Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Well, my maxed Phasma is gonna stay in the lead for my Arena squad, I guess. I haven't gotten really creative, the whole time I've been running maxed Phasma/Lumi/Sid/Kylo and I rotate Daka and Yoda into the fifth spot.

My Jedi B-team just pisses me off these days because almost everyone runs Sid and I'm getting goddamn tired of him evading more than half of everything I throw at him. QGJ & Yoda are really angling to get on the A-team for good but QGJ isn't maxed yet and he gets iced first among everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
Slower characters do more damage?

Armor now more effective?

Phasma makes my boba team explode the poo poo out of things with auto crits?

Too bad Boba Fett is still going to suck. :(

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I hope Phasma gets good again. I starred/geared her a while ago and I pretty much never use her outside of DS battles or GW.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Aadoniel posted:

The patch notes are so vague nobody can tell if this is actually going to change anything at all.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
So what to spend GW credits on... I have 7*d Phasma, 86, Lumi, Poggle, RP...

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Aadoniel posted:

Phasma makes my boba team explode the poo poo out of things with auto crits?

Too bad Boba Fett is still going to suck. :(

Two turns of crit, adding 88, assaji and lando would be insane. In fact lando+phasma is probably the basis for a exceptionally strong aoe team. With lando's aoe resting it's cool down if it crits more than once and gaining bonus damage (up to +75% at max rank).

So lando gains the ability to spam his aoe and boost its damage, a aoe crit from assaji is basically a full heal and resets cool down if it kills someone. And 88's aoe already does great damage and again gives him basicly a full heal on use as well. Hell I might be missing someone who is better with aoe. Hell like grand Muppet tarkin, his aoe has a chance to reduce enemy turn meter.

I really wish they would do something about the droid/credit issue. I have been bouncing between having one but never the other. Last time I was up to like 14.5m and no droids to train with now I have over 1000 droids and no loving money.

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

Jibo posted:

I had cut Sid but I recently added him back in. I see a lot of Jedi teams lately and his life/turn meter gain whenever a unit dies is still pretty great even if his statuses aren't that relevant any more and his damage is mid-low compared to most other damage dealers these days.

Eventually I'll get around to finishing GS and probably replace him for good.

This has been my experience as a 100% lazy pooper-player. I'm in it for "lol collect-them-all, now with Star Wars!" and am pretty happy to sit at rank 999-700 in PvP, so getting too meta distracts from actually playing while pooping.

Also, hello. I've been playing for a bit, but haven't hopped into the thread because :effort:. Adding my Ally Code to The Sheet!

Also, how the poo poo does the ally thing actually work? Like, does someone need to use me as an ally before I can use them? It seems hella arbitrary.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Munkaboo posted:

Unlock all toons, Ash.

After that? uh... Magmatrooper?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Munkaboo posted:

The correct answer is 7* Teebo

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
So in light of the upcoming advantage changes, I was looking at my characters to see which of them gets any special benefit from a crit:

1. Luke has a guaranteed (barring resist) stun on his special
2. GS gets 30% turn meter
3. HK47 as leader gives droids that crit 50% turn meter

These are just for characters that I have with a decent number of stars/levels. I'm sure there are some other bonuses out there.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

So in light of the upcoming advantage changes, I was looking at my characters to see which of them gets any special benefit from a crit:

1. Luke has a guaranteed (barring resist) stun on his special
2. GS gets 30% turn meter
3. HK47 as leader gives droids that crit 50% turn meter

These are just for characters that I have with a decent number of stars/levels. I'm sure there are some other bonuses out there.

Here's a full list of Crit synergy. A lot of these don't really synergize with Phasma, as this lists anyone with a crit up or crit damage up kind of ability:
http://www.swgohcantina.com/tag/critical/

Looking at these, something along the lines of Boba (L), QGJ, GS, 88, Phasma would do quite well. Obv. Leia would be good in there too. HK-47 as lead with Droids + Phasma would be good, but I think Poggle is still better as lead with Droids + GS, but Phasma could maybe fit in there too. You could also build this around Boba, Phasma, 88, and Lando for an AOE death squad, but with Dooku leading most squads, I think AOE squads are generally bad unless you can nuke Dooku first.

I think anyone with a counterstrike gets a lot better with the protection stat...Dooku and Fives seem to gain the most here, but I think you'll see whales running a lot more IGD led Aayla/Fisto squads (35%/100%/80% cs), probably with QGJ and GS/Dooku/RG/whatever.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
More like Count Fucku

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna see what an arena team of Dooku (L), Phasma, GS, Lumi, QGJ does for me, since it seems like the best squad I can put together with characters that I've already invested a lot in.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I'm probably going to leave the last node of the GW uncompleted until after the patch tomorrow. It should be a good way to check how the new changes apply, doesn't cost any energy, and can be constantly restarted.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I only log in and grind some shards and poo poo each day but next month I will be in Japan with no consoles/PC so I am planning to actually put more effort into this game. As a F2P player how do I level up my dudes the best. I feel like credits are the big bottleneck?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Tank challenge IV for those that are having difficulty:

Unlock Teebo. Level to ~55. Max his leader ability, and then get his basic attack to level 3:

Stealth Takedown – Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If Teebo is Stealthed, also remove 75% Turn Meter.

Guerrilla Warfare – Allies have a 55% chance to gain Stealth for 1 turn at the beginning of their turns and a 25% Chance to gain 25% Turn Meter at the end of their turns.

He also has this as a backup plan:

Ewok Scramble Tactics – Ewok allies gain 100% Turn Meter and Teebo gains Stealth for 3 Turns.

Get Poe and RG leveled up (they don't even need that many stars -- but more stars = more damage) and you win.

E: Even though my whole team was making bad life decisions, I was able to auto through his fight (with him selected) -- just lost FOST and Poe.

E2: Just hit level 74. Now to reap the benefit of pre-made MK5 Arakyd Droid callers (I have 5). Also, for anyone interested, level 73-74 is 200k Credits per hero.

I now have G9 QGJ and Daka. There are two new items called MK 5 Carbanti Sensor Array and MK8 BAW Armor Mod. The Sensor array requires two armor mods, which require 2 MK7 electrobinoculars, which takes 2 mk3 detonators, which takes some items + 1 mk3 detonator prototype, which requires 5 salvage items, so you're looking at 20-40 detonator salvage, plus the other random stuff, which you probably already have. Have fun farming!

There's also another item (MK 7 Nubian Security Scanner) that requires MK11 BlasTech Weapon Mod Salvage -- unfarmable item.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Apr 13, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I just realized something else with the new patch -- make sure you dont turn in your arena quest until after the patch, it is going from 100 to 200 arena tokens. If your 6:00 PM comes before the patch, you can get an extra 100 tokens by doing this.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
In case anyone hadn't seen:

Here are the character Shards that will be available in the Stage 7 Cantina Battles starting this Thursday (4/14/2016).

7-A: Tusken Raider
7-B: Snowtrooper
7-C: Royal Guard
7-E: Ima-Gun Di
7-G: Jedi Knight Anakin

Some really great characters in here, hope you all enjoy these new ways to obtain them!

RG, Anakin, IGD......gonna be farming Cantina forever drat it

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

You could also build this around Boba, Phasma, 88, and Lando for an AOE death squad, but with Dooku leading most squads, I think AOE squads are generally bad unless you can nuke Dooku first.

Killing a leader doesn't remove the leader buff so the order wouldn't matter.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
So there's an Ewok event ongoing for iOS users. 3 tiers, requirements are 3 x 2*, 4*, or 6* ewoks. As luck would have it, I have 3 x 2* ewoks, and the first tier was trivial with them all in the 30s. Rewards were some ewok shards, an ability material, and some high level training droids.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Look at this lovely ewok event. Did the first tier, screw the rest.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I -almost- bought the stupid 20 dollar pack before I pulled up and said "wait, what am I doing?"

I had previously promised someone on here that I'd nut-punch myself if I spent another dime.

Can't wait for my 7 star Ima Gun Di for GW purposes. https://vid.me/RWzy

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 14, 2016

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

cowofwar posted:

Look at this lovely ewok event. Did the first tier, screw the rest.

Same, it'd be an awesome event if it gave credits to help promote those Ewoks you have to use. The credit crunch is real!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Did the big update drop, or just the Ewok stuff? Looks like the latter, since I ran a few GW stages and didn't see any kind of Protection stat, but maybe that'll only apply once I reset the GW tonight?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I don't know but I don't like these new health bars. They kinda don't make sense.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Jenny Angel posted:

Did the big update drop, or just the Ewok stuff? Looks like the latter, since I ran a few GW stages and didn't see any kind of Protection stat, but maybe that'll only apply once I reset the GW tonight?
There was a 5MB in-game download but I don't notice anything different.

I was in a pvp round and an enemy speed team took like 12 loving turns in a row and their damage was not reduced in any noticeable way, not surprised that this game is still retarded poo poo

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Syrinxx posted:

There was a 5MB in-game download but I don't notice anything different.

The update is in the App Store for iOS.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Ah sweet. Downloaded the update, cleared out my last two GW stages... I still can't see any kind of protection stat? The only visible difference to health bars was that they now have far fewer increments, which is nice for legibility purposes. Again, maybe protection will start showing up after I reset or try another mode.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hughlander posted:

Killing a leader doesn't remove the leader buff so the order wouldn't matter.

Yeah, but AOE against a 100% counter is pretty bad. Then again, AOE against a 15+% dodge/offence up is also bad, so I get your point.

Chilichimp posted:

I -almost- bought the stupid 20 dollar pack before I pulled up and said "wait, what am I doing?"

I had previously promised someone on here that I'd nut-punch myself if I spent another dime.

Can't wait for my 7 star Ima Gun Di for GW purposes. https://vid.me/RWzy

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't spent a dime since that agreement either.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Jenny Angel posted:

Ah sweet. Downloaded the update, cleared out my last two GW stages... I still can't see any kind of protection stat? The only visible difference to health bars was that they now have far fewer increments, which is nice for legibility purposes. Again, maybe protection will start showing up after I reset or try another mode.

They're doing several updates over the course of the day. This first one was for the ewok event and to put some infrastructure in place to support the protection ability.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Makes sense. Some of the mechanical changes appear to already be in place, e.g. Advantage giving 100% crit rather than armor penetration.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I bought the Ewok pack since 100% of the money goes to a good charity. :shobon:

Chirpa seems cool but not cool enough to spend time/money on other than that though.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

I bought the Ewok pack since 100% of the money goes to a good charity. :shobon:

Chirpa seems cool but not cool enough to spend time/money on other than that though.

I've actually seen a couple videos of full Ewok teams -- they get an absurd amount of turn meter once you have them all leveled. Here are the level 70 abilities for Ewoks:

http://www.swgohcantina.com/tag/ewok/

Something to note with Chirpa:

Tribal Unity - Grant all allies speed up for 2 turns, then call three random ewok allies and one other random ally to assist. these assists deal 50% less damage.

So, if you have 4 Ewoks + Rey, this will call on Scout, Teebo, Elder, AND Rey to attack. Then, if Chirpa is lead, all your Ewoks will gain 18% turn meter, and Rey will gain 9%. Elder then has a 60% chance to give 50% turn meter to ewoks, and 25% to others. Ewok Scout will have a 40% chance to remove 50% turn meter. If Teebo is stealthed, he'll also remove 75% turn meter. So, after that, it will probably be Ewoks turn again. If not, Teebo can give all Ewok allies (including himself) 100% turn meter, and he gains stealth. Chief Chirpa then gives all your little Ewoks retribution for 2 turns, which triggers basic attacks and does ALL of the above again if anyone attacks your precious little Ewoks.. It's pretty absurd. Scout and Elder are obviously the hardest to obtain here, but we do get an additional node for each from level 8 hard missions, so it'll be slightly better. I've got Elder almost to 5*, and scout almost to 4*, so, while it will take a long time, it's not an impossible task.

Also, don't forget that Ewok Elder gets two revive abilities -- one is guaranteed for one random ally, while the other is a % chance to revive any ally, much like Daka. Run Daka as your 5th, and your opponents will have a hard time keeping your heroes down.

Realistically, I would still probably replace Scout with Rey/QGJ/GS/FOTP, and run Daka/RG/something as my 5th, but, I'm curious enough to keep farming Scout.

EA_Jesse posted:

Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes, Apple, and WWF are working together to protect life on our planet. From now until April 24th, WWF will receive 100% of the proceeds from all Ewok bundle purchases.

Chilichimp posted:

I hereby release you from this pact for the purchase of one Ewok Elder pack. Pact remains in effect for all other purchases. Ewoks and WWF, what can I say?

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 14, 2016

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

So now there is no way to tell which opposing characters have the least power at the beginning of the encounter. Stupid.

Edit: I guess I'm wrong about that.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
The swgoh cantina guys have posted a list of attack damage changes and protection numbers here:
http://swgoh.gg/abilities/rebalance/
http://swgoh.gg/characters/stats/#protection

The tl:dr is that damage in general went down, and that rey is still star of the show. Yoda's aoe took a massive hit.
The protection numbers are pretty similar to the character base health. Hopefully they moderated this somewhat for PvE, otherwise fights are going to take forever.

Also, these are all tentative, best guess kind of thing based on their interpretation of the data, so it's not verified or anything.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

The swgoh cantina guys have posted a list of attack damage changes and protection numbers here:

The tl:dr is that damage in general went down, and that rey is still star of the show. Yoda's aoe took a massive hit.
The protection numbers are pretty similar to the character base health. Hopefully they moderated this somewhat for PvE, otherwise fights are going to take forever.

Also, these are all tentative, best guess kind of thing based on their interpretation of the data, so it's not verified or anything.

SWGOH.GG posted:

Royal Guard 26,798 26,258 251 159 72% 5%

If you don't already have RG, get him now. This is ridiculous. You'll either need an AOE death squad or...um....your own RG if you don't want to lose to him.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

If you don't already have RG, get him now. This is ridiculous. You'll either need an AOE death squad or...um....your own RG if you don't want to lose to him.

Been working on him for a while and should be able to start farming his shards in the Cantina some time next week. :dance:

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Malgrin posted:

He was already amazing, this is just a truckload of protective icing on the cake. Did health numbers decrease when protection was implemented or have characters just literally doubled in health? I'm in a new league at level 43 and I'm already cutting it close to the margin on finishing some arena battles in 5 minutes.

On an related note, what happens if an Arena battle times out? Do you just automatically lose, or is the winner calculated based on characters left standing or something like that?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Vulpes posted:

He was already amazing, this is just a truckload of protective icing on the cake. Did health numbers decrease when protection was implemented or have characters just literally doubled in health? I'm in a new league at level 43 and I'm already cutting it close to the margin on finishing some arena battles in 5 minutes.

On an related note, what happens if an Arena battle times out? Do you just automatically lose, or is the winner calculated based on characters left standing or something like that?

I've got RG to 4, about halfway to 5.

You just lose. I have a bad feeling about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Davethulhu posted:

Yoda's AOE didn't take a massive hit, at least not as big as it looks on the comparison. The max rank of his ability that swgoh.gg is using to compare had an unreasonably large increase, since they hosed up a zero or something when increasing the damage for that rank.

Also it's a good thing I've been farming Royal Guard this whole time, he's 85/100 now.

• Locked thread