Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
working mom
Jul 8, 2015
So is it finally time for gsf to move into whs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
YA0 has fallen.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Xolve posted:

Even cardboard castles are convincing from a distance.

Agreed but knocking them over gives us a chance to build something stronger.

As much as I'm enjoying the fighting, I'm looking forward to the rebuilding phase. It'll be interesting to see how GSF changes as a result of this current conflict.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

VFK by today

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LemonDrizzle posted:

YA0 has fallen.

:ohdear:

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.

LemonDrizzle posted:

YA0 has fallen.

I doubt we'll have any space left by this time next week :(

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
YA0 by now

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WhoNeedsAName posted:

Agreed but knocking them over gives us a chance to build something stronger.

As much as I'm enjoying the fighting, I'm looking forward to the rebuilding phase. It'll be interesting to see how GSF changes as a result of this current conflict.

Wasn't this what Endie and others were saying a while back but were laughed out of the room/told to leave/whatever it was that happened?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Unfunny Poster posted:

Wasn't this what Endie and others were saying a while back but were laughed out of the room/told to leave/whatever it was that happened?

If you're looking for consistency, you're on the wrong forum friend.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not looking for consistency, I just don't remember what it was Endie said that got people mad back then Mr. Atlantis Stalker.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

It might well have been although I've not really paid much attention to this thread until the past couple of days.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Dalael posted:

This makes me think... By that point during the fountain war, TEST's directorship had stolen pretty much everything of valued and hosed off to PL and other places.
I'm proud and actually kind of surprised this hasn't happened to us yet. I know nothing about GSf's finance or how they're handled, so I'm wondering if there's any precautions taken to insure no one leaves with everything not nailed down.

gsf's finances are handled by people who are richer individually than the alliance

it's a pretty good way to safeguard yourself against theft

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

ApocalypseMeow posted:

But by next month everything 20 jumps of Yao will be blue again.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm not looking for consistency, I just don't remember what it was Endie said that got people mad back then Mr. Atlantis Stalker.

One post in one of your thread does not make me a stalker. You have no real grievance here unlike my next door neighb...
:doh:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ApocalypseMeow posted:

echoing exactly what has happened in vale

oh, wait

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
First time in 6 years VFK has had someone else own it.

That's pretty neat on both the change itself, and how long it was held onto by GSF.

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

Dirty Sanchez posted:

But by next month everything 20 jumps of Yao will be blue again.

I'm looking forward to being in fleets to take back all our space the second MBC get bored, that and the opportunity to dumpster these alliances one by one.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
i decided all this war business is a bit mean so i decided to be more like Videogames and go fly around mining looking at how pretty eve is.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

ApocalypseMeow posted:

I'm looking forward to being in fleets to take back all our space the second MBC get bored, that and the opportunity to dumpster these alliances one by one.

The trick is to do it in such a way that they don't coalesce into turd voltron again.

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

oh, wait

If I wanted to do some troll entosising, whats a good ship for hacking? Tanky Maller?
Could be fun to do whilst MBC are concentrated on Dek and not watching the other regions (like what's happening in Vale as you pointed out).

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

i decided all this war business is a bit mean so i decided to be more like Videogames and go fly around mining looking at how pretty eve is.

:3:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ApocalypseMeow posted:

If I wanted to do some troll entosising, whats a good ship for hacking? Tanky Maller?
Could be fun to do whilst MBC are concentrated on Dek and not watching the other regions (like what's happening in Vale as you pointed out).

that works, but the most important thing is to have an alt in pandemic horde to do the hacking (don't hack PH's stuff on your PH alt obviously)

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Glory of Arioch posted:

that works, but the most important thing is to have an alt in pandemic horde to do the hacking (don't hack PH's stuff on your PH alt obviously)
Is it even possible to hack things belonging to your own alliance?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LemonDrizzle posted:

Is it even possible to hack things belonging to your own alliance?

Nope.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 13, 2016

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

oh, wait

Just to clarify, Bastion is trying to re-take sov in the region they abandoned from people who also abandoned it?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

That Works posted:

VFK by today

Despera posted:

YA0 by now

:hfive:

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Maybe we should move over to Jita?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Good morning thread, I trust we are doing fine today. I read a lot of posts about losing territory this morning.

Does that mean when goon guys own sectors of space that it is seen as you are the law and can just zap people who come into the sector and not worry? Is that what the fighting is about? Who has most of the no security areas?

Tonight I am going to start the industry missions! Rock and I are going to level ourselves up!

Also I am delighted to see other people chilling and mining too! :D

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I also fit a mining ship yesterday. It's even fit with a cargo and ship scanner!

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Xolve posted:

Even cardboard castles are convincing from a distance.

Octavious
Dec 29, 2004

Juices so sweet and sassy
Oh look, DJ stopped by to call pubbies pubbies and they got upset. Things are lookin up.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

VideoGames posted:

Good morning thread, I trust we are doing fine today. I read a lot of posts about losing territory this morning.

Does that mean when goon guys own sectors of space that it is seen as you are the law and can just zap people who come into the sector and not worry? Is that what the fighting is about? Who has most of the no security areas?

No. This fighting goes on in a section of space known as nullsec, in which anybody can shoot anybody else without in game mechanical consequences (though there can be political consequences if you shoot the wrong person at the wrong time!). The reasons for trying to hold this territory have traditionally been for financial and strategic reasons, though this has become less true over time. Many argue (rightly or wrongly) that the only reason to actually hold space now is to be able to dickwave and have your name on this map.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

VideoGames posted:

Tonight I am going to start the industry missions! Rock and I are going to level ourselves up!

In no security (nullsec) space anyone can zap anyone and there are no NPCs to straighten things out, its just purely PvP.

This map gets updated each day, but the newest one i linked below shows what we are losing. We are top left in yellow (The Imperium) and the white "neutral states" around us and the red blob in the middle are areas we are losing, though it is a lot worse than that map currently shows.

the black sections in the middle comprise low and high security space. if you open up your star map you would able to cross reference where you are versus this map; likely you are still in hisec at this point

edit: the map linked in the post above mine is the alliance version of this same map, but most alliances have agreements to work with other alliances, giving rise to "coalitions". these arent represented in game anywhere but are based off mutually agreed standings, so pilots in game can tell whether the boss says they hate the other guy or not

Jon Von Anchovi fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Apr 13, 2016

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

VideoGames posted:

There are three kinds of space: high security space, where you are now, which is policed by NPCs that will automatically kill you if you attack someone else outside of certain very specific circumstances; null security space, which is completely lawless; and low security space, which is a sort of halfway house - you can attack people freely, but you will be flagged as a criminal for doing so and NPC sentries will shoot you if you do it near a station or a gate. Up until very recently, goons had the largest and most powerful empire in null security space and controlled several hundred star systems; at this point, they've lost most of it including their main home system and all their allies' home systems.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

VideoGames posted:

Space that you can conquer is default lawless -- there's no CONCORD protection there, and things like area-of-effect bombs and warp disruption bubbles that can prevent you from warping in an area or pull you away from the thing you warped to are allowed. Conquerable territory can be upgraded for PVE stuff and security, and have some other fringe benefits. When we're being kicked out of space, we lose access to the stations there and can't dock, and the PVE benefits go away. We also lose the flag on the map that says "this territory is ours."

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Somehow a lot of players don't like the goons for some reason.
So they mobilized everyone to kill us.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

LemonDrizzle posted:

YA0 has fallen.

That Works posted:

VFK by today

If I had time or knew what I was doing I'd really like to make a propaganda video from this cliphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQR1qLyG94w. Just to remind our enemies that we'll be back to push their poo poo in.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Is BillyMerc banned or did he finally get to take VFK?

Someone give DJ the Goonswarm Alliance corp and see a proper civil war with the Empire vs the (rebel) Alliance. The Imperliam still works as a meme for it, which seemed to be the end goal of the whole thing.Though I suppose being the rebels vs an empire that dosn't actually hold any territory isn't as interesting as it would be otherwise.

Farewell VFK Mittanigrad. You will live on in History, at least.

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011

Comstar posted:

Is BillyMerc banned or did he finally get to take VFK?

Someone give DJ the Goonswarm Alliance corp and see a proper civil war with the Empire vs the (rebel) Alliance. The Imperliam still works as a meme for it, which seemed to be the end goal of the whole thing.Though I suppose being the rebels vs an empire that dosn't actually hold any territory isn't as interesting as it would be otherwise.

Farewell VFK Mittanigrad. You will live on in History, at least.

If we were the Empire we're now the First Order technically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone have a cheatsheet so I can figure out which posters are actually concerned, which ones are just dumb, and which ones are concern trolls? Because everything seems to be blending together lately.

• Locked thread