Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Count Uvula posted:

Perandus family members only appear in Merciless I believe, but it's luck. You could buy one from a pubby but they'll be really expensive.

I would rather not trust a random with anything he cant put in a trade window to be honest...

Do you mean strictly merciless, or merciless and above (i.e. maps)?
Also i got a treasury in the unique map and it doesnt count for the achievement (might be a bug).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I would rather not trust a random with anything he cant put in a trade window to be honest...

Also i got a treasury in the unique map and it doesnt count for the achievement (might be a bug).

Merciless and above.

You should post a bug report on the treasury thing, but just to make sure you're aware: You have to be the person who actually clicks on it to get the challenge. If a party member opened it, you wouldn't get the credit.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Count Uvula posted:

Merciless and above.

You should post a bug report on the treasury thing, but just to make sure you're aware: You have to be the person who actually clicks on it to get the challenge. If a party member opened it, you wouldn't get the credit.

I know that, and my party members at this time knew it too (since ive been repeating this every 10 minutes for over a week now) so the click was mine.
Are they really THAT rare to find or am i just uniquely unlucky?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think im still missing the treasury and catalog

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.
I prefer not to think about it. Still missing the archive, 2 chest guardians, and I prefer not to think about how many times I've run lab looking for a trap and ... minion? helm enchant. RNG!!! :argh:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Count Uvula posted:

Perandus family members only appear in Merciless I believe, but it's luck. You could buy one from a pubby but they'll be really expensive.

Maybe it's changed but a few weeks ago Junith was like 15c.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Pretty sure it's rarer for a random to scam you on a low chaos trade. If anything they go for the big trade to make it worth it.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I saw two junith's yesterday. I don't know if they changed the spawn rates or if it was just a very lucky day because both of these also happened

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I played 3 characters to 89/90/91 and still miss "kill Junith Perandus" and "open a Perandus Treasury".
What am i doing wrong?
Is it just bad luck or do they only appear on/above/below certain maps/zones?

I'd say missing Junith isn't bad luck, but not finding a Treasury definitely is.

My chars are around the same level, and I'm missing Junith + one other guardian. I think I've found at least 2 or 3 of each Perandus chest type though.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Bushiz posted:

I saw two junith's yesterday. I don't know if they changed the spawn rates or if it was just a very lucky day because both of these also happened

sorry about your bad bow base

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Count Uvula posted:

I've not found any Perandus family members outside of maps, myself.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

People have been saying that Junith and Tantalo only show up in tier 8 maps and above, and the one time I saw Tantalo (before he despawned after only two other perandus mobs got killed :argh:) was a tier 8.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Moddington posted:

People have been saying that Junith and Tantalo only show up in tier 8 maps and above, and the one time I saw Tantalo (before he despawned after only two other perandus mobs got killed :argh:) was a tier 8.

Can somewhat confirm. Got my Junith from a guy in Gorge.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Can somewhat confirm. Got my Junith from a guy in Gorge.

I think I got my Tantalo in Gorge too now that I think about it. TBH he was dead before I even saw him, would've tried to give to goons/sell to shitbirds.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Question - what are some good spells to use with Cast on Critical for a Ranger? Mine's got a pretty high Crit rate now, so I figure I'd give it a whirl.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
You don't go "Cast on Crit" unless you really invest into it, and intend on using it from the very start. You don't just have a "pretty high" crit chance, you invest all the way to 95% crit chance and a shitload of attack speed, and make near zero investment in actual attack damage. Because all your damage will be coming from spell procs.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Holyshoot posted:

sorry about your bad bow base

total investiture in the bow was 15 fuses, 30 jewellers, and 2 chaos

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Bushiz posted:

total investiture in the bow was 15 fuses, 30 jewellers, and 2 chaos

Harbinger base is still better. But that's some wicked luck. Grats.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

DaveWoo posted:

Question - what are some good spells to use with Cast on Critical for a Ranger? Mine's got a pretty high Crit rate now, so I figure I'd give it a whirl.

I hope you're going with a high crit Omen Wand, because bows really aren't that good for CoC imo.

And if you do, you can link something like barrage, coc, gmp, ice spear, arctic breath. The cool thing with this is you can use ranger and duelist Projectile Damage nodes instead of spell nodes. You do need a way to get to 200 Int tho (that unique jewel that transforms dex to int helps).

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Holy poo poo almost died to dominus on my blind HC playtrough. Took me way too long to figure out how not to get hit by the drat blood rain or what ever it was.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Holyshoot posted:

Harbinger base is still better. But that's some wicked luck. Grats.

counterpoint: gotta go fast.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
what channel do you ask in for challenge kills/chests?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Holy poo poo almost died to dominus on my blind HC playtrough. Took me way too long to figure out how not to get hit by the drat blood rain or what ever it was.

I don't know how blind you want to be, but make sure to have a _____ flask of stanching. Its very important. Normal Dom is the first real need for it, but you will need it going on.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I kind of feel like I've hit a plateau with my character, not in their build but in how I'm using him. I've gotten to level 86 on an ice trapper, have pretty decent gear, build is going ok. But I've hit a wall on t11 maps and feel like I'm spending way more currency than I'm making. I've been chiseling/alching t10 maps, using chaos on anything without packsize or with lovely quantity, but still feel like I'm getting nowhere.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

I kind of feel like I've hit a plateau with my character, not in their build but in how I'm using him. I've gotten to level 86 on an ice trapper, have pretty decent gear, build is going ok. But I've hit a wall on t11 maps and feel like I'm spending way more currency than I'm making. I've been chiseling/alching t10 maps, using chaos on anything without packsize or with lovely quantity, but still feel like I'm getting nowhere.

Lvl 86 running T11?
I usually do 90 with max T9 maps, up to 85 its blue with packsize. 85-90 is 1 chisel/alch, especially with the ice trapper you can run ANYTHING. Given, no reg is kinda bad, i reroll that one, but literally everything else is good to go.

Edit: get Orchads and run them as much as you can. Density there is insane even without packsize, and the boss is a joke for icetrappers. (as is anything else really, this build is retarded. positively.)

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 12, 2016

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I was running t11 since it's the absolute bottom of my XP penalty, don't die that often (maybe once or twice a level)

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

I was running t11 since it's the absolute bottom of my XP penalty, don't die that often (maybe once or twice a level)

You shouldnt care about xp penalty really. More maps to level = more drops in each level = more maps for next level.
If you have to fall back to T8/T9, its better to do it at 86 than on 89.
Youre getting 79% from T8, which is perfectly fine. Even T7 is, honestly.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
I just threw a bunch of currency into the HC stash if anyone wants it

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Any goons in Perandus HC want some money/items? I don't have much left but I'm done with the league and I'd rather things went to a good home. Add @BarzonDek I'll probably pop up online tonight.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

You can probably run Vinktar square, you should do that, it's hella profitable. Buy pieces for ~40c, sell flask for 30-35c, sell T13-15 maps to make a profit with each run. It's good experience if you don't die too often and pretty easy for an ice trapper (just run a lightning flask for the boss and tp if your flask runs low)

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

The problem is you are trying to do high map tiers too soon. I made the same mistake and ran all the t10+ maps I had around level 92 because I got excited that I was crushing everything. My map pool wasn't big enough to sustain even though I was chiseling + alching + vaaling every map, and as a result I have spent 93-95 in t9/t10 maps to build my pool back up. If you are actually trying to level, you shouldn't run anymore red maps until 95. If you don't care though and just want to mess around, you can run whatever is fun. My plan for future leagues is to get to t7-9 maps asap and run them alched until 93, then spend 94 and 95 running all my t10/11 maps to make sure I have a larger base of red maps to run, because having to go back down to t8/9 when you are 95 sucks.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
God loving drat IT

http://steamcommunity.com/id/turboraton/screenshot/508153408295388744

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Been there. My goondolances.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

SC i hope? Because thats level 60 flasks and only 1200 hp.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

only having res in town means hc doesnt it? i think even deaths in lab give you the checkpoint option on sc

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Nope, lab deaths only have the "res at town" option.

Goondolences for dying at Final Phase Izaro. I've been there. :smith:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Does anyone know how Ice Bite interacts with Herald of Ice? HoI kicks in anytime an enemy shatters, so is it possible to get frenzy charges off any shatter, or only the ones caused by the explosion?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Does anyone know how Ice Bite interacts with Herald of Ice? HoI kicks in anytime an enemy shatters, so is it possible to get frenzy charges off any shatter, or only the ones caused by the explosion?

It does work but in my experience the charge generation is really inconsistent to the point that even blitzing through packs wasn't reliably sustaining charges.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

only the explosion, sadly

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Bugsy posted:

You do realize he´s got 3400 ES, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Bugsy posted:

level 60 flasks are better than the higher ones the vast majority of the time.

• Locked thread