Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Jimmy4400nav posted:

drat those look nice! I might have to get some along with some of the Manic Games ones (their artillery and fully armored dwarfs don't look too bad).

Just gotta wait for that bonus from work and I can start forging some narrative :saddowns:

The Mantic Dwarves are fine but they're basically 2 per sprue with one torso having a molded head and the other having a choice of two. I got the 2 player battle set for the undead models (£49 for two armies and rulebook is still a steal, hell even for the undead alone it was worth it) so most of the Dwarf units are there: Ironclad, Ironwatch, Shieldbreakers and the Ironbelcher cannon. Even across the units there's very little variation with the exception of a command sprue that adds a few more options so I'd definitely throw in models from a different range or 2. If I get round to using the Dwarves it's definitely what I'll do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ahh thought that was Joan of Arc thanks!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Skinty McEdger posted:

Classic dwarves were in the last batch of discontinued lines. In the storyline they've become an insular community in their own territory and want nothing to do with the business of the other realms and races.

Sounds like they had the right idea

*pops head out of tunnel to see muscle bound nounverbs forever fighting*

"Ehh, gently caress it"

*goes back to making cool things and drinking heavily*

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

It's actually a pretty good ending. They get to chill out and build things forever without being bothered by orcs and Skaven :unsmith:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Business Gorillas posted:

Sounds like they had the right idea

*pops head out of tunnel to see muscle bound nounverbs forever fighting*

"Ehh, gently caress it"

*goes back to making cool things and drinking heavily*

Business Gorillas posted:

It's actually a pretty good ending. They get to chill out and build things forever without being bothered by orcs and Skaven :unsmith:
Finally, a happy ending in the Age of Sigmar. :unsmith:

Too bad Sigmar's gonna hassle them and ruin it. :smith:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Well the good news is that Sigmar sent his diplomat sigmarines (the ones who wear white and gold) who don't butcher everyone they come into contact with, who after seeing the dwarves were happy being hermits decided to leave them alone after they pointed them in the direction of the new toys lost dwarfs.

The bad news is the Skaven have some new bullshit powers that probably will lead to them wiping out the dwarves again.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Let's just say that the old Warhammer dwarves went off to be the dwarves in the Craft The World universe. Or if you want to keep it grimdark, make it Dwarf Fortress.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yeah, Dwarf Fortress would be pretty neat. Imagine if a miniatures company made miniatures for a board game of it...

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Chill la Chill posted:

Yeah, Dwarf Fortress would be pretty neat. Imagine if a miniatures company made miniatures for a board game of it...

Now we're getting into hex and chit territory. Beware, Chill la Chill, there be dragons.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Syrnn posted:

Now we're getting into hex and chit territory. Beware, Chill la Chill, there be dragons.

Campaign for North Africa is a cool and good logistical game and I talk about it from time to time in the board game thread. It is the platonic ideal of war games.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Syrnn posted:

I think you mean ur-drakes.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Chill la Chill posted:

To be true to the source material, the miniatures would all be procedurally generated.

:iit:

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

It's no good, I swing in the opposite direction and find no game more stimulating than Diplomacy, which is as far from logistical as is possible. I would absolutely love to take the time to learn one of these games but no one in my area has an interest in them to make it worthwhile. I hope to be able to some day rectify that, but until then it remains beyond the horizon of Maximum Grog, where dreams may dare.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Is there any reason for the dorfs to help now? Like the last time Sigmar bailed out their king and they also had common enemies and shared proximity so things like trade and mutual defense were reasons to share their wealth and designs.

It's not like dorfs are known for holding grudges for thousands of years and wouldn't remember how the empire left them high and dry while they were systematically wiped out or anything.

They literally have their own perfect scenario, a reality entirely made out of metal (I'm guessing) where they won't be bothered by anything or anyone.

It's gonna be pretty rich to see them bring up grudges again and conveniently forget how Sigmar failed to save them when the world ended AND sealed off the whatever gates and left them to die for thousands of years.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Ps I know the answer to my question is a butt pushed up a microphone and eternally farting

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

How would you feel if I told you Sigmar was now effectively the classic dwarves second deity?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

why? didn't sigmar just crib the sigmarine armor off of the dwarf smith god? why is sigmar in the dwarf pantheon when all he did was pretty much just crash on Grungi's couch for a couple weeks?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

sigmar: no i'm not racist, i have lots of dwarf friends

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Because he's friends with their gods apparently their loyalty to Sigmar knows no bounds, and they believe him to have been a savior figure, despite you know never actually saving them. Basically because he remembered them when he was hanging out with the dragon that remade reality they're now super cool with him. Despite their loyalty to him knowing no bounds when he sends his sigmarines to them they just want to be left alone and out of it all.

So with the dwarves having turned him down, Sigmar turns to plan b which is an alliance with Nagash. You would think he would turn to the elves, but they haven't finished making their new models yet and he's still upset with them over taking down one of the chaos gods, so instead he turns his attention to the guy who betrayed him and who hates him completely for the poo poo he's pulled in creating the Sigmarines. Nagash for his part thinks Sigmar is a huge wuss for sending his sigmarines to talk to him instead of coming himself, thinking him a coward who just sits on his golden throne. It's then that Nagash discovers that he can actually murder the sigmarines and have them not respawn, at which point he decides maybe he should join with Sigmar for completely innocent reasons and not so he can kill him and his minions at the first available opportunity.

Have I mentioned the new fluff is utter garbage?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

if nagash can kill the sigmarines for realsies isn't that the ultimate trump card or is nagash just happy with what was effectively his dream for the old world: a world of complete death entirely loyal to him

i mean they've managed to write out like everyone that isn't a sigmarine/khornemarine/orrukmarine

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Well while Sigmar was off hiding and licking his wounds Nagash actually became the most powerful entity in existence and nearly took out chaos all on his own. And then Archon killed him when he was on the verge of his great victory (because of course he would). So now having recovered from being killed Nagash is pissed and wants to kill everything. Meanwhile Sigmar seems to be blissfully unaware that Nagash might not just want to hang about in his realm.

Oh and Nagash is responsible for the whole "every time they die they come back lesser" flaw in the Sigmarines. Again Sigmar hasn't picked up on this yet.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Andy Chambers is spitting venom on Facebook about the new Orcs. He's been fairly careful to stay out of AoS vs Old World slapfights until now but I guess that this was the line too far.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
link?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Helen Highwater posted:

Andy Chambers is spitting venom on Facebook about the new Orcs. He's been fairly careful to stay out of AoS vs Old World slapfights until now but I guess that this was the line too far.

link that poo poo, homie

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153594736391687&id=703726686

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

I hope someone screenshotted it because that link is dead :v:

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
losing your poo poo about age of sigmar in 2016 is kinda shameful

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Nebalebadingdong posted:

losing your poo poo about age of sigmar in 2016 is kinda shameful

imagine AoS taking a massive, personal dump on your work though. wasnt chambers the guy who made the orcs into the mad max football hooligans we love today?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
He didn't create "orcs" and these clearly aren't even supposed to be his orcs. I love his orcs, but the point of the End Times is that there is no continuity with the old ranges anymore. These are someone else's orcs, and whoever this person is, they loooove T-Poses. Old Orcs wouldn't be caught dead in a T-Pose!

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Nebalebadingdong posted:

I love his orcs, but the point of the End Times is that there is no continuity with the old ranges anymore.

Except of course when they reuse ranges wholesale such as Lizardmen, Wood Elves, Skaven, all the factions that LARP as Old World people,

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Avenging Dentist posted:

Except of course when they reuse ranges wholesale such as Lizardmen, Wood Elves, Skaven, all the factions that LARP as Old World people,

They were reusing tomb kings too, until they weren't. Some factions might get grandfathered in but this new stuff is leaving the old world behind

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Nebalebadingdong posted:

They were reusing tomb kings too, until they weren't. Some factions might get grandfathered in but this new stuff is leaving the old world behind

Did they ever even rebase Tomb Kings?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Avenging Dentist posted:

Did they ever even rebase Tomb Kings?

I don't think so. You can tell what the new undead will probably look like from the End Times stuff. Its got a little TK and a little VC but is ultimately neither

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

If I had to guess, anything from End Times is probably sticking around, as are the more notable repacks (Lizardmen and Ents/Dryads in particular). While everything will eventually be obsoleted (it's not like they still sell much of anything from the 80s), I expect most of the repacks are here to stay for a while.

Also please post a summary of Andy Chambers' rant if you can't get a screenshot. :negative:

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
So uh seriously can any of you UK goons go give FW money for me?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-World-Exclusive-Forgeworld-Chaos-Dwarf-Legion-of-Azgorh-Daemonsmith-/191846874104
This dude is real expensive and I desire him.

He is apprently a huge muscle daddy chaos dwarf:

KingFisher fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Apr 13, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Reliable store down here in Australia has the Kings of War 2 player starters, and the starter and mega army sets, all for 30% off right now, in case anyone is interested

http://www.thegamingguy.com.au/online-shop/#!/Kings-of-War/c/11364334/offset=0&sort=normal

I guess you could also use them for 9th Age too, if you really wanted?

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

NTRabbit posted:

Reliable store down here in Australia has the Kings of War 2 player starters, and the starter and mega army sets, all for 30% off right now, in case anyone is interested

http://www.thegamingguy.com.au/online-shop/#!/Kings-of-War/c/11364334/offset=0&sort=normal

I guess you could also use them for 9th Age too, if you really wanted?

https://www.darksphere.co.uk/p.php?p=63919&c=1302

For UK goons Darksphere currently has the 2 player starter set with the 40 Dwarves, 50 Undead and the rulebook/dice etc... for £39. Or you could:

KingFisher posted:

Spo uh serious can any of you UK goons go give FW money for me?

Get that one Abyssal Dwarf for just £30.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Warhammer: Age Of Sigmar (Has Been Claimed By The Gay Elf/Dwarf Cum Daddies)

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe

Post 9-11 User posted:

Warhammer: Age Of Sigmar (Has Been Claimed By The Gay Elf/Dwarf Cum Daddies)

I'd be gay for this guy:
https://www.coolminiornot.com/271405

Sadly this mini is impossible to find.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
Fun Shoe
Chaos Dwarf double post:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/The-Forge-World-Bulletin/2016/04/06/The-Zharr-Naggrund-Lammasus?_requestid=15899772

• Locked thread