolest sound design in a souls monster.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I can't wait til I find a greatbow

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

if theres a tough enemy, theres usually at least two or three ways to use the environment around them. its a really incredibly designed game

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

apropos to nothing posted:

first death wasnt until the fire demon mini boss that onion bro helps you with. one of his attacks knocked me off a cliff

ive died a lot in every area because im reckless

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really don't like fighting the RE4 guys.

Dec 26, 2012

ive died a ton because ive been doing 100% ashen estus

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

01011001 posted:

Bold

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

I really don't like fighting the RE4 guys.

they are insane

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im honest to god stuck at the swamp. idk where the flames are gently caress lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I apparently missed all kinds of poo poo in Undead Settlement so I'm gonna take it slower

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i like the tree bioss that you kill by attacking its ball sack until an arm comes out of it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i like the tree bioss that you kill by attacking its ball sack until an arm comes out of it

You should attack the ball sack with your tongue and mouth

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
thatll have to wait until ng+

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

01011001 posted:

You can restore health from message votes. Let memes sustain your quest.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Watch out fellas, sometimes the game sets lighting back to max for no reason.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't tell the difference between how the game looks at Medium and High but high makes the forest lag alot

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres a ladder in the swamp that takes you to a high area and you can see the general direction of your objectives. genius

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

People complaining about the world not being fully interconnected are stupid. It's like every zone is multiple tightly interconnected areas with branching paths and loops back and high overviews. It's loving majestic

Larry Parrish posted:

I apparently missed all kinds of poo poo in Undead Settlement so I'm gonna take it slower

Every zone in the game is densely packed like that, it's crazy

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ya each zone is all of ds1 pretty much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

it took me a while to figure out that instead of just going from firelink i had to warp to the first area

• Locked thread