Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Who could forget the Half Life mod Escape from Woomera?

https://twitter.com/maxuthink/status/719670313366085633

That loving mod

Also great currency m8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
5 Dollaridoos right there.

Also, Buzzfeed has done the hard journalism regarding the new bank note so we can all sleep soundly tonight.

Also a UPF member freaked out because he thought the pink structure at the bottom was a mosque (it's not)

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cC6Jt0rEkc

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

aw sweet gonna buy so many pingerz

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

"hello I don't understand art or even do art, please don't anything towards art with my tax money anymore"

For gently caress sake please shut up, we get it you don't get it because the height of loving cultural art to you isn't even loss.jpg.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/antfarmer/status/719693075044376577

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

The Daily Telegraph Front Page You Might Have Missed

Because of my fine work filling in for Fairfax a few weeks back during industrial action, The Daily Telegraph contacted me for a hands off front page and editorial on the Samantha Maiden drink driving story. They wanted to highlight the story, but keep their hands clean, so they called me up. I was slightly upset this morning when I found they'd not used my work, but luckily you can still enjoy it. I did my utmost to keep it on point for Telegraph readers.

It's long been proven speed and alcohol are the dominant factors in fatal car crashes and accidents involving serious injury. So we continue to wonder why some of our most prominent citizens engage in such reckless behaviour? Like you, we believe they're dangerous mongrels who second chance judges have let terrorise us for too long.

Earlier this year News Corp journalist, Samantha Maiden was lecturing Liberal MP Jamie Briggs about his boozy antics, terming him a 'barfly' and that his "alcoholic intake left him running the risk of behaving like Les Patterson when representing Australia abroad." Apparently Maiden thinks there's something wrong with a beer in your hand and sauce on your shirt.

We like our pollies a little rough around the edges, but we'll concede Briggs may have been a goose while on the turps. However, he never had a skinful before getting behind the wheel of 2500kg vehicle, winding it up to 110km and hurtling down darkened country roads with Police in hot pursuit.

Because that's what Samantha Maiden did.

Astonishingly the Police chase became so dangerous, with Maiden all over the road, that our finest had to give up the chase and radio ahead for another pursuit car to tail her further up the road.

After hooning through a 50km zone doing 80km, Maiden nearly wiped out an innocent Commodore, one of the last built in Australia, before surrendering to the exasperated Police. In handcuffs, Maiden blew into the bretho and it proved positive. Back at the station Maiden's second blow registered 0.136 - almost three times the legal limit.

You really need to consider the "what ifs" in these situations. Maybe a family was coming in the other direction as Maiden accelerated and swerved at high speed. Maybe it was a family pet Maiden could have crushed, leaving poor children without their beloved cat or dog.

Maybe it was a kiddie.

It's not out of the realms of possibility that a young child was sleep walking that night and wandered out onto the road unawares. When you look at the great Australians Goulburn has produced, you can see the potential loss.

Kate Ritchie is one of Goulburn's finest, but had she stumbled onto the road that night as a small child we never would have seen Sally grow up before our eyes and win our hearts on Home & Away.

George Lazenby is another of Goulburn's finest. Imagine a young George Lazenby mowed down by Maiden's flying Santa Fe. Australia would never have had its own Bond. We'd be shaken and stirred.

Goulburn's Gold Medalist, Michael Diamond is another who would no doubt be missed. Sure he had lightning reflexes when trap shooting, but as a young child even he would struggle to dodge an oncoming car driven by a drunk driver.

The seriousness of this crime cannot be understated and that's why today we're starting a new Tele campaign to get Samantha Maiden off our roads and behind bars.

http://www.idiottax.net/2016/04/the-daily-telegraph-front-page-you.html

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/michaelhallida4/status/719767333011492864

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

LibertyCat posted:

I am not kidding when I say I was more moved during the events of the Mass Effect series than I ever was by the works of Beethoven or Leonardo da Vinci. Saying video games aren't art is purely snobbery

Mass Effect was a great game... for me to poop on.
It's not even a good sci-fi story. Read a book.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

LibertyCat posted:

I am not kidding when I say I was more moved during the events of the Mass Effect series than I ever was by the works of Beethoven or Leonardo da Vinci.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
i cried when solaire couldn't find his sun

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
sephiroth killed aeris and it was brutal

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Tokamak posted:

Mass Effect was a great game... for me to poop on.
It's not even a good sci-fi story. Read a book.

Does a book let me have sex with an alien whose race is notable for the fact that they have to be hermetically sealed or they get disease? No, it does not. Check and mate.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico
My favourite dark and tragic art is that of Australian politics... Truly a disturbing and raw reflection of the bleakest parts of the human condition, true (f)art.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
It's not the disease that kills Quarians, it's the immune response.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

LibertyCat posted:

I am not kidding when I say I was more moved during the events of the Mass Effect series than I ever was by the works of Beethoven or Leonardo da Vinci. Saying video games aren't art is purely snobbery - how dare the hoi polloi have a say on what is and isn't art. Based on sales figures I'd rather see video games subsidized than some overpriced work selected by unelected wankers that is only appreciated by a tiny fraction of society.

So a minority of weirdos are bitter over some issue I'm happy to say I've managed to avoid learning about. This is a truly bizarre way to judge if something qualifies as art.

You've got great material dude, you just need to structure it better. No grant this time, sorry.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Someone get a mod to check if this is IWC. I want to give credit where it's due.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Zenithe posted:

5 Dollaridoos right there.

I'm surprised you don't call them 'dollaroos'.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Starshark posted:

Someone get a mod to check if this is IWC. I want to give credit where it's due.

"I want to believe."
- Commander Shepherd

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 12, 2016

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Starshark posted:

Pretty sure IWC retired and only comes in to pimp his podcast these days.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

El Scotch posted:

I'm surprised you don't call them 'dollaroos'.

It's a Simpsons joke.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
UPF trying really hard in the lead up to ANZAC day. I mean like there's always mixed feelings about ANZAC day but I'm worried/disgusted if the ultra-nationalists get a hold of it and start influencing the content of the services.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Recoome posted:

UPF trying really hard in the lead up to ANZAC day. I mean like there's always mixed feelings about ANZAC day but I'm worried/disgusted if the ultra-nationalists get a hold of it and start influencing the content of the services.

With the current state of affairs (i.e. full of literal Nazis and manbabies) I can't imagine they will have any influence outside of their tiny bubble.

Still, the recent stuff is even more disgusting than normal, although the poetry is actually funny if you pretend its taking the piss. Like, this is satire yeah? Please?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Further proof Canberra best.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

stop replying to LibertyCat.

80% of his thread is them saying something and you all stomping on them.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Kommando posted:

stop replying to LibertyCat.

80% of his thread is them saying something and you all stomping on them.

Come on, man. That crack about Mass Effect was pretty lol.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Recoome posted:

Too late!

About 15 years too late, actually.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Too late!

About 15 years too late, actually.

:australia:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Skellybones posted:

It's not the disease that kills Quarians, it's the immune response.

lol calm down commander shepard

"it's not the gun that kills them, it's the bullet"

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

imagine thinking that RED GREEN BLUE GHOST ALIEN CHILD was art

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Which one is libertycat?

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

:lol: Sponsored by Uber.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

So many smug punchable faces

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The North Korean defector sounds interesting.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Who wants to buy me that terrible Skywarriors book by that Liberal MP?

It's for art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Milky Moor posted:

Who wants to buy me that terrible Skywarriors book by that Liberal MP?

It's for art.

Yeah I might...

• Locked thread