Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Modded Honda Civics and other economy and/or family cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I've got one secret ball hygene trick that drives the ladies wild!

MegaButt
Feb 21, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Shark posted:

Black denim jeans

No...noooo...noooooooo!!!! My entire style has been destroyed in one fell swoop. I am ruined!

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Cargo shorts are abysmal. Also, pockets are cosmetic - youre not supposed to use them as they ruin the lines. Now im imagining goons wearing pilko pants!

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Male Tears posted:

Modded Honda Civics and other economy and/or family cars

how did this take 9 pages?

because it's only asian men

spoiler is part of the joke too

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
big cocks cumming

o wai-

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
white loving shorts are yall serious right now

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

opus111 posted:

Cargo shorts are abysmal. Also, pockets are cosmetic - youre not supposed to use them as they ruin the lines. Now im imagining goons wearing pilko pants!

Where do you keep your wallet and phone and lol if your response contains the word "messenger"

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Hey guys! I heard this is now the shorts chat thread. Are JNCO jean shorts back in yet? Middle schooler me has been waiting with bated breath.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
do people really think cargo shorts are that terrible? im not a dude but i wear dudes cargo shorts all the time when its warm out because purses are loving stupid. they look fine, theyre just practical, the non-fannypack clothing option. jorts and white shorts are loving terrible

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
cargo shorts are the fedora of short pants since you defended it you have to post a pic of yourself wearing the cargo shorts.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Cargo shorts are terrible, yes. I don't understand why so many people feel they are the only type of shorts around.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Leon Einstein posted:

Cargo shorts are terrible, yes. I don't understand why so many people feel they are the only type of shorts around.

well yeah people who wear them EVERYwhere are inherently obnoxious like a majority of people who only wear one type of thing everywhere, theyre just more convenient in warmer weather than carrying a stupid bag with me or a sweater with pockets that its too hot out to wear

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

The Rules posted:

If you defend the wearing of a X, you must post pictures in this thread of yourself wearing X, holding a sign with your username on it

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the only thing worse than cargo shorts? cargo pants

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

abigserve posted:

Where do you keep your wallet and phone and lol if your response contains the word "messenger"

Gf's handbag or jacket pockets. My earlier statement was regarding suit pants/shorts/jeans etc.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Controversial opinion:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
not controversial since the thread has already established you should wear pants most of the time and that there are few occasions where a man in shorts is appropriate

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

thathonkey posted:

the only thing worse than cargo shorts? cargo pants

Oh I can do better than cargo pants

stefania_r
Sep 2, 2011
A moustache

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I would not defend this as casual wear, but will defend them to the death for backpacking.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Every doctor over 40 that I know wears these all the loving time

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Probably already mentioned but rolling coal.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

not controversial since the thread has already established you should wear pants most of the time and that there are few occasions where a man in shorts is appropriate

OK good. I was worried as the conversation seemed to focus entirely on the cargo variety, which should be pretty obvious anyway.

Lt. Chips posted:

I would not defend this as casual wear, but will defend them to the death for backpacking.
Yes I need to get exactly these for my upcoming trip next month. Would probably never wear them once I'm back though.

Edit: Lol they're like 80 bucks :fuckoff:

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 13, 2016

CabaretVoltaire
Jun 10, 2003
Better than Turin Brakes.

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

whats the airplane pocket ??

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

CabaretVoltaire posted:

whats the airplane pocket ??

*unzips*

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

do people really think cargo shorts are that terrible? im not a dude but i wear dudes cargo shorts all the time when its warm out because purses are loving stupid. they look fine, theyre just practical, the non-fannypack clothing option. jorts and white shorts are loving terrible

Pretty sure it's mostly a goon thing. I think it's cute when my husband wears them- its like he's suddenly reverts to the 90s frat boy i first met. If you're not fat and wear clothes that fit, even dated clothes look are a "meh" at worst. Except black jeans and jorts though, they look gross no matter what.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Cargo shorts are for manchildren or teenage boys. I realize SA has a large contingent of both, but they're really terrible for anybody older than early 20s.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
cargo shorts are OK to wear when you're hiking or something

same thing with those zippered convertible pants

they're fine

the problem is when you're too dumb to know not to wear them everywhere

stop maligning the gentle and utilitarian cargo short/pant

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.
Cargo shorts/pants is a hill I will die on. They fit keys, tools, notes/paper, etc.
What should we wear that allows us pockets to carry poo poo, unless you wankers have manbags.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
Nobody said you can't wear them. They just look bad.

You're carrying notes and papers in your shorts? Lol. Get a backpack.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

The Biscuit posted:

Cargo shorts/pants is a hill I will die on. They fit keys, tools, notes/paper, etc.
What should we wear that allows us pockets to carry poo poo, unless you wankers have manbags.
tools, notes and paper belong in separate bags imo (like get a rucksack if it's a lot or a messenger bag or whatever), only thing you should have on you are keys phone and wallet, and you don't need cargo anything for that

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I would rather wear cargo pants, cargo vests, and a cargo hat before being caught dead carrying a messenger bag.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

If you need notes and poo poo just get a little field notepad and put that poo poo in your jacket. Or your cargo pants because you're taking notes in the field and whatever wildlife you're studying doesn't have any fashion sense (birds excluded they will still judge u)

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Lt. Chips posted:

I would rather wear cargo pants, cargo vests, and a cargo hat before being caught dead carrying a messenger bag.
Guys wearing cargo shorts aren't too cool for anything.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Cargo shorts, the divisive issue of our times.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
still have my cargo shorts from HS and they have become my default painting/yard work/working on something filthy clothing and they're pretty good at that

pockets for bolts/nails/small tools is useful

so like think about when you're dressing yourself and say "am I going to be rolling around in grease/dirt/sweat/nature" and if the answer is no do not put on those cargo shorts or I will judge you

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
lol if you wear clothes at all

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

wearing shorts at all looks bad? lol. we don't all live in loving san francisco. Some places in the world it gets hot during the summer you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Ahundredbux posted:

lol if you wear clothes at all

This guy knows whats up

• Locked thread