Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
It would be nice if I actually knew how many participation points we are getting a round. I'd like to buy things but I also want a shiny knife if we make playoffs so I have to math. I'm a gremlin if somebody wants to give me that information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

LorrdErnie posted:

It would be nice if I actually knew how many participation points we are getting a round. I'd like to buy things but I also want a shiny knife if we make playoffs so I have to math. I'm a gremlin if somebody wants to give me that information.

http://arenachallenge.com/dwarffort/view_races.php?1

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

I'm not even a gremlin I'm a Dark Gnome. I'm out of it. Also dont know how I missed that being on the race page...

Edit: Turns out I can afford some skills! If I'm not doing my math wrong that is...

The ideology eater fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 12, 2016

Ramc
May 4, 2008

LorrdErnie posted:

I'm not even a gremlin I'm a Dark Gnome. I'm out of it. Also dont know how I missed that being on the race page...

Edit: Turns out I can afford some skills! If I'm not doing my math wrong that is...

Never doubt the Jazz man

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pickled Tink posted:

I am continuing my fine tradition of not updating my gladiator for a seventh round in a row. Also, my tradition of betting all my money on my own team, because that has worked well so far and I am not in the poorhouse.

wait 7x50... thats a fuckload of points. What are you saving for?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Looks like the Zoo's resident tank will make Chaz look like a bitch. And Belmole will hopefully chop through SRIRACHA fast enough to save Cowman and Antwoman who are going to be bitten and chopped by Strangler and a wolf with a huge iron 2 handed sword who has had 6 kills in the last 2 fights.

The only fricken matchup I felt comfortable with for Antwoman was Knife Toseeu :(

Can I reroll a new fighter?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Honestly Plump Helmets is on full on red alert all hands on deck mode. Mydad has been testing builds nonstop all weekend, trying to find a way for us to win.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

SynthOrange posted:

wait 7x50... thats a fuckload of points. What are you saving for?
6 by 30, actually. I'm running a Yeti. 180 points isn't really much, and this will be the seventh round I won't have spent points, so I'll be at 210 by the start of the next round, and maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to afford something decent.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
So, another end of a round, another win for the all-dwarf team, their 48 kills reclaiming the lead from Worse Munki and Plump Helmets on 47. What's interesting is, whilst not equal, there is much more of a shared workload amongst the animists than with their nearest rivals, the mutant dwarf notwithstanding.

Let's look at the top of the leaderboard:

1st, in like Flynn, 22 kills - 50% of Hell's Dentists' total.
2nd, James Largesausage, 21 - 45% of Plump Helmets' total
3rd, Chaz Steadyfist, 20 - 43% of Worse Munki's total
4th=, Dusseldwarf, 18 - 38% of Subterranean Animists' total
4th=, Snarls Barkley, 62% of A Tarantino Film's total

Represented in the top five are the four division leading teams, with the outlier being the 'Best worst team', the 4th-placed of Syrupleaf with a better record than half the 3rd-placed teams. Snarls is totally carrying them, and would likely earn a transfer to a better side next season if such things existed. Duss shares her workload majorly with Qwarf, who has one third of the remaining tally, with Baldwin in double figures as well.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I have a suggestion: Add one extra fight between the end of the qualifications and the play-offs. The 8th best team will fight a custom team made of the 4 best fighters from the 8 loser teams, chosen one each by Jazz, the commissioners (ZeeToo and SpermySmurf), and one more person. It would give the best of the worst one last chance to redeem themselves against the worst of the best and enter the play-offs in a brand new team.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I support this idea because it's my only chance. :suicide:

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Oh, I do like that idea. It means there might be a surprisingly good new addition to the playoffs, assuming they beat the 8th place team. In terms of picking the fighters to make up the team, the remaining one could be the losing fighter with the highest number of kills.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

my dad posted:

I have a suggestion: Add one extra fight between the end of the qualifications and the play-offs. The 8th best team will fight a custom team made of the 4 best fighters from the 8 loser teams, chosen one each by Jazz, the commissioners (ZeeToo and SpermySmurf), and one more person. It would give the best of the worst one last chance to redeem themselves against the worst of the best and enter the play-offs in a brand new team.

I like the jist of this idea but I think the 4 best fighters from the 8 loser teams would actually be a really good team, perhaps much too good. Maybe take the best fighter from each of the bottom 4 teams.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Cathode Raymond posted:

I like the jist of this idea but I think the 4 best fighters from the 8 loser teams would actually be a really good team, perhaps much too good. Maybe take the best fighter from each of the bottom 4 teams.

Yeah, only putting competent people on a team is going a bit far imo

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I'm game, if everyone else is.

Of course, I also want to do a final exhibition match between the top four killers and the last four unblooded, supposing none of them get a kill in the last few rounds. You know, just to give them another shot at it. Technically. :v:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

ZeeToo posted:

I'm game, if everyone else is.

Of course, I also want to do a final exhibition match between the top four killers and the last four unblooded, supposing none of them get a kill in the last few rounds. You know, just to give them another shot at it. Technically. :v:

I think we should throw them a bone and do a mirror match of the four unblooded vs the four unblooded. If one manages to kill another one, they will be considered "*blooded" for historical purposes. If one only manages to kill its clone, or not even kill any of the other unblooded, they must be commemorated in a special shaming ceremony.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
As it stands now I'd think the 4-best-of-the-worst fighters would be:

Ghost-Trees from Lightly Whipped
Knife Toseeu from This Bites except Knife Toseuu didn't have a dagger or something right? So a bite-strangler? If that's the case then maybe Roland?
Dontellim Pike from Furry/Farmer/2 Cows. But I do like Rob Fords weapon...
Bowbold from CRAP. gently caress you Bad Munki

Maybe? Those are going from memory and not looking at the kill tally sheet.

They would be fighting Go Big or Go Home.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

gently caress you Bad Munki

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

As it stands now I'd think the 4-best-of-the-worst fighters would be:

Ghost-Trees from Lightly Whipped
Knife Toseeu from This Bites except Knife Toseuu didn't have a dagger or something right? So a bite-strangler? If that's the case then maybe Roland?
Dontellim Pike from Furry/Farmer/2 Cows. But I do like Rob Fords weapon...

Maybe? Those are going from memory and not looking at the kill tally sheet.

They would be fighting Go Big or Go Home.

Roland Gorchik has one more kill than Knife Toseeu: they both have more kills than the entirety of lightly whipped. The one you suggested for lightly whipped is unblooded: Jupis is their 'leading killer'. You're right about Pike. Here's where things get interesting, and give you a chance to screw over Bad Munki: Although the Pals have the 4th worst win record, They have more kills than the Heavyweight Horrorshow. Jimbo is indeed the only Pal worth a drat, but if we go for the 4th worst by kills, Jakob of the Horrorshow takes the last spot.

Alternately, we can take the four worst teams and pluck the four best from them regardless of origin. By win record, that gives us:
Jimbo Akimbo (Pals, 17 kills)
Roland Gorchik (This Bites, 8 kills)
Knife Toseeu (TB, 7 kills)
Dontellim Pike (FF2C, 7 kills)

And by kill count:
Jakob (T13HH, 10 kills)
sn (T13HH, 8 kils)
Roland Gorchik (TB, 8 kills)
And either knife or pike.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Grimmik is now decent at wrestling for reasons I am un-sure of.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

AJ_Impy posted:

Jimbo is indeed the only Pal worth a drat

Wow, insanely rude.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Any more of this ridiculous slander and I'll give my next fighter an even longer name, like "Dickpuncher Wolf, the Wolf that Punches the Enemies in the Dick Even if they Don't Have One"

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

alcharagia posted:

Wow, insanely rude.

All right, let's quantify this. A drat is the fighting ability to outfight the entirety of Lightly Whipped. Lightly Whipped have 6 kills, to outfight them you need 7. There is one member of Cool Rad Awesome Pals whose kill value is worth that total or higher.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Listen here, you distended fuckhole of a colosseum registrar, I'll have you know that Apeliminator is worth three kills' progress towards a drat more than you are or ever will be worth, and is also much more personable and handsome.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I like you.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
And for that matter, maybe if you looked beyond the walls of the small arena you've locked yourself into, you'd notice the Apeliminator merchandising empire that's come about, he's the most popular person to come out of Season 5 of the Arena Challenge with young boys ages 8-12 and 43-year-old men, I've already gotten multiple offers from several important companies for partnership deals, and for THAT matter,

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Do you want me to taunt you with stats a second time?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

alcharagia posted:

Any more of this ridiculous slander and I'll give my next fighter an even longer name, like "Dickpuncher Wolf, the Wolf that Punches the Enemies in the Dick Even if they Don't Have One"

You should do this regardless. This is a good name because it is a) descriptive and b) full of genital-targeting menace

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 12, 2016

Ramc
May 4, 2008

alcharagia posted:

And for that matter, maybe if you looked beyond the walls of the small arena you've locked yourself into, you'd notice the Apeliminator merchandising empire that's come about, he's the most popular person to come out of Season 5 of the Arena Challenge with young boys ages 8-12 and 43-year-old men, I've already gotten multiple offers from several important companies for partnership deals, and for THAT matter,

Panty Thief is huge in Japan. :colbert:

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Who was the fighter that got castrated in this tournament? That's a guy that knows about menaced genitals.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Cathode Raymond posted:

You should do this regardless. This is a good name because it is a) descriptive and b) full of genital-targeting menace

Especially if it isn't a wolf.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anchors posted:

Who was the fighter that got castrated in this tournament? That's a guy that knows about menaced genitals.

We don't discuss the gelded in polite conversation

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
All the fighters have a balanced number of points, and there are already teams with great builds and excellent synergy between fighters. How exactly is taking the 4 best fighters from the losing teams going to cause a problem? I mean, the whole purpose of this is to make a decent team for a hail mary shot at winning the tournament for those guys.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I dont think anyone said it would be a bad idea. I think it would be pretty neat.

Arch-whatever is just angry people dared talk bad about Apeliminator.

The dude has focus groups for fucks sake.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

my dad posted:

All the fighters have a balanced number of points, and there are already teams with great builds and excellent synergy between fighters. How exactly is taking the 4 best fighters from the losing teams going to cause a problem? I mean, the whole purpose of this is to make a decent team for a hail mary shot at winning the tournament for those guys.

It'll bias things against teams like ours that are trying to stumble our ways into the playoffs and dont have great builds or synergy!

More seriously I'd think we would want a Hail Mary team to be coming in at around the middle of the pack, I'm not sure who exactly it would be but putting 4 good killers on a team together very well might put them more on the level of the current top team.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

my dad posted:

Huh? I donno, do what you want, friend.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

my dad posted:

It's not a problem if you take the 4 best from the 4 worst teams, which I think is a great idea.

It becomes more of a problem (and less of a Hail Mary) if you take the 4 best from all of the 8 teams that don't make the playoffs, because that could be a monster team of Snarls Barkley, Jimbo, etc. That team if you put it together right now would probably average 13 or 14 kills each. Their average kill tally would be higher than even the Animists, and they would almost certainly beat whoever the 8th place team is by a wide margin.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Spermy Smurf posted:

Arch-whatever is just angry people dared talk bad about Apeliminator.

He's not angry. I mean, he's not even doing his Gilbert Gottfried impersonation at 300dB yet.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Cathode Raymond posted:

It becomes more of a problem (and less of a Hail Mary) if you take the 4 best from all of the 8 teams that don't make the playoffs, because that could be a monster team of Snarls Barkley, Jimbo, etc. That team if you put it together right now would probably average 13 or 14 kills each. Their average kill tally would be higher than even the Animists, and they would almost certainly beat whoever the 8th place team is by a wide margin.

Then instead of the worst of the best, put them up against the best of the best and let's see how this pans out. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

my dad posted:

Then instead of the worst of the best, put them up against the best of the best and let's see how this pans out. :v:

So swap out Braun for Antwoman and otherwise leave Animists untouched?