Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Do hosts get more poise than phantoms btw? I've always been interrupted, even by deprived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

96 spacejam posted:

Can someone recommend a walk through? Bunch of bullshit out there atm.

Find the nearest giant monster that makes you say 'what the hell is this bullshit, that's impossible' and grind your face on it until you win. Exult in the splattered entrails of your enemy. Repeat. This has been your Dark Souls walkthrough, hope it helps!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It seemed difficult to get a reliable backstab on those Knights, so I just kited them to the door of the cathedral and poked them from there.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I don't usually get this way over games but the rediculous amount of interconnection in Undead Settlement and places I can see but can't figure out how to get to is making me extremely sad. I don't want to kill any bosses, I just want to find all the shinies :downs:

Are any of the later zones this huge and confusing and full of random buildings and tunnels?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I joined the sunbros and helped some people out after a while. What do I do with these sunlight medals? Is there someone/thing to give them to to increase covenant rank?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

RabidWeasel posted:

I don't usually get this way over games but the rediculous amount of interconnection in Undead Settlement and places I can see but can't figure out how to get to is making me extremely sad. I don't want to kill any bosses, I just want to find all the shinies :downs:

Are any of the later zones this huge and confusing and full of random buildings and tunnels?

This level of complexity is the norm, but later areas get a bit smaller.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Can you respec in this game? Just a quick "yes" or "no" will do :)

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
yarp

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Thanx

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

turtlecrunch posted:

This level of complexity is the norm, but later areas get a bit smaller.

That sounds better, I like poking around in buildings but something about the way that everything is all loving jammed together in this zone makes me feel weird.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You can also change your character's appearance through the same method which is a first in these games. Which is good because mine was pretty uggo.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Is this game playable with KB/M or is it just a poo poo show like the earlier games?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CJacobs posted:

You can also change your character's appearance through the same method which is a first in these games. Which is good because mine was pretty uggo.

Including name/gender?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Why in the gently caress the phantoms I summon won't traverse the boss fog gates, leaving me to fight a buffed boss alone? Is this some sort of bug? It already happened 3 times in a row.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Soarer posted:

Is this game playable with KB/M or is it just a poo poo show like the earlier games?

Perfectly playable without even needing any patch or external script or anything. The only jank I'm finding is menuing, which is still all labeled with xbox buttons. But you can right click and get a selectable list of all the buttons and what they do, so it's still functional.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 376 days!
i am so glad of the slav squat gesture

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ok gently caress the longsword and gently caress every host now having hanzo steel.

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!
Not that any self-respecting goon would play video games on an Xbox One (because it has the wrong kind of RAM, I'm told), but performance is really becoming an issue for me. I downloaded the Xbox version because of the whole early release in English exploit, and 80% of the game looked and ran just fine by my standards. Now that I'm approaching the game's end, half of the areas that I'm in now feel like loving slideshows. All the online disconnects I'm getting aren't helping matters either, but I suppose that could be a problem on my end. Just got killed by a boss because I got booted offline.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
Found the sunbro covenant completely by accident.

Also a terrible fat lady who laughed at me.

Nuggan fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 13, 2016

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hi I found a glitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_EOlsEVj78&feature=youtu.be

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Are all the starting gifts useful or are some more useful than others?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Secret katanaman strat: get him to run off the ledge. For extra comedy points, panic and run off the same ledge to your death.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Nuggan posted:

Found the sunbro covenant completely by accident.

I got shown to it by a sunbro with great navigational skills and highly questionable combat skills.
Lots of oh gently caress moments. It was great.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Are all the starting gifts useful or are some more useful than others?

Depending on how you play, some gifts are more useful than others. But overall, any is fine.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Started as Deprived, got wrecked over and over owing to no armor no knowledge. A couple bosses later I got to a village and lucked into a giant Great Machete drop. The game got a whole lot more fun after that, I love this thing.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

strangemusic posted:

Secret katanaman strat: get him to run off the ledge. For extra comedy points, panic and run off the same ledge to your death.

Does that still let you get his drops?

Also, legit katanaman strat: dude has no poise so stunlock him to death.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

ChaosArgate posted:

Yes, just reload the area and his stuff will be where he originally was.

Normal Souls tech tricks.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Pretty sure the game bricked my computer, so yay I guess?!

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Is there no way to compare vendor gear with what you already have, stats wise?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

nerdz posted:

Why in the gently caress the phantoms I summon won't traverse the boss fog gates, leaving me to fight a buffed boss alone? Is this some sort of bug? It already happened 3 times in a row.

And it just happened again. Am I missing something here?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ChaosArgate posted:

When I tried to archer him he ran into the wall and stood inside it forever so the next run that's how I did it. Him and me spamming r1, but only one of us was wearing plate.

Edit: fog gate thing is a bug that happens, I have been the yellow man watching in sorrow. (And twice the host killed the buffed boss anyway)

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

strangemusic posted:

He'll do it to himself. I stepped outside, and only just turned around fast enough to catch him jumping off. I guess From Software has finally programmed smart AI, that recognizes how good at video games I am???

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Okay this fat bitch reading sermons is pissing me off. She does more damage than a boss Jesus gently caress

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Wow, the Undead Settlement is amazing. The little detour that led to the bro-op session with Siegmayer and eventually led to the Cloranthy Ring was some incredibly fun and satisfying poo poo. I even got a flask of special brew out of it. This game's off to a great start,

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

Okay this fat bitch reading sermons is pissing me off. She does more damage than a boss Jesus gently caress

Dodge away after a hit or two, she can't do poo poo if you're at medium range. Her tracking bolts are strafe friendly if you are close enough.

Also, if she is on fire, stay away.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

Listen closely, I'm pretty sure she says something about "the bastards curse". In short, arrows

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

nerdz posted:

And it just happened again. Am I missing something here?

It's a glitch. Enjoy!

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
How do you become unhollowed?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Winkie01 posted:

How do you become unhollowed?

ember?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Alan Smithee posted:

a boss Jesus gently caress

a good characterization for a fat lady that caves your head in with a bible