Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh yeah, do we have any details on this yet?

Details will be posted the day the patch comes out ;-*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Hi goons, I'm new to GW2! My Engineer likes to shoot people, throw grenades at people and light them on fire! Good times to be had so far! I'm at 18 and I have yet to figure out how to do anything other then shoot dudes at hearts and public events, but its fun.

Any tips for a stupid noobie?

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

NuckmasterJ posted:

Hi goons, I'm new to GW2! My Engineer likes to shoot people, throw grenades at people and light them on fire! Good times to be had so far! I'm at 18 and I have yet to figure out how to do anything other then shoot dudes at hearts and public events, but its fun.

Game is dead, no one plays it, don't go to Rata Sum and play the Super Adventure Box, its a lie, a trick, and a deceit of the imperialist pigs trying to subvert Juche will.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tivac posted:

Details will be posted the day the patch comes out ;-*

You cocktease.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

CLAM DOWN posted:

You cocktease.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

NuckmasterJ posted:

I just started too, so the only tip I have is get in the guild and have fun. Leveling is piss easy and turning your murder guy/gal into the prettiest thing that kills is the goal I think.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

PathAsc posted:

I just started too, so the only tip I have is get in the guild and have fun. Leveling is piss easy and turning your murder guy/gal into the prettiest thing that kills is the goal I think.

I have not really found out how to get in the guild yet. I've mostly been throwing grenades at things that move. I'll try to get on that tonight!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

NuckmasterJ posted:

I have not really found out how to get in the guild yet. I've mostly been throwing grenades at things that move. I'll try to get on that tonight!

Guilds and instructions are in the up to date and fabulously decorated OP.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I just wanted to pop in and say I was hunting down an old post in the previous GW2 thread and holy crow that thread got so many posts and moved so fast and it's pretty depressing when you compare it to this one :laffo:

Also,

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh yeah, do we have any details on this yet?
free level 80s. mark my words.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm not particularly sure why a large patch that's supposed to 'improve' the state of things isn't going to have details revealed until the day-of, but okay

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm not particularly sure why a large patch that's supposed to 'improve' the state of things isn't going to have details revealed until the day-of, but okay

No content.

Just like my posts.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Johnny Joestar posted:

Why wouldn't it, necessarily? Patch notes have pretty much always been on the day of.

So kakapo and I were checking out the SFD guild hall yesterday, and it was really loving cool. We have an rear end ton of empty space (especially above water) in the goon hall, so why not make a part of it sab zone? The only thing I can think of are the lovely decoration limit. Do we still have mountains lined in pumpkins abive the skybox in the guild hall?

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Johnny Joestar posted:

They've got six devs working on the patch notes and it will only take six months. Fortunately this ties in exactly with their schedule and so will be there on patch day.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sprite141 posted:

Why wouldn't it, necessarily? Patch notes have pretty much always been on the day of.

maybe it's just me, but it feels like if they're trying to mend some of the ill will they've had thrown their way recently they could at least give a bit of a cliff's notes version a few days in advance to gauge reactions and maybe get people interested again earlier than expected.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
One of the devs leaked some notes from a wvw dev meeting, they look pretty good. It's already created a silly amount of hype in the community, bunch of players/guilds have come back already.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

Visidan posted:

One of the devs leaked some notes from a wvw dev meeting, they look pretty good. It's already created a silly amount of hype in the community, bunch of players/guilds have come back already.

WvW is being replaced with a SPvP version of SAB and leaderboards. Guilds can build their own castles kind of like minecraft and put siege and traps in and around them.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
It has occurred to me that I have done a great disservice to goons by not sharing with them the pinnacle of fashion!

The absolute peak of beauty!

The light that shall brighten your drab lives!

BEHOLD

Perfection

Also in BLOOM-O-VISION.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
That's not to shabby!

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

The objectively best hairstyle, a correct choice

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I just wanted to pop in and say I was hunting down an old post in the previous GW2 thread and holy crow that thread got so many posts and moved so fast and it's pretty depressing when you compare it to this one :laffo:

Last thread had 56k posts in almost exactly two years. This one has 10k posts in 6 months.

A statistically significant difference in post rate, but not like an order of magnitude or anything!

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Schpyder posted:

Last thread had 56k posts in almost exactly two years. This one has 10k posts in 6 months.

A statistically significant difference in post rate, but not like an order of magnitude or anything!

but there was an order of magnitude for content

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Schpyder posted:

This one's been slowing down over time though.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well it makes sense it be a bit slower, year 1 had all the temporary content, year 2 was mostly "wow this writing is poo poo" and year 3 is mostly about how poo poo the expansion is and people leaving in droves.

I hope Cletus isn't a big stinky liar and the patch revitalizes the game a bit, I miss my pub guild. :smith:

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are

Visidan posted:

link or gtfo

Edit: Found it.

Tivac fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Apr 13, 2016

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tivac posted:

link or gtfo

Oh maaaaaaaaan I hope those are true :ohdear:

Tivac dont say a word let me dream

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Norn are like onions.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Tivac posted:

link or gtfo

Oh, you guys were actually talking about this? Yeah I read it, it's a decent fan fiction, but they screw up at a few parts, notably the over-extended paragraph about listening to community feedback and tossing ideas to them before implementation, that sounds too much like it was written by a jaded gamer rather than an actual dev.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
In all honestly, just the stability change would do a lot to bring back a decent amount of the WvW crowd. A lot of WvWers like playing melee and hate the current range meta and the stability nerf, mixed with the damage increases pretty much all classes have gotten over time, has made playing melee in WvW miserable in T1 and T2. Gets even worse since fewer people are playing melee which means each melee player is getting hit by more AoEs since there are fewer melee to soak them.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Bring back hammer trains.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hit 80, got some princess poo poo and geared up. This is way more fun, especially knowing the clunky underwater poo poo is done for me once I finish up my story in not-HoT. Gooms told me to come fight a big dragon today, and I only died once, so that's good enough for me!

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

PathAsc posted:

Hit 80, got some princess poo poo and geared up. This is way more fun, especially knowing the clunky underwater poo poo is done for me once I finish up my story in not-HoT. Gooms told me to come fight a big dragon today, and I only died once, so that's good enough for me!

Listen here, fun-haver, you take that uppity good times poo poo somewhere else.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Speaking of fun, good wvwednesday guys. We went for nearly two hours against a queued Darkhaven zerg taking their ebg keep and claiming it for SFD.

The wvw hype is real, tons of people were back. Unfortunately my computer was on fire due to hundreds of players farting particles all over the place so I couldn't get any video.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
http://talkobamato.me/synthesize.py?speech_key=d1b198ec9056a4db067e6a6fee1c5e41

You heard the man.

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Here's a trailer(?) for upcoming patch (?) I guess (?)
It shows a bunch of areas that are already in the game, some dude rp walking with an upgrade to the ugly fractal pack I think and some kinda ugly bow and that's it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PDsORWyb50

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸
It's good to really see them move their focus away from talking about content and actually shipping it, it looks like it's really about to pay off

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

as NapoleonAtWaterloo said, it looks like a bunch of stuff already in the game, plus rp walk. not sure what content you're talking about.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Nice to see half the trailer is still "hey, buy the game!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
What's the simplest, most brain-dead conquest build? I'm looking to farm tomes.

• Locked thread