Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Notorious QIG posted:

The orange soapstone was inside you all along

(Check your menu bar, one of the options is Messages. There's no orange soapstone, just like Dark Souls 2.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Jade Mage posted:

Seriously, thanks codo

I love this game. I love the republic

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Reminder to just do it

https://zippy.gfycat.com/GlamorousUniqueAmurstarfish.webm

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

There's no NPC summons for Tree boss, right?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can't imagine the AI would handle the trees unique boss design very well.

What do you guys think are the best weapons to use against multiple human opponents? I'm thinking something that has sweeping attacks over a large radius. Cowardly phantoms basically glue themselves to their host, so I bet it wouldn't be hard to get them all stunlocked with the right weapon.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Where can I find buttloads of titanite to feed my new weapon addiction?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

RBA Starblade posted:

Where can I find buttloads of titanite to feed my new weapon addiction?

Kill everything. Pillage everything. I ended up with like 20+ in like an hour.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i just rerolled out of pyro, really wasnt enjoying it sadly :( going to go with the good old massive 2h build.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nevermind, I'm blind.

plape tickler fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 13, 2016

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Mad phantom trolling in low level zones is the greatest thing ever. New people have no idea what mad phantoms are about, and you can plausibly pass as a friendly since you're hostile to everything. I just ran some dude all the way through Undead Settlement then backstabbed him when he got to the fog door and started trying to summon people.

Make sure you turn VOIP up so you can hear them scream at you.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

plape tickler posted:

To fight the Tree's Balls? If so I already beat that. Could someone tell me how to get the little King guy to show up in firelink shrine? I haven't seen him.

Nope. Go right, away from the stairs. You'll find some heavies across a gorge.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Seriously though, where do you go after you kill the tree by stabbing it in the nuts? There's nowhere else to go and the only other path I found was guarded by this thing that froze me almost instantly.

Also :lol: you have to kill a tree by stabbing it in the nuts.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Do enemies disappear after killing them several times? Just had the Greataxe guy by the high wall bonfire not spawn while doing runs down to the boss.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Best part of Undead Settlement so far: "Good friend. No hit." :unsmith:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Do we know what the Restrict Summon Sign Visibility setting means?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

axeil posted:

Seriously though, where do you go after you kill the tree by stabbing it in the nuts? There's nowhere else to go and the only other path I found was guarded by this thing that froze me almost instantly.

Also :lol: you have to kill a tree by stabbing it in the nuts.

That is where you need to go. Use the pillars to your advantage.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Loving the game so far but I was hoping someone could give me some advice on where to place my stats for a Pyromancer I've never been very smart at allocating stats in games.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Tarantula posted:

Loving the game so far but I was hoping someone could give me some advice on where to place my stats for a Pyromancer I've never been very smart at allocating stats in games.

Get pyromancer spells. Can't use them? Look at red numbers, make them not red. Easy.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

One of my messages has turned a pretty blue color. It has a good amount of ratings. Is that just cometic?

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
When I started it I was not expecting Abyss Watchers to turn into Maria from Bloodborne.

loving awesome fight.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I would have liked them more if Maria in turn wasn't just a copy of Gherman and it wasn't just Ghermans all the way down.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...

Tenzarin posted:

They are close or equal. Doesn't your computer or phone have a calculator? You can add the numbers yourself they are all in the OP.

:effort:

Besides I am playing the game right now, was just wondering.

Thinking of doing a faith/dex build and wondering if a merc or a cleric should be my start.

Maybe just a pure dex build.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Game owns a lot.

Got to Lothric with a sorcerer and wasn't feeling it, remade a pyro and it's much stronger and more enjoyable so far. I take it this game doesn't gift you an absurdly light 100% physical shield right near the start of the game with low requirements?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
http://i.imgur.com/jNyj074.png kinda makes me wish we didn't have to have this bigass red shine on our invaders, linked for midgame-ish optional armour spoilers. I want a Dark Soul Calibur game, it's Namco and Namco.

cpaf posted:

Got to Lothric with a sorcerer and wasn't feeling it, remade a pyro and it's much stronger and more enjoyable so far. I take it this game doesn't gift you an absurdly light 100% physical shield right near the start of the game with low requirements?

You need to do a bit of exploring to grab a 100% phys shield, 12 strength required for one early on, 14 and up for the rest. 100% shields make a fine difference a ways into the game.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Nope. Go right, away from the stairs. You'll find some heavies across a gorge.

Thanks. I didn't realize the elevator would go down. I had already been there but only rode it up.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

MrLonghair posted:

http://i.imgur.com/jNyj074.png kinda makes me wish we didn't have to have this bigass red shine on our invaders, linked for midgame-ish optional armour spoilers. I want a Dark Soul Calibur game, it's Namco and Namco.

You need to do a bit of exploring to grab a 100% phys shield, 12 strength required for one early on, 14 and up for the rest. 100% shields make a fine difference a ways into the game.

just equip the ring that makes you like like a human.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Ok. I'm totally new to this series and so far having fun but getting frustrated. It takes forever and a hundred deaths to traverse a level. I'm also not understanding the scarcity of bonfires relative to my number of estus flasks. I'm getting better at fighting smart but Jesus poo poo this is hard.

I'm at the first main level high wall and I've found and beaten most of the secondary guys. I've found a lot of loot and talked to the thief and Emma. But the red caped knights loving ruin me no matter what. How do I fight things like that?

How in hell am I supposed to fight the Vordt of the Boreal valley too? It one hits me immediately and there's no room to dodge at all.

Like, what am I supposed to be doing so this is fun. And why isn't there a bonfire near the main Vordt fight? Every time I die I have to walk my rear end back there through a bunch of fights?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
So I got to the ice zone after the crystal sage, and theres a guard dog that murders me instantly, do I need to get gud? or does the doll referenced on the bridge help?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
E:double postarinoooo

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Blind Rasputin posted:

Ok. I'm totally new to this series and so far having fun but getting frustrated. It takes forever and a hundred deaths to traverse a level. I'm also not understanding the scarcity of bonfires relative to my number of estus flasks. I'm getting better at fighting smart but Jesus poo poo this is hard.

I'm at the first main level high wall and I've found and beaten most of the secondary guys. I've found a lot of loot and talked to the thief and Emma. But the red caped knights loving ruin me no matter what. How do I fight things like that?

How in hell am I supposed to fight the Vordt of the Boreal valley too? It one hits me immediately and there's no room to dodge at all.

Like, what am I supposed to be doing so this is fun. And why isn't there a bonfire near the main Vordt fight? Every time I die I have to walk my rear end back there through a bunch of fights?

I won't do the usual and say get good. Explore more and what not, this game has plentiful shortcuts and while there isn't a bonfire to the boss there is definitely shortcuts that would make your trip less painful. Also there is room to dodge. Roll forward, don't roll backwards.

There is no "easy" way to beat enemies. Every enemy has a weakpoint. Gotta memorize how the attack and the strike back.

Those knights I just fish for backstabs or break their guard.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

How do you tell what the status symbols below the Stamina bar mean? I couldn't figure out a way to get explanation mode on for the main HUD.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Obsurveyor posted:

How do you tell what the status symbols below the Stamina bar mean? I couldn't figure out a way to get explanation mode on for the main HUD.

Check your equipped items. Most cases it's a ring doing it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Obsurveyor posted:

Most rings tell you what effect they are doing or if it's a armor piece or something, it does say something like this activates after health etc.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Found a Xanathos Crown after 15 minutes of wondering why this phantom was acting weird in the swamp. Fashion Souls can begin!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Genocyber posted:

just equip the ring that makes you like like a human.

Oh gently caress it really did work like that.

Invaded host and a single summon, they got confused because I also had that one thiefish ring on, then TWO BLUEBROS ARRIVED IN UNDER ONE MINUTE.

While I stood in line for the bluebroing with the badge on and got nothing.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
2.2 GB remaining, estimated 3 hours, 150+ MB/s download speeds. Stop being so useless psn.

Orv
May 4, 2011
:stare: You can parry the second phase of Farron when it does the long charge.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So nobody is going to summon purple pals ever, right?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Finally got a controller that will work with this, and good lord. There's just so much stuff to roll through. Really going all out on the boxes and barrels, this game. 10/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Where the hell does the Vinheim Sorceror guy go when you send him to Firelink? I must be blind, I've scoured the whole shrine and can't find him.