Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Delorence Fickle posted:

Where would the Alaska Class end up when they split the lines? Will they put it as the tier 10 CA, or will they shoehorn it into the US BB line?

I wouldn't be surprised if they made it a premium ship though.

If they make it a premium, at least a normal for-sale premium, it'll only be tier 8 or below, so that's something to consider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Delorence Fickle posted:

Where would the Alaska Class end up when they split the lines? Will they put it as the tier 10 CA, or will they shoehorn it into the US BB line?

I wouldn't be surprised if they made it a premium ship though.

Not sure anybody knows what they plan to do about that ship, it doesn't fit all that well into either category, too much gun for cruisers, but no battleship armour configuration. Personally I'd put it at tier 7 in a fast battleship line and have it facing off against same tier Dunkerque, Hood and a Super Deutschland, but they're not taking my advice.

I think the first tier 8 premium heavy cruiser for the US is going to be the Indianapolis anyway, it's a famous vessel, and the Portland class isn't going to appear in the tree.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 12, 2016

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
There's been speculation of the Alaska (and the B-65) will be Tier 7 Battlecruisers.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

wdarkk posted:

There's been speculation of the Alaska (and the B-65) will be Tier 7 Battlecruisers.

Lexington is the obvious tier 8 US BC candidate, it's the spirit sister of the Amagi

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Wargaming has mentioned doing a 2nd CV line for the IJN, more in line with combat CVs, seeing as the japanese had a lot of battleships that were refit to launch seaplanes (Ise class and Fuso class after their refits), not to mention Akagi and Kaga originally being battlecruiser and battleship hulls respectively. And WG has also stated that they've already modeled Akagi and Kaga. Perhaps we could even see the Shinano in this tree (as T10?), as well as seeing an aviation cruiser that actually controlled its seaplanes.

Also jesus gently caress the Izumo looks more like an aviation battleship than an normal battleship with that flight deck looking rear end.

But honestly all this stuff can come after one of the british lines gets into the game, so the drat brits can stop whining

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 12, 2016

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Hazdoc posted:

the japanese had a lot of battleships that were refit to launch seaplanes (Ise class and Fuso class after their refits)

They only had two carrier battleships, Ise and Hyuuga. Fusou and Yamashiro were slated for conversion but it never happened.

PS I'd love to see Akagi and Kaga added as premium ships with all their historically accurate mediocrity, just to see the weeaboos rage.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Sperglord Actual posted:

They only had two carrier battleships, Ise and Hyuuga. Fusou and Yamashiro were slated for conversion but it never happened.

PS I'd love to see Akagi and Kaga added as premium ships with all their historically accurate mediocrity, just to see the weeaboos rage.

Oh, right, the conversion was planned. Still, the IJN had a hardon for making all of their ships use seaplanes. I really hope the Tone isn't just a weaker Myoko with the turret gimmick and more seaplanes in reserve, I hope it can actually move its planes around.

Premium Akagi, unique trait being that it can get citadeled and detonated by dive bombs

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

NTRabbit posted:

They're splitting US cruisers into CAs and CLs, confirmed that it's coming several times, but keep saying the split is being delayed by a lack of a sufficiently documented, suitable tier 6 light cruiser candidate to go between the Omaha and Brooklyn, as the Cleveland is being bumped to 8. If they've finally found one, then I think the split could happen before we get German or Russian battleships.

Pretty sure the Worcester is going to be 10, but it's not beyond them to make it a 9 and find something on paper for the 10.

Is this their actual rationale? I always treated "Wargaming is German biased" as a joke, but if they are delaying US ships that have had models for a year for that reason while adding the tier 9 and 10 Nazi cruisers as (one of) the first new ship line then :laffo:

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Has anyone heard anything about when the Tone will be available?

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
Not seeing a real reason to buy the Saipan, won't be as useful for retraining crew due to the nature of the captain skills.

I think I'm going to buy a Langley instead, I'm tired of the high tier carrier game play.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Hazdoc posted:

Premium Akagi, unique trait being that it can get citadeled and detonated by dive bombs

Fires cannot be extinguished by the repair party, reloading squadrons is extra slow because there's only one bomb cart for every three planes.

Greggorian
Feb 28, 2003
Teh Slacker King
I have 2 invite codes if anyones interested. Got them from Newegg with upgrade purchases, includes:
- Tier III Aurora (in game premium ship)
- 1,000,000 Credits (in game currency)
- 7 Days Premium (7 day boost in experience rate)
- 1000 Doubloons (in game currency)

Again, invite codes only. Just PM me

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

jownzy posted:

Not seeing a real reason to buy the Saipan, won't be as useful for retraining crew due to the nature of the captain skills.

I think I'm going to buy a Langley instead, I'm tired of the high tier carrier game play.

I've yet to even play a carrier in Alpha or Closed Beta, so it'd be a waste of money for me. I know making GBS threads on everyone is fun, but it just looks a lot like playing arty for me - which means having a front row seat for seeing how loving terrible your team is, and guaranteeing you die last if you play right, win or lose.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
So saipan is for sale in Europe, no requirement.

Also zao is getting nerfed hard next patch, no more stealth firing, and so are a lot of other ships.
I hope it will get a hp upgrade otherwise there will be no point to driving a zao over a heidinburg or moskova

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Sperglord Actual posted:

Fires cannot be extinguished by the repair party, reloading squadrons is extra slow because there's only one bomb cart for every three planes.

Fighter squadrons cannot engage dive bombers

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I know making GBS threads on everyone is fun, but it just looks a lot like playing arty for me

Medium tanks don't get to shoot down incoming arty shells with machine guns without taking any damage.

One of those Mikhail Kutusov things killed two entire Ryujo torpedo bomber squadrons I was trying to manual drop with before a torpedo could hit the water, it was brutal.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Krogort posted:

So saipan is for sale in Europe, no requirement.

Also zao is getting nerfed hard next patch, no more stealth firing, and so are a lot of other ships.
I hope it will get a hp upgrade otherwise there will be no point to driving a zao over a heidinburg or moskova

Where did you see the thing about Zao? I may have to hold off getting it.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

MoraleHazard posted:

Where did you see the thing about Zao? I may have to hold off getting it.

The exact change is:
Guns <130mm increase detection by current value +1km
Guns >130mm increase it by +2km

Russian destroyers unaffected.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Hedging my bets on the outcome of the camo faceoff and 15% discounts. Sold both my essex and shokaku. Both of which I am not using. I should be able to buy them back for much cheaper... obviously both nation won't win, but hey, not super interested in playing carrier.

Hopefully it's US, as I need to buy the New Orleans.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

jownzy posted:

On the other hand, the saipan allows you to dunk on bogues and zuihos with your tier 9 aircraft.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

JuffoWup posted:

On the other hand, the saipan allows you to dunk on bogues and zuihos with your tier 9 aircraft.

Or get tiered up and play against Essex and Taiho's.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

jownzy posted:

Or get tiered up and play against Essex and Taiho's.

That is always a possibility, but just saying you also have the ability to rage low tier carrier players in it as well. Hell, low tier ships too if you go torp. Though, 8 (9 with t5 commander skill) t9 dive bombers with manual accuracy using the automatic might be fun and effective too.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

jownzy posted:

Hedging my bets on the outcome of the camo faceoff and 15% discounts. Sold both my essex and shokaku. Both of which I am not using. I should be able to buy them back for much cheaper... obviously both nation won't win, but hey, not super interested in playing carrier.

Hopefully it's US, as I need to buy the New Orleans.

Yeah, I'm holding off for that as well. I was thinking about wallet warrioring the Zao, but if the USA wins, I'm just going to hold off, maybe buy the Ibuki and do it the long way around, especially if they are going to rework the ship.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

It'd be nice if they could rework the Zao to not depend on stealth firing, since I don't really like the mechanic much. On the other hand, at least "the stealth firing cruiser" is a niche that the Zao fills that doesn't conflict with the other t10 cruisers.

Comedy option: double the range on the Zao's torps :getin:

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Krogort posted:

The exact change is:
Guns <130mm increase detection by current value +1km
Guns >130mm increase it by +2km

Russian destroyers unaffected.

Do you have a source for that info? If it actually happens, I'll be pretty happy. Stealth firing without the use of smoke or terrain is a dumb mechanic. Perhaps they can bring it back if they ever decide to implement a night battle mode, but otherwise it's better gone.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I'm okay as well with removing stealth-firing, I just get annoyed if certain aspects of a ship gets nerfed because a ship is OP, and then the thing that makes the ship OP is removed from the game, return some of the other aspects back to where they should be.

Also, does anyone have some tips for the Kirov and the Yorck? My mentality is so used to brawling and my thoughts are that's not how to play these ships.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Hazdoc posted:

Do you have a source for that info? If it actually happens, I'll be pretty happy. Stealth firing without the use of smoke or terrain is a dumb mechanic. Perhaps they can bring it back if they ever decide to implement a night battle mode, but otherwise it's better gone.

It's second hand info from the Russian forum. I havn't seen anything official yet but it's usually reliable.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Well, I'm close to my tier 5 carrier skill, and boy is it going to be fun on the Langley.

I think I'm averaging about 80k damage today... only reason I fall short is because of crushing the other team to quickly.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

MoraleHazard posted:

I'm okay as well with removing stealth-firing, I just get annoyed if certain aspects of a ship gets nerfed because a ship is OP, and then the thing that makes the ship OP is removed from the game, return some of the other aspects back to where they should be.

Also, does anyone have some tips for the Kirov and the Yorck? My mentality is so used to brawling and my thoughts are that's not how to play these ships.

The Zao will still be strong, even if it cannot stealth fire. Though a reverse on its HP nerf would be totally fine, then. If it proves to be underpowered without stealth firing, they can always bump up the torp range 2 KM, give it's OTHER gimmick a deadly range.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
If they just nerf it's ability to stealth fire it will be flat out inferior to the Heidinburg at everything.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Bring back the original Zao :getin:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

xthetenth posted:

I never had a chance to play that one, what was it like? I heard it had even LESS hp than the current one.

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010

xthetenth posted:

Trying to remember, what else did they change besides the HP?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

s1ppycup posted:

RoF. As in RoF that let it get out shells faster than the Des Moines.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

xthetenth posted:

RoF. As in RoF that let it get out shells faster than the Des Moines.

OK yeah I want that.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

s1ppycup posted:

The number of launchers, too. It used to have 4 quad torpedo launchers per side. I think the torpedoes had better range, too.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

16km 76 knot torpedoes.... :colbert:

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Gee whiz I can't understand why they nerfed that.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Oh boy, looks like smoke boundaries is working again :getin:

time to see if it actually works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
So I stopped playing in October for various reasons and decided to start playing again. I've looked through patch notes but a lot of it doesn't really explain what I want it to. Are carriers still skycancer? Are high-tier DDs still trash because carriers can park fighters on them and completely negate their stealth? Is Cleveland still a crazy unkillable burning monster? How are the Russian and German lines?

e: Also has anyone done a good effortpost about the new captain skills?

Moatman fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 14, 2016