Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Are we sure you can be invaded if you're Embered but don't have any phantoms? I've been Embered the entire time I've been playing so far and I've only ever been invaded by NPCs. Then, I summon a sunbro for fun and I'm invaded in seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

At this point I feel like a lot will get nerfed very fast. Maybe its just me. I started a couple months ago replaying all the games starting with DeS and was recapping DS2 right up til about 20 mins before the game unlocked yesterday. But man, especially bosses I am just steamrolling, so far the [spoilers]Abyss Watchers[/spoilers] are all that took me more than 2 tries, many one shots.

I meant to touch on the bows especially. Got the long bow first off, and with the arrows readily available from the merchant I can two or three shot most things, especially with the AI as mentioned before

codo27 fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Apr 12, 2016

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

This seems to be resonating with the people

I found a somewhat hidden crystal lizard in one of the early areas and managed to rack up some good reviews with a message pointing it out, but the real returns are clearly in butt and/or sex jokes. :darksouls:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Harrow posted:

Are we sure you can be invaded if you're Embered but don't have any phantoms? I've been Embered the entire time I've been playing so far and I've only ever been invaded by NPCs. Then, I summon a sunbro for fun and I'm invaded in seconds.

Yes, it's happened to me.

edit: And then, miraculously, a bluecop showed up and it was the first one I have seen. I never saw a single one, ever, in Dark Souls 2.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

How's the game running on PS4 for other people? I feel like there's some sort of hitchiness when I played. Is it just me?

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Well, I powered through the first boss at 10fps and managed to make my way to a katanaman that sliced me in half.

That seems a good place to leave it off until I get a better computer.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

SgtSteel91 posted:

How's the game running on PS4 for other people? I feel like there's some sort of hitchiness when I played. Is it just me?

Doesn't feel any different than when Dark Souls 2 first came out (not SotFS) as in I'm not noticing anything that's pulling me out of the game.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Yay the tutorial boss! No big....

ow. gently caress.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Jay Rust posted:

In the Crucifixion Woods, in the ruined fort immediately before the Crystal Sage, there's a upper level in the very final room that has a few items strewn about. Does anyone know how to access them?

If you are facing the entrance to the final room (so the boss gate is on the opposite side from where you are), turn to your left, walk up to the wall, then turn right.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
When can I get a redo your levels item? I wasted a bunch of levels on dex before settling on the thrall axe, which has D scaling in str and dex so I'm not getting anything out of them. Would be better off making it raw probably.

Wish I also new where to give some more pyromancy, though even just the basic fireball spell is drat good in this game.

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Here's a little protip if you're a Sorcerer and don't want to ruin your playthrough: make sure you give Orbeck at least one scroll before advancing to the Catacombs, otherwise he disappears forever and there's no way to get sorceries. There are 2 scrolls before then apparently. I didn't know this, so now I have to start over.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Frankston posted:

Roll just as he's about to hit you. Abuse those iframes

Yeah. I will say he's pretty forgiving as far as giving you that cheese spot underneath

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

When can I get a redo your levels item? I wasted a bunch of levels on dex before settling on the thrall axe, which has D scaling in str and dex so I'm not getting anything out of them. Would be better off making it raw probably.

Wish I also new where to give some more pyromancy, though even just the basic fireball spell is drat good in this game.

Upgrade it and the scaling will improve.

Also, you can find pyromancy tomes in various areas that let the trainer teach you new spells. The first one is near the giant event crabs in the Road of Sacrifices.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

turtlecrunch posted:

If you are facing the entrance to the final room (so the boss gate is on the opposite side from where you are), turn to your left, walk up to the wall, then turn right.

Rated Good

Thanks!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Leohnard gone for good if I beat the balls tree? Have I lost my chance at a red eye orb?

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
Yay I found Blighttown 3.0. Hopefully it isn't too terrible.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Turtlicious posted:

Is Leohnard gone for good if I beat the balls tree? Have I lost my chance at a red eye orb?

Just check back later, you're fine

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Turtlicious posted:

I didn't find that guy until after I killed tree baby, so you should be fine.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Does anyone know why my estus flask randomly refills? In DS1 i think it was because someone stoked the bonfire you were using but afaik you can't do that in this game.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Harrow posted:

Yup. But it's similar to Dark Souls II in that there's a priority (probably). People with summons seem to be much high priority than people who are just embered.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's impressive how on day 1 I had perfect connections to other players and today I've got jackshit.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I swear all the enemies have Bloodborne dashing. Which would be cool if I had BB dashing

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

A Magical Lamp posted:

Yay I found Blighttown 3.0. Hopefully it isn't too terrible.

Its a paradise compared to that.

After beating Vordt you are looking right down on where you go next. When you get down there, if you look back to the Lothric part of the bridge thats out with the dead dragon, opposite all those weird humpback things dead on the ground, there is at least one item I can see. I cant figure out how to get over there, obviously has to be while still at Lothric but I feel like I've been everywhere.

codo27 fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 12, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

CJ posted:

Does anyone know why my estus flask randomly refills? In DS1 i think it was because someone stoked the bonfire you were using but afaik you can't do that in this game.

It's probably your messages being rated up if I had to wager a guess

ufarn
May 30, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

Does deprived Katana man ever run out of stamina goddamn?
I went with the rapier, which did the trick pretty well around the third or fifth attempt. You can combo it a bunch, and you at least stagger him while hitting. His stamina and uberpoise is still bullshit, though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I picked sorcerer as my starting class to try out magic but I'm not sure whether I should upgrade dex, str, or neither for my primary weapon. any suggestions on some cool weapons to work towards? I just picked up a rapier, and I have an uchigatana from some guy near firelink, but other than that it's just the mail breaker and I don't wanna waste upgrade materials before I know how rare they'll be

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

CJ posted:

Not confirmed but anecdotally it seems similar to the free liquid humanity thing they had going on in Dark Souls, where when you raise a hidden counter enough you get one, and the counter is raised by killing enemies in that area.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

I picked sorcerer as my starting class to try out magic but I'm not sure whether I should upgrade dex, str, or neither for my primary weapon. any suggestions on some cool weapons to work towards? I just picked up a rapier, and I have an uchigatana from some guy near firelink, but other than that it's just the mail breaker and I don't wanna waste upgrade materials before I know how rare they'll be

Where do you get the ichigo?

Stay away from halberd. This thing has less reach than a knights sword it's bullshit

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The blue-caped knight near the High Cathedral drops a Refined Gem, in case y'all were wondering. :v:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

Stay away from halberd. This thing has less reach than a knights sword it's bullshit

from firelink, there's a guy holding it up above and to the right when exiting back towards the tutorial area. I tried very hard to make him roll off the cliff like the old red eye knight in demon's souls, but he wouldn't have any of it

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Alan Smithee posted:

Are you two handing the halberd, I'm sure its like a sword if your using 1h and a shield.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I take it back, the longsword lunge art is worthless because it has a range of 0 meters. If an enemy moves at all it won't connect, ever.

Even upgraded it's weak as poo poo too.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Can someone recommend a walk through? Bunch of bullshit out there atm.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Bogart posted:

The blue-caped knight near the High Cathedral drops a Refined Gem, in case y'all were wondering. :v:

Bogart posted:

They're not backstabbable right

I tried a couple times

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

96 spacejam posted:

This is not a way to play Dark Souls. :wtc:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

Are you two handing the halberd, I'm sure its like a sword if your using 1h and a shield.

Yeah. If I'm not mistaken the 1h has more real or at least feels like it

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Alan Smithee posted:

I tried a couple times

They definitely are.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

96 spacejam posted:

:getout:

Alan Smithee posted:

I tried a couple times

They are but it's hard to do by yourself because they recover and turn pretty quick and also slap you with the shield that's not nice...

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

codo27 posted:

Its a paradise compared to that.

After beating [spoilers]Vordt[/spoilers] you are looking right down on where you go next. When you get down there, if you look back to the Lothric part of the bridge thats out with the dead dragon, opposite all those weird humpback things dead on the ground, there is at least one item I can see. I cant figure out how to get over there, obviously has to be while still at Lothric but I feel like I've been everywhere.

You don't get there from lothric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Fun fact if you look down off the edge of that bridge you can see one of the fiery watchtowers of Farron.