Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods

Frankston posted:

Oh, really? I must have missed it. I saw he had the light crossbow, no shortbow though.

You might have to send him out to steal poo poo for you first.

gently caress, I don't know what a spoiler is anymore. Also, this game is gooood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Almost every setting in the character creator will result in some hideous monster-person. Even the preset faces are really hosed up.

Was able to make some sort of shrimp man yesterday.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Am I correct that quality builds will always benefit more from normal weapons with good scaling than from infusing them with a gem? I keep wanting to make an awesome fire something, but removing the scaling seems like a waste when I could just cap my damage stats.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

DrGreatJob posted:

You might have to send him out to steal poo poo for you first.

gently caress, I don't know what a spoiler is anymore. Also, this game is gooood.

I didn't even know you could do that, awesome.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Someone make fun of me. Treeballs should be the easiest loving boss ever.

Oh well I'm making money off each run

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Golden Goat posted:

Almost every setting in the character creator will result in some hideous monster-person. Even the preset faces are really hosed up.

Was able to make some sort of shrimp man yesterday.

I always play Souls games as faceless hero person with the head covered. I feel like it's much more appropriate thematically. Even more so in DkS3 because you are literal trash of unkindled ash

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
I found the axe that does 'deep' damage on the high wall, is it viable? It seems pretty good for now but I have a feeling that it will drop off quite soon because it doesn't scale with strength/dexterity. Also what is deep damage exactly?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Frankston posted:

I didn't even know you could do that, awesome.

You gotta find Loretta first before you can get him to loot, though.

kanonvandekempen posted:

I found the axe that does 'deep' damage on the high wall, is it viable? It seems pretty good for now but I have a feeling that it will drop off quite soon because it doesn't scale with strength/dexterity. Also what is deep damage exactly?

Deep is non-scaling Dark damage. There's regular Dark later that scales with INT/FTH, and Fire has a similar setup where it has scaling/non-scaling infusions. Your hunch is sort of correct, but you could upgrade the Axe as normal and have it perform well all game. It all depends on if you want a no-stats Dark-elemental Battle Axe, really.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Apr 13, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

I always play Souls games as faceless hero person with the head covered. I feel like it's much more appropriate thematically. Even more so in DkS3 because you are literal trash of unkindled ash

I'll get a picture of it later but the shrimp man face makes it look like you're wearing some solid pointy gold mask if you're wearing a hood like the assassins one.

It's fun to make a monster since you almost never see your face for ages and it's always a fun reminder. Like in ending scenes.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I beat the boss of the first area! :dance:

With help from a summon..... :geno:

But who cares I beat him! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I talked with Yeol of Lordran at the firelink shrine and he raised one of my stats for free(?) .... whats the deal with that?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I talked with Yeol of Lordran at the firelink shrine and he raised one of my stats for free(?) .... whats the deal with that?
Nothing! He's just helping! What could possible go wrong?

You are just (major mechanic spoilers) a Hollow now

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I beat the boss of the first area! :dance:

Keep doing it to open up a new character. There are some ramifications, though.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Alabaster White posted:

You gotta find Loretta first before you can get him to loot, though.

I found her bone, is that what you mean?

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods

Frankston posted:

I found her bone, is that what you mean?

Yup

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Does anyone know if there's a way to stop your character getting covered in blood/ash? It's a visual effect I disliked in Bloodborne and I'm not happy to see it here.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
On top of the first set of infusions removing scaling, this game in general seems to be a bit light on scaling. Glancing at weapons, there don't seem to be a whole lot that go above C without infusion.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What is even going on with the Soul economy in this game? You get like 60 souls for killing even difficult enemies, and I'm usually walking around with <2000 souls yet a level up costs me over 6000 now and I've gone zombified which (if I'm thinking correctly) the Fire Keeper wants 24k for curing!? :psyduck: Even the bosses only give a paltry couple of thousand souls, I wouldn't get that amount even if I cleared three areas.

e: also, someone tell I'm missing something important because I just arrived at the poison swamp and it makes me walk really slowly + fat roll, poison me, and all the non-slug enemies kill me in one hit. Surely this isn't how you're intended to go through it?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Best/worst part about hollowing is that it's a death counter, and i'm starting to annoy myself at how high it's getting.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
What doll am I supposed to have to get through the fog gate?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

plape tickler posted:

What doll am I supposed to have to get through the fog gate?

gotta go finish cathedral of the deep

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Besides the 7 gold coins you can choose as a gift, are there any others in the game? Figured I would choose those to get the lothric knight sword.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Afriscipio posted:

Keep doing it to open up a new character. There are some ramifications, though.

Setting story stuff aside, how often is it available and what if anything triggers it? Do I just check back every now and then to see if he'll do it?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Watcher was really hard. I could almost get there but without any scaling (because I'm stubbornly sticking to pyro) it was a massive slog that ended with me dead. Game was impossible. Then I calmed down and listened to my inner voice that said "Mailer you dumb gently caress you're not working towards anything upgrade your goddamn weapon already". Now another boss is down and the game is fun.

I just need a voice telling me to stop being such a paranoid jerk about missing content.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Anyone gotten their controllers to work on PC (in on Win10 if that makes a difference, using a rumbepad 2)?

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Afriscipio posted:

You can buy it from Greirat.

I managed to talk to his NPC, and agreed to take a ring to someone in the undead settlement, but uh, where in the settlement is this person? If it matters, I've already gotten the bone item from the person. (I'm combing areas for stuff I missed.)

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I just got through the end of the catacombs

:skeltal:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Finally beat treeballs ffs. Hea basically the underground demon who name escapes me where you kinda side step him and it trivializes the fight

Question I died to holy knight Hollywood or whatever his name is and he won't come back. Is here a way to get him to come back?

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Your Computer posted:

e: also, someone tell I'm missing something important because I just arrived at the poison swamp and it makes me walk really slowly + fat roll, poison me, and all the non-slug enemies kill me in one hit. Surely this isn't how you're intended to go through it?

In no particular order:

The ghrues the ashen grey satyr fucks, particularly the ones without any visible weapons will rock your poo poo ten ways from Sunday if they manage to land on you from their slam dunk attack. These particular ones are always by their lonesome as far as I can remember, if you have to go through poo poo water to avoid them, then do so; you'll save yourself a lot of effort. Deep murk is denoted by lily pads. You have to venture out into the deep murk at least once to douse one of the flames out there. Go slow, use a ranged weapon to pull poo poo to you one at a time, don't gently caress with the big dudes. If you have the 14 faith for it, you can use the weapon art on the lowest level prayer chime to do a heal over time that does slightly more healing than what the poison can take away for cheap FP cost - mind you need to have the chime out for the buff to stick to you.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Oh I'm happy. Fully explored up and down the swamp area (thank you bow and arrow). Finally found the Crystal Sage in the previous area and killed it and moved on to the Cathedral of the Deep.

Finally got enough souls gathered for the Tower Key and the Undead Legion armor from the handmaiden.

Yeah, we happy.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Question I died to holy knight Hollywood or whatever his name is and he won't come back. Is here a way to get him to come back?

Have you tried using an ember to regain your humanity-equivalent?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ulvirich posted:

Have you tried using an ember to regain your humanity-equivalent?

Ah right. Keep forgetting about that one

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Regarding the soul starting item, is there anything you can do with it besides popping it? I think I accidentally did so because it's disappeared from my inventory. I hope I've not screwed myself out of a unique weapon or something.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Finally found the Crystal Sage in the previous area and killed it and moved on

Could I please get some general directions to this jerk?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Just managed to crash the game after I killed a guy stuck inside a wall. :darksouls:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

How does one get to the bottom of the gorge or whatever below the undead settlement bridge that leads to the sigmeyer elevator?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Frankston posted:

Regarding the soul starting item, is there anything you can do with it besides popping it? I think I accidentally did so because it's disappeared from my inventory. I hope I've not screwed myself out of a unique weapon or something.

No, it's a common-ish item you can find. You didn't screw up anything.

Ulvirich posted:

Could I please get some general directions to this jerk?

Crucifixion Forest, the dilapidated keep. There's a wall breach you enter, follow the path in and around. Entrance to the boss is guarded by a couple of spell casters.

Alan Smithee posted:

How does one get to the bottom of the gorge or whatever below the undead settlement bridge that leads to the sigmeyer elevator?

Get the sewer key from the handmaiden (You may need to get the Mortician's Ashes from the area where the Giant shoots its arrows). Sewer is in right next to the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Apr 13, 2016

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
24 hoursa in and no titanite merchant. Can I get some explicit spoilers on that?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Turtlicious posted:

24 hoursa in and no titanite merchant. Can I get some explicit spoilers on that?

The Shrine Handmaid sells titanite of all kinds including the special types as long as you bring her the relevant ashes. I don't know what those ashes are so good luck, skeleton

edit: Found a table:

Dreamchaser Ashes - Shards
Easterner's Ashes - Large Shards
Dragon Chaser Ashes - Chunks
Dragon Chaser Ashes - Scales

And upon completing the game (much like in Bloodborne) she sells slabs.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Apr 13, 2016

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

No, it's a common-ish item you can find. You didn't screw up anything.

Oh, OK. That's a relief, and somewhat disappointing. I would have picked something else if I'd known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
So I super need help, I think I might have locked my character out of the rest of the game.

I just beat Yorm The Giant.
After the fight, you are forcibly teleported to an area. I was foolish enough to not search for a bonfire and activated the Dancer boss fight without establishing a warp point. I panicked and homeward boned to shrine.

Is there no way to get to that area now? Is this character over?
I've checked the boss room for another way to teleport but there is none. I don't think there is any way back due to the fact that the guy who brings you there dies after you talk to him.