Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

My last pull on the Tactics Banner gets me 10 3 Stars and one 4 star. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Dr Pepper posted:

My last pull on the Tactics Banner gets me 10 3 Stars and one 4 star. :negative:

Not the last, there's still time to get more mythril!

:ohdear:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Drat. My team can handle two waves of the final battle in Agrias' level but when I get to the third my resources are spent. The problem is if I bring a powerful RW attack, the enemies are too strong for me to handle the damage, and if I bring a powerful RW defense spell, I can't damage the enemies well enough.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Twelve by Pies posted:

Drat. My team can handle two waves of the final battle in Agrias' level but when I get to the third my resources are spent. The problem is if I bring a powerful RW attack, the enemies are too strong for me to handle the damage, and if I bring a powerful RW defense spell, I can't damage the enemies well enough.

Do you have access to Draw Fire? If you do, use an attack RW, and pop Draw Fire on the second wave while focusing down the Knight. Your AoE SSB should be able to one-shot the other two waves, and the second wave does almost no damage outside of the Knight (who you can nullify with Retaliate + Draw Fire).

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Can someone mention again what the good auto battle RMs are? If we are getting new dailies and there's finally a reason to do them again, we might as well get prepped.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
*gets Ramza to 65*

*BATTLEFORGED in the 2nd fight*

Buttpants, youre alright!

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Lechtansi posted:

Can someone mention again what the good auto battle RMs are? If we are getting new dailies and there's finally a reason to do them again, we might as well get prepped.

- Thunderstroke
- (+20% weapon damage here)
- Thunderstroke
- Auto-haste
- "Attack" * 1.2, less SB
- Thunderstroke
- ATK +10/20% (Rebel Might, Dragoon's Determination, etc).

Basically anything that makes your numbers either higher or faster.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Lechtansi posted:

Niton posted:

- Thunderstroke
- Thunderstroke
- Auto-haste
- Thunderstroke

And arguably the Auto-Berserk ones too.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Niton posted:

- Thunderstroke
- Thunderstroke
- Auto-haste
- Thunderstroke

Raw Power is great as well.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Do people regularly just hit "Auto Battle" for even stuff like the Tuesday + daily? I guess my IV synergy is kind of crap, but the monsters in there hit pretty hard, and I don't think I'd do well just having my guys mindlessly attack. I still tend to rely on a mage to Ruinga/Meteor my way through most dailies. I'm guessing the ++ dailies won't make autobattling more advisable.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Personally, I'm very lazy so I rely on autobattle for just about everything but bosses. So I've been trying to get Garnet's RM3 ahead of the new dailies for that sweet, sweet auto-heal.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Schwartzcough posted:

Do people regularly just hit "Auto Battle" for even stuff like the Tuesday + daily? I guess my IV synergy is kind of crap, but the monsters in there hit pretty hard, and I don't think I'd do well just having my guys mindlessly attack. I still tend to rely on a mage to Ruinga/Meteor my way through most dailies. I'm guessing the ++ dailies won't make autobattling more advisable.

For the + battles I just bring a mage with Quake/Ruinga and Auto-Haste

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Schwartzcough posted:

I can autobattle through + dailies but since the Tuesday + second stage is the better one to run, I take a mage/mostly-mage party with Spring RMs and such so that I don't have exit out for HP and/or ability refills.

Lechtansi posted:

On top of what's been mentioned, if you want to take mages for autobattling: Garnet's RM2 turns Attack into a heal, Selphie's RM2 turns Attack into a MND-based holy attack, and Vivi's RM3 turns Attack into a MAG-based non-elemental attack.

edit: \/ I haven't tried it myself but from what I've read, yes

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 13, 2016

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

iPodschun posted:

On top of what's been mentioned, if you want to take mages for autobattling: Garnet's RM2 turns Attack into a heal, Selphie's RM2 turns Attack into a MND-based holy attack, and Vivi's RM3 turns Attack into a MAG-based non-elemental attack.

Will autobattle make Garnet's RM user target people on your team who need healing instead of the monsters?

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Aerox posted:

Will autobattle make Garnet's RM user target people on your team who need healing instead of the monsters?

Yes, as does Vanille's (which is 2x stronger than Garnet's.)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Aerox posted:

It auto-targets whomever on your team has the lowest HP.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Niton posted:

Do you have access to Draw Fire? If you do, use an attack RW, and pop Draw Fire on the second wave while focusing down the Knight. Your AoE SSB should be able to one-shot the other two waves, and the second wave does almost no damage outside of the Knight (who you can nullify with Retaliate + Draw Fire).

I actually just made Draw Fire this morning! I don't have Retaliate though, I didn't even know it existed until I googled it and found out there's a "Group 2" under "Other." I missed that this whole time somehow. I'll give it another shot then, though it's slightly dependent on if I can find a good enough RW.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Ok so does Agrias's 20% knight damage RM add the damage directly to the attack and not after the hit like weapon damage RMs do or what? I just murdered Ogopogo (classic) and everyone (except Tyro, and Ramza's hail of stones was only 8.5k per hit) was doing 9999 damage hits but knight skills were not doing a post-damage HP bar shift like you'll see when using weapon RMs and attacking.

Niton posted:

Or do this but use a Cloud BSB and pray your strongest character can burn stuff down with his quad cut skill.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Schwartzcough posted:

Actually, the ++ daily is generally easier than the +, at least in my experience.

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
Well, I'm grumbly to admit it, but a Shout RW at least got me a complete on the FFT fight for Saint's Cross and Ramza's RM2. (Just a little bitter that I'm like 0/27 on the banner for relics.)

At least the daily resets will give me a chance for a few more cult pulls before Friday...

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

KnoxZone posted:

Actually, the ++ daily is generally easier than the +, at least in my experience.

Is the pot spawn rate higher in ++, or is the only appeal of spending the 30 extra stamina the extra greens/3* orbs?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Or do this but use a Cloud BSB and pray your strongest character can burn stuff down with his quad cut skill.

I ended up getting a Beatrix RW with Seiken Stock Break which was enough to KO the Black Mages and seriously damage the Whites/Knights. I finally got Agrias, though I didn't master the dungeon. Don't think I'll be able to get their MCs unless I get ridiculously lucky enough to pull Platinum Sword/Kaiser Shield when I do the 11 pull in a couple of days (I'm at 35 Mythril now).

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Niton posted:

- Thunderstroke
- Thunderstroke
- Auto-haste
- Thunderstroke

also Zealot if time is a bigger concern for you than damage.

Schwartzcough posted:

I never autobattle the + dailies, especially the Tuesday one since it's arguably the most difficult with those dragons with ~7500 HP constantly hitting AOE Heat Rays. I just put Ruinga/Meteor and a Haste RM on whoever can carry black magic (in today's case, Golbez)

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Is the pot spawn rate higher in ++, or is the only appeal of spending the 30 extra stamina the extra greens/3* orbs?

I don't think there's any official numbers out there, but a Japanese wiki has some numbers comparing 50 Round 1 loops of EX and EX+ (our + and ++ respectively). Apparently the rates were adjusted when Gysahl Greens were added to the mix (presumably Global will be getting the post-gyshal rates for our dungeons). The overall gist of it is follows:

Similar pot spawn rate
Better Major orb drop rate off of ++ from pots (in fact, they got no Major orbs from pots in their 50 runs in +, but this could be a sampling error)
MUCH better Greater orb drop rate off of regular mobs in ++
Slight chance of Major orb drop from regular mobs in ++?
gyshal green drop rate the same, but the amount dropped is double in ++ (around 1000 vs 500).

The wiki concludes that ++ is hands down the better dungeon to farm, but take from that what you will.

The wiki page I got this from.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I think I found my ideal all-purpose physical team when facing physical-heavy bosses. Obviously, different weapon synergy depending on realms and the nature of medal conditions and Ultimates in general might require tweaks (such as the addition of a mage or two, bringing along Yuffie for Clear Tranquil, etc) but I think what I have below can absolutely murder things most of the time and not even need a wall RW to pull it off.

All characters are level 80

Gilgamesh w/ Lifesiphon and Leeching Leap/AOE Samurai; RM: Ace Striker SSB: Faithful Companion
Agrias w/ Lifesiphon and Saint Cross; RM: Battleforged SB: Cleansing Strike
Steiner w/ Armor Strike and Draw Fire; RM: Lionheart SB: Sword Art Stock Break
Ramza w/ Full Break and [Power/Magic/Armor] Breakdown; RM: Knight's Charge SB: Hail of Stones
Garnet w/ Curaga and Protectga/Shellga/Diaga/Maduin; RM: Dr. Mog's Teachings SSB: Divine Guardian

Obviously missing from this is wall or medica. The idea is to use a RW PP/Shout and murder down whatever it is that threatens me. Agrias and Ramza provide mitigation, Steiner works as a meat shield and gets his SB gauge up a bit quicker thanks to Lionheart, Armor Strike is just there for huge damage thanks to the defensive buffs. Thanks to Draw Fire on Steiner, Garnet can focus on single-target heals on him when needed. Protectga can be an optional thing, maybe Shellga to mitigate a bit if the boss has some magic to throw around, else Diaga/Maduin is a good option as extra damage. Gilgamesh is there to provide the most physical damage possible, obviously.

If magic damage is needed though, then my RW strategy probably changes entirely, but I do have Vivi and Rinoa and their SSBs in the ready. Or, if a medica is really needed, then I probably would end up swapping out Steiner, give his meatshield duty to Greg/Agrias, and then bring along Yuffie.

The big theme above though is definitely Knights. Knights are really starting to shine now, and it seems they're only going to get better over time.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Twelve by Pies posted:

I ended up getting a Beatrix RW with Seiken Stock Break which was enough to KO the Black Mages and seriously damage the Whites/Knights. I finally got Agrias, though I didn't master the dungeon. Don't think I'll be able to get their MCs unless I get ridiculously lucky enough to pull Platinum Sword/Kaiser Shield when I do the 11 pull in a couple of days (I'm at 35 Mythril now).

Don't worry about this too much. You'll be able to buy their MCs and MC2s from the Hall of Rites eventually.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I for one am looking forward to some crazy numbers in the ++ Sundaily. I also need to figure out a new strategy if it's that much better.

Before all this, I fed new event level 1 characters one Major Egg and then take them into the daily with a Black Mage or Summoner and bring them up to 50, break them, and usually forget about them. I had surmised that if I wanted someone freshly at level 50 brought to 65 in the same amount of time, they'd need 4 Major Eggs. Since almost every new character will be coming with their MC2 already available, I want to be able to skip the whole 1 to 50 phase, and only grind people from 50 to 65. Plus, that way, they can use Ace Pilot, shortening the time.

You know, thinking about it... since Ace Pilot introduces some randomness into the whole deal, I should probably egg them only post-grinding rather than pre-grinding. That'll make things a lot simpler. The pre-egging with level 1 characters just helps them, you know, not die in one hit. 50 characters are fine there. Yeah. Typing it out helped me think it through. If anyone else wants to use this silly strategy, hopefully it helps you. Also, Relm's EXP Booster can go towards any babysitter Black Mages I obtain since with a honed Meteor, that and Ruinga can last through 9 waves... that is, assuming Ruinga will still one-shot ++ daily enemies. We'll see.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Yeah, my best mage rod having 109 Magic is really starting to show its age. I have more MND-based 5* rods than MAG ones. Maybe I should pull on Relm 1 after all- even Strago's rod has 120 magic, just going to show how quickly power creep is taking hold- that's 2 MAG more than Terra's SSB rod, and his is just a normal SB weapon.

Anyway, friendly reminder to everyone to burn their stamina by 10 PM PST, before the maintenance!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm working my way through the FFT event but drat the Monastery Vaults - First level is kicking my rear end. That dude has so much drat health. How are people beating that dude?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Evil Fluffy posted:

Ok so does Agrias's 20% knight damage RM add the damage directly to the attack and not after the hit like weapon damage RMs do or what? I just murdered Ogopogo (classic) and everyone (except Tyro, and Ramza's hail of stones was only 8.5k per hit) was doing 9999 damage hits but knight skills were not doing a post-damage HP bar shift like you'll see when using weapon RMs and attacking.

Completely anecdotal, but I think the +damage rm's still cap at 9999, and are showing you the accurate number when they hit. I have had plenty of times where I hit 9999 with someone and didn't see the health bar move the second time like it does when you're not damage capped.

Schwartzcough posted:

Anyway, friendly reminder to everyone to burn their stamina by 10 PM PST, before the maintenance!

Probably actually 11pst since daylight savings time throws them off for some reason.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Oh, now i understand that extra damage hop, didn't realize it tied into the RMs. Neat!

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
So wait the weapon RMs can break the damage cap or is the hop calculated as part of the shown damage number?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

It's part of the damage number, so no, they don't let you break the damage cap. The initial health bar drop is what you would've done without the RM, and then it takes off an extra 20%, but the number it displays is the total damage.

Apropos of nothing, I think everyone should aim for an AoE slow SB. It might not be trinity levels of importance, but I got Rinoa's Angel Wing Quake from a lucky draw a long time ago and that thing has earned its keep a million times over. Slow is a really common vulnerability, so it's super useful for multi-target boss fights, even with the cruddy earth damage.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh, so that's what that little damage hop is; I've been confused by that for a while now.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Schwartzcough posted:

Apropos of nothing, I think everyone should aim for an AoE slow SB. It might not be trinity levels of importance, but I got Rinoa's Angel Wing Quake from a lucky draw a long time ago and that thing has earned its keep a million times over. Slow is a really common vulnerability, so it's super useful for multi-target boss fights, even with the cruddy earth damage.

Locke's Mirage Dive will earn its place in the current meta yet!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Schwartzcough posted:

It's part of the damage number, so no, they don't let you break the damage cap. The initial health bar drop is what you would've done without the RM, and then it takes off an extra 20%, but the number it displays is the total damage.

Ninja Chainmail is on the Beginner banner and that 100% AoE slow proc rate is definitely worth considering if you don't need/want mage gear or guns/katanas/spears.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Next AoE 100% Slow is.... Serah's Ultima Arrow (XIII). Dangerously close to BSB Fest though.

Edit: If you're not chasing the Thyrus, the Ninja Chainmail is also on the second 14 banner with Y'shtola's SSB (Protect+Shell+High regen), and her Medica.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Apr 13, 2016

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

So, the Tyro's Selection banner just went up in Japan. The banner itself is Organics (7), Peacemaker, Maduin's Horn, Golden Armor (2), Fairy Flute, Yoichi Bow (5), generic bracer. The selection of items you can pick from for each 11-pull on the banner (max 3 11-pulls) are:

• Sara's Hand of the Emperor equivalent (!!!)
  • Leila's Boon equivalent (!!!)
  • Arc's AOE heal
  • Rosa's robe
  • Faris's wallbreak
  • Locke's AOE slow
  • Red XIII's Lunatic High (!!!)
  • Rinoa's AOE slow
  • Garnet's Leviathan
  • Yuna's Hymn of the Fayth (!!!)
  • Ashe's second SB
  • Vanille's Blessing of Oerba
  • Thancred's dagger
  • Ramza's Tailwind (!!!)

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I have like 6 of those choice ones so hopefully they change them for Global :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

MotU posted:

I have like 6 of those choice ones so hopefully they change them for Global :v:

I look forward to them changing half the list with early 2015 relics again.

• Locked thread