Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man what the heck is up with this watchdogs covenant. I've had this stupid medal on for an hour and nothing. I think at one point I was about to get ONE bite but I was fighting a giant crab and got hit by the grab attack I was so surprised and I think that made the invasion fail. I feel like something's messed up here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man what the heck is up with this watchdogs covenant. I've had this stupid medal on for an hour and nothing. I think at one point I was about to get ONE bite but I was fighting a giant crab and got hit by the grab attack I was so surprised and I think that made the invasion fail. I feel like something's messed up here.

yeah same for me. i got one bite exactly one time. i posted about this before but my irl friend said he was getting summoned within seconds every time and actually had a hard time removing the covenant item because of it, so it works for some people at least

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

They need to tweak the online in this game because it can be quite gently caress tarded.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

yeah same for me. i got one bite exactly one time. i posted about this before but my irl friend said he was getting summoned within seconds every time and actually had a hard time removing the covenant item because of it, so it works for some people at least

it worked perfectly for me until i leveled the covenant up then i stopped getting hits

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got one hit in an hour of having it on and it was a gank squad so I took it back off.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

They need to tweak the online in this game because it can be quite gently caress tarded.

I've made peace with the fact that the online in these games will always be a complete crapshoot I think.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the boss of the swamp level was really good :-)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I can't find any large titanite shards

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I can't find any large titanite shards

then u probably arent supposed to have them yet. i literaly just found my first 1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish it was Saturday so I could play DSIII for 12 hours.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

then u probably arent supposed to have them yet. i literaly just found my first 1

I'm glad they kept this from Bloodborne instead of being able to buy a lot of upgrade materials early.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I'm glad they kept this from Bloodborne instead of being able to buy a lot of upgrade materials early.

me too. this game is probably really hard to break without going to extreme lengths. plus the bosses dont have tiny hp bars like in DS1 and 2, which i like very much

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
this game is insanely well balanced.....ng+ is gonna be sweet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah. I've only skimmed the surface but I bet a SL1 run would be immensely more challenging than they were in DkS, for instance.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

this game is insanely well balanced.....ng+ is gonna be sweet.

I feel like with the limited time I got yesterday I just barely got out of the "tutorial" area and I got way more into the game just fighting the new enemies in undead settlement. I want to play!!! I hate being a wage cuck.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
thats about right. i dont know how long this game is but it seems a lot longer than bloodborne and ds1

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The first time I fought Vordt he got me down to a tiny sliver of HP with no Estus left. My dodging game was seriously on point and I got him down to about two hits left before he killed me. I got him on the second try :cool: This game is seriously epic.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bort has really awesome animations.. ITs sweet to watch him skate around the arena sparks flying everywhere.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the first boss ive died to was the swamp lvl boss (died about 10 times to regular enemies and stuff though) . but i liked the other ones too, theyll probably be great fights on ng+.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Getting the roll timing down on Bort so I could successfully play chicken with him on his charging attack was immensely satisfying.

He did kill me like 5 times though, twice when he was one hit away from death.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

you're probably right... I've beaten my first Lord of Cinder so I probably feel like I'm further in than I am.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

you're probably right... I've beaten my first Lord of Cinder so I probably feel like I'm further in than I am.

theres 1 in the next area. maybe more, i only found 1 though.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Purple phantoms were a great idea

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

we should hav ean imp party in the Settlement late r

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Bort has really awesome animations.. ITs sweet to watch him skate around the arena sparks flying everywhere.

Successfully dodging Bort's charges and then running up and attacking him to interrupt his frost breath is gaming's ambrosia

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im probably not going to use the ashen flask much since im not much of a magic guy

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The frost breath was way too easy to interrupt.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i want to do a dex character but all the swords look gay so far (im stillon the wall)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tumor looking batty posted:

im probably not going to use the ashen flask much since im not much of a magic guy

I picked up a pyromancy flame as a ranged backup but I'm still only taking 1 ashen. It came in handy fighting the tree when the yellow goo was around

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

Theres two giants in the cathedral of the deep that drop one apiece. I went that way instead of towards farron keep.

Also I just found dual wield maces and I am so happy

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

i want to do a dex character but all the swords look gay so far (im stillon the wall)

There's a gem that makes weapons more dex scaled, if you like a certain non dex weapon

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

first playthrough in a dark souls game is a special thing that you cherish, but every boss encounter in NG+ was so well tuned i think i enjoyed it more

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I need to do all the NPC quests in NG+

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I spent 2 hours invading in the settlement last night and loving people up with my deep battle axe +3. I am so happy with this game.

The odds are usually stacked against you in invasions, but as usual, if you use the environment and enemies you can crush your prey.

A good spot to do this in the settlement is that area with the huge fire, tons of the hollow mobs and the Evangelist. Before the host shows up, you can either break the many explosive barrels so they can't be used against you, or get up above on the vantage point and use them yourself.
The whole area is great for PVP.

There's also that spot on the lower collapsed bridge with all bodies of the hollow turtle shell guys. They're big enough that you can use them to separate groups and manage them easier. And, if you're a real dick, you can hide behind the one that's still alive so he gets aggroed/killed.

I havent found a way to switch to strength scaling yet but I will when I can.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It affects weapon arts too but the weapon art on my weapon is assy so I've been rolling 6-0 on flasks

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
weapon arts barely use mana anyway

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

they do if you use the r2 combo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm going to leave work early, call in to my 3PM meeting, and get an additional few hours of gaming in... good lord fromsoft, what have you done

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

the follow up r2 uses a good chunk which makes sense since the l2 on its own for the scimitar does nothing. Not that the r2 really does much more, it's less powerful than a normal r1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i'm going to leave work early, call in to my 3PM meeting, and get an additional few hours of gaming in... good lord fromsoft, what have you done

youre the one doing that stuff. :P

• Locked thread