Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sarchasm posted:

I like her Alpha 3 costume better. :colbert:

Her Alpha 3 costume is just a boring regular seifuku with bike shorts, though. This is about a million times better because it's different. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's fine, but it's hardly breaking the mold on outfits for characters like her. If anything it's trading one cliche for another.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Baal posted:

It's fine, but it's hardly breaking the mold on outfits for characters like her. If anything it's trading one cliche for another.
Clichés? In my anime game? Never!

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
As a Gief player, it feels to me like the way to win with Ryu is to consistently hit combos. Since it's such a game of keep away, you need to really capitalize on any openings you get, otherwise trading back and forth, Gief it's just gonna sit your rear end downa couple times and out race your damage.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

SectumSempra posted:

also sf5 cammy premium alt is the best she's ever had

I really hope Capcom let me buy that costume, even if its cash only. It really is the best one.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RanKizama posted:

Clichés? In my anime game? Never!

I mean that's not what I was saying considering Ryu still looks the loving same, but her new outfit isn't some amazing step up from the old one.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

I really hope Capcom let me buy that costume, even if its cash only. It really is the best one.

It's going to be in the real money store, alongside all the other preorder costumes.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I'm really glad I have the Cammy alt. I ordered off Amazon and got the Bison code and traded the code with a friend to get Cammy's. I would say he made a terrible mistake but he also had zero desire to play Cammy.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is the maintenance today to activate the money shop?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is the maintenance today to activate the money shop?
i'm gonna go ahead and guess "no loving way"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They have not said when they are planning to add the Zenny shop or even mentioned who the new character this month is

Meanwhile Iron Galaxy announced a patch to fix the refresh rate problem for KI PC and got a patch out in a little over a week without loving the game up in some way as far as anyone can tell.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I hope they can eventually get to the point where we start getting the DLC characters earlier than the last day of the month

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Money Shop Added

Known bugs:
Shop deducts funds but does not distribute the purchased item(s)
Player's CC info is sometimes displayed in versus instead of their Fight ID

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Saint Freak posted:

Money Shop Added

Known bugs:
Shop deducts funds but does not distribute the purchased item(s)
Player's CC info is sometimes displayed in versus instead of their Fight ID

Well you see, SFV shop is deducting an incorrect amount because in Japan money is evaluated differently, so someone made an incorrect Yen to Dollar conversion. If you think about it, it's not really a bug but more like a skill cap on the game, because it takes some skill to figure out what the amount you should be paying is.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
You must enter the amount of money you want to pay manually and if you mess it up integer overflow happens and all the money from that account is transferred to Capcom's store

At least you'll be able to buy all the colors instead of having to go through survival!

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I bought Karins color 12 and its all I need.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
gently caress the rare maintenance has to be today and now of all the moments

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Has Capcom officially stated that we're getting a DLC character this month? I'd like to see a new character, and hope so, but given Capcoms track record for disappointment I can't help but be cynical.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
April's character is Missingno. and when choosing him on the select screen, it will brick your PS4.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Street Fighter V: Built with the long term in mind

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

tough combo challenges

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

AnonSpore posted:

tough combo challenges
As a scrublord poo poo-tier player, gently caress that timing on some of those combos.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
One of gief's tough combo challenges was jump roundhouse and then sweep.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
I don't remember a single combo that was noteworthy for being tough, but some trials at least had useful bnb's you should learn :shrug:

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i was able to get through ryu ken and chuns challenges all within one episode of broad city

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Ryu's 10 challenge is a pain only because they don't really mention the "microwalk."

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
i like how everything on that roadmap that isn't ??? is stuff that should have just been in from launch

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Colorspray posted:

Has Capcom officially stated that we're getting a DLC character this month? I'd like to see a new character, and hope so, but given Capcoms track record for disappointment I can't help but be cynical.

People apparently just data-mined a new steam update today, so yeah probably.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

madmac posted:

People apparently just data-mined a new steam update today, so yeah probably.

I haven't seen a new steam update... I played for about 20 minutes after they turned em back on too.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I haven't seen a new steam update... I played for about 20 minutes after they turned em back on too.

I'm not talking about a live patch, just some fiddling with dlc files. I still don't expect Guile before the end of the month.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

interrodactyl posted:

i like how everything on that roadmap that isn't ??? is stuff that should have just been in from launch

Sf5 was made with the long term in mind.

Making people pay as much money as possible before delivering any part of the game

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Thanks that's awesome! Good to know all 6 characters will be out by October.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Has any game that promised monthly content updates of any sort actually delivered on that without a delay? I remember Wildstar promising monthly content drops and after 2 they kind of gave up.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

croutonZA posted:

Has any game that promised monthly content updates of any sort actually delivered on that without a delay? I remember Wildstar promising monthly content drops and after 2 they kind of gave up.

KI didn't promise monthly updates, but they did stick to the schedule that was given.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFCdvdNx1lQ

Hitboxes are funny, and so are cinematic supers!

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

croutonZA posted:

Splatoon I hear did a fantastic job post release and kept to their schedule.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

bhsman posted:

Are you basing this solely on his NCR performance or...?

I was thinking of pepedai.

That includes you too zand.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Mega Comrade posted:

Splatoon I hear did a fantastic job post release and kept to their schedule.
Splatoon's post-launch support is pretty much the gold standard for that kind of model. The only fuckup was the first Splatfest and even then they were like "sorry guys, we're going to push this back by one week" and communicated it way in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Microwaves Mom posted:

I was thinking of pepedai.

Ah OK; has Pepedai even entered any tournaments outside of Japan yet?

quote:

That includes you too zand.