Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Goatman Sacks posted:

Does anyone have a cheatsheet so I can figure out which posters are actually concerned, which ones are just dumb, and which ones are concern trolls? Because everything seems to be blending together lately.

Judge a man by the nature and character of his posting, not by the colour of his standings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Since the Roman gimmick has run its course its only natural that Goons now become a Caliphate.

I'm hoping for a 12 Tribes Of Israel gimmick, personally.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Helicon One posted:

I'm hoping for a 12 Tribes Of Israel gimmick, personally.

I'm pretty sure that Theta has that one covered...

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

cant you just kick sion and mittani and remake stuff properly this time ?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Denis posted:

ok

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Denis posted:

Does anyone really want that throne?

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Denis posted:

Seeing as how that is what our enemies want the most, I'm pretty sure that will never happen as long as it continues to "rustle their jimmies" or whatever term dumb redditors are using these days. Howling, angry, shitposting enemies are the best kind of meat for the grinder.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Comstar posted:

Farewell VFK Mittanigrad. You will live on in History, at least.

Soo when is Mittens changing his AV

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

Huge_Midget posted:

Seeing as how that is what our enemies want the most, I'm pretty sure that will never happen as long as it continues to "rustle their jimmies" or whatever term dumb redditors are using these days. Howling, angry, shitposting enemies are the best kind of meat for the grinder.

doesnt it look like his making fun of himself tho ? similar to GreedyGoblin ? Speeches and motivation is nice when it has anything to back it up.

It's obvious why people go into PH, PL is somewhat a "cool boys club"
Test is big and sort of succesfull now, and also the shitposting is over the roof.

What's to look for in Goonswarm? Before it atracted carebears and "summer kids" cos of fat isk ratting.
there is no ELO, there is no isk ratting, there is no legendary fc's. there is only Mittani do anyone really thinks that is enough ?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Endie posted:

Judge a man by the nature and character of his posting, not by the colour of his standings.

That +1 in the "concern troll" column...

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Denis posted:

Truly the most goony thing we can do is reform the alliance to conform with redditor's demands.

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

Goatman Sacks posted:

Truly the most goony thing we can do is reform the alliance to conform with redditor's demands.

not reform. There was other ceo's before and hopefully will be in future. Mittani was the best at keeping the empire runing smoothly all this years, i have my doubts about rebuilding it.

everyone can make his own opinions, i would actually like to see a proper GoonSswarm rise again, and less of the imperium crap.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Goatman Sacks posted:

Reddit is dumb. DJ spent a whole "thread" making GBS threads on pubbies for being pubbies and they ate it all and asked for seconds because he also shat on mittens.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Revive Groon.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Denis posted:

We're getting right on that. Thanks to you for making this suggestion. No one else would have dared to offer such contentious advice.

Samiz
Sep 10, 2013

VideoGames posted:

Good morning thread, I trust we are doing fine today. I read a lot of posts about losing territory this morning.

Does that mean when goon guys own sectors of space that it is seen as you are the law and can just zap people who come into the sector and not worry? Is that what the fighting is about? Who has most of the no security areas?

Tonight I am going to start the industry missions! Rock and I are going to level ourselves up!

Also I am delighted to see other people chilling and mining too! :D

I am slowly going through all the agents while keeping up with school and doing other stuff. Hoping to get quite some time in this weekend at least!

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Denis posted:

What's to look for in Goonswarm? Before it atracted carebears and "summer kids" cos of fat isk ratting.
there is no ELO, there is no isk ratting, there is no legendary fc's. there is only Mittani do anyone really thinks that is enough ?

I left a while back and am now in White Legion, and have to say Elo is an amazing fc and a lot of fun to fly with, does the cfc even have any good FCs left?

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Denis posted:

Just flying around being hated everywhere must count for something.

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.

Orions Lord posted:

Just flying around being hated everywhere must count for something.

Making people mad just by existing IS pretty fun.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Ynglaur posted:

That +1 in the "concern troll" column...

or it might have been an mlk fakepost one of the two

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Endie posted:

Judge not lest ye be judged.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Denis posted:

Mittani was the best at keeping the empire runing smoothly all this years, i have my doubts about rebuilding it.

so i guess the period of time between 2011 and 2015 wasn't mittani's doing then and all the empire building we had to do starting with the siege of vfk in 2011 didn't count for him

Tally
May 26, 2011

Dirty Sanchez posted:

But by next month everything 20 jumps of Yao will be blue again.

You joining horde?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Denis posted:

there is no legendary fc's.

We have the FC that smashed the PL supercap fleet Laz, and we have vee.

Who exactly is a legendary FC in your opinion? Progod? Haha.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Denis posted:

not reform. There was other ceo's before and hopefully will be in future. Mittani was the best at keeping the empire runing smoothly all this years, i have my doubts about rebuilding it.

When mittens took over we were living on TCF's couch, had one system to call our own and had rights to rat in a single constellation for the whole alliance. We went to Curse to fight Atlas and Gentleman's Club and in the first week we fielded a 28-person fleet where about a third of the people in it were dutiful directors. Rebuilding was what he did.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Endie posted:

When mittens took over we were living on TCF's couch, had one system to call our own and had rights to rat in a single constellation for the whole alliance. We went to Curse to fight Atlas and Gentleman's Club and in the first week we fielded a 28-person fleet where about a third of the people in it were dutiful directors. Rebuilding was what he did.

Sounds like the post of a man leading bat out of PL in approximately 1 week...

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Endie posted:

Seeing director types in fleet makes me push F1 harder and I put on my WAR FACE ARRRR

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

That very serious announcement was on the 11th so only five days now.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Denis posted:

everyone can make his own opinions, i would actually like to see a proper GoonSswarm rise again, and less of the imperium crap.

This is so fabulously wrong it might inspire a defence of Goonwaffe leadership by redditors.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

Revive Groon.

Already happening, sort of, I think

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

They started trying to poach guys from other PL corps too, but told me I'm not welcomed. :smith:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

everyone on the outside seems so concerned about goonswarm federation leadership, an alliance they are not in

if our current leadership is so bad and killing us, isn't that a good thing from the outside, won't it lead to our destruction and irrelevance faster and thus total eradication of all goon, the stated goal

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
i was winning eve back then, but it's surprising to know that goon was getting rolled over even worse in fountain war.
from what i can see there just isn't much THIS IS SPARTA kind of thing this time around, mittens and whoever is in charge is just going MEH, we will take the most effortless way out.

Denis
Apr 8, 2015

Glory of Arioch posted:

everyone on the outside seems so concerned about goonswarm federation leadership, an alliance they are not in

if our current leadership is so bad and killing us, isn't that a good thing from the outside, won't it lead to our destruction and irrelevance faster and thus total eradication of all goon, the stated goal

Not all are outsiders or always were. Some still care, some dont. For how things are now it looks like a great moment to return, and also killing co2 alone makes it worthwhile. Seems like none else intends to do that.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
So I'm spitballing an idea here. Horde are starting to rat in their gains to raise ADM values. Who amongst you has a neutral alt with cyno 5 you wouldn't mind putting in horde. Who among you can fly a recon/blops/stratios/bomber?

Who thinks open recruitment is a recipe for dead ratters?

Who is interested?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rhymenoserous posted:

So I'm spitballing an idea here. Horde are starting to rat in their gains to raise ADM values. Who amongst you has a neutral alt with cyno 5 you wouldn't mind putting in horde. Who among you can fly a recon/blops/stratios/bomber?

Who is interested?

this is really overcomplicated

you can achieve the same results by using a day 0 Not-Caldari pilot in a t1 tackle frigate with the default starter skills

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Rhymenoserous posted:

Who is interested?

Don't even need cyno 5, just a scout with a cloak so you have a warpin

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ApocalypseMeow posted:

I'm looking forward to being in fleets to take back all our space the second MBC get bored, that and the opportunity to dumpster these alliances one by one.

At the risk of sounding ~concerned~, I I too look forward to large groups of pilots being in space, vulnerable to being shot for 10-15 minutes at a time.

Sounds like a good time all around :sun:

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

:henget:

Xolve fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Apr 13, 2016

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Glory of Arioch posted:

you see they just want the goons to be like the real true goony goons from back in the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

this is really overcomplicated

you can achieve the same results by using a day 0 Not-Caldari pilot in a t1 tackle frigate with the default starter skills

There is a method to the madness.

• Locked thread