Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

petition to have your name changed to Untermenschland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rubber Tucky posted:

OH GOD is his website really stonezone.com?

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Full Battle Rattle posted:

A race-reversed civil rights movie sounds like a pretty interesting idea tbh

You mean like this one?

It was bad.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dogstoyevsky posted:

You mean like this one?

It was bad.

How did this get green lit wtf

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Not a Step posted:

I, for one, am glad souless robot monsters like you can finally feel free to speak your mind in society.

An entire song for a single plot point is too stagnant for me. Also I prefer instrumentals for music.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/zengerle/status/720241621078388736

Ted if it ever starts bothering you that everyone hates your guts a good start would be not saying poo poo like this.

There are so many terrible things he packed into a sentence - apathy for the lives of hostages, basically lying about being a Texan, the idea that a conviction when formed as a 5 year old should dictate foreign policy- that it really reminds you that Cruz is not human

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
A new radio ad would like to remind you that Donald Trump wants to bang his daughter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZviy-v8dDc

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

A new radio ad would like to remind you that Donald Trump wants to bang his daughter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZviy-v8dDc

Twist ending delivers

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Maybe Ted is older than we think. Maybe Ted was old enough to kill those poor couples.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Dogstoyevsky posted:

You mean like this one?

It was bad.

No opinions on Belafonte, but if you cast Travolta in a starring role the script pretty much doesnt matter.

The script was probably also terrible though.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

GlyphGryph posted:

That's pretty hosed up. I've never heard of a playwright enforcing casting clauses before, and this seems like a particularly stupid way. Did the play still end up getting put on, and what was the result?

Yeah, I believe the controversy and clickbait articles started after the production had finished. And I even hesitate to call it a manufactured controversy, because there is a conversation to be had there and I can understand why it would upset some people, even some of the actors had mixed feelings about the production (Here's a press release from opening night of the play). But the fact the double casting of the role is usually buried in the latter half of any of those articles leads me to believe that most of the "conversation" in this case ended at "You'll never believe which actor this college cast to play MLK!!!"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Not a Step posted:

No opinions on Belafonte, but if you cast Travolta in a starring role the script pretty much doesnt matter.

That's not true, pulp fiction managed to be a decent film despite Travolta

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Not a Step posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQWhDvKEiSw

lmao

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

How did this get green lit wtf

Scientology

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Dogstoyevsky posted:

You mean like this one?

It was bad.

No. Oh god no. I meant like make the movie Selma except reverse the white and black actors. This is....just...no.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I'm seeing parts of this "the system is rigged" speech from Trump's recent rally showing up on Berniebro's timelines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqByMThBpfs

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Al! posted:

That's not true, pulp fiction managed to be a decent film despite Travolta

Travolta was a support in an ensemble cast, and many of his scenes also had a significantly better actor carrying the weight while he Travolta'd around, which is probably the ideal use of Travolta.

Except for Face/Off, which remains a modern masterpiece.

2016 Republican Primary: Musicals and John Travolta

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

David Miscavige attempting to soften Scientology's public image by solving racism with a John Travolta/Harry Belafonte movie.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Montasque posted:

I'm seeing parts of this "the system is rigged" speech from Trump's recent rally showing up on Berniebro's timelines:

Between this and using Joe Scarborough it's been an interesting week for the Bernie people who are too angry to look at facts.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/clmazin/status/720259227067920385

:eyepop:

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Jackin' Ted

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Not a Step posted:

Travolta was a support in an ensemble cast, and many of his scenes also had a significantly better actor carrying the weight while he Travolta'd around, which is probably the ideal use of Travolta.

Remember when they decided to remake Hairspray with Travolta and it was completely terrible?

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

Al! posted:

Remember when they decided to remake Hairspray with Travolta and it was completely terrible?

Replacing Harvey Fierstein is always a mistake.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

He's a nasty guy.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Al! posted:

Not enough scenes with Walken. Sad.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Your genitals belong to the state, puny human

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Not a Step posted:

Nick Cage is a national treasure

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

A Ted Cruz sex scandal I can believe.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Montasque posted:

Yep. There are a contingent of Berners who just want to see the world Bern. A lot of folks don't get the crossover appeal but I think people supporting the other insurgent candidate simply because they stand opposed (supposedly) to the same system isn't such a stretch. Hell, who among us can't say they didn't enjoy (at least a little) when Donald Trump tore those other buffoons to shreds? It was hard not to root for Trump during those early debates. gently caress those people.

This primary is like a bomb. The remaining contests are just watching the fuse, and who knows what's going to happen at convention. Trump's taking a LOT of heat for the GOP right now, and you can tell because the few people picking apart Ted Cruz rarely see him as attention-worthy, even though his policies are even more extreme and, much like Trump, represents a part of the party that the GOP seems to be very embarrassed about, and for good reason.

The republicans have gotten to the point where they need the votes of blocs of lunatics. If I could choose my GOP opponent, it would be Ted Cruz - hands down. I can't imagine that the GOP are actually prepared to see what's going to happen when Ted Cruz is the presidential candidate in the year 2016 when he's got political views that are straight out of 1865. He has some of the worst views that are represented in the GOP, and people viscerally hate him on sight. You might see a reagan-esque blow out, simply due to Ted Cruz being the absolute worst and getting some of the worst republican 'ideas' some time in the spotlight.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

This is a good tweet.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Joementum posted:

Like, see, I'm just throwing it out there that there might be a few people attending the convention with ambition to enter the contest on the second ballot.

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/720062079831384064

Sure, but we're inviting Chris Christie

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/BecketAdams/status/720263622027415552
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/720269242646585344

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This election is amazing.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

literally lol'd

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It would be so much fun to watch Ted Cruz try to appeal nationally, keep his tea party cred, and deal with questions about why can't we masturbate? And what other world events were you fascinated about at the age of two?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/720250313882505216

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Montasque posted:

Indiana seems more Trump than Cruz but I could be wrong.

If you're stupid enough to live in Indiana you're stupid enough to vote for Cruz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It would be so much fun to watch Ted Cruz try to appeal nationally, keep his tea party cred, and deal with questions about why can't we masturbate? And what other world events were you fascinated about at the age of two?

Secretary Clinton, have you ever masturbated?

• Locked thread