Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
mordiceius is right except for one thing: all sixteen worlds suck, not just the first eight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Mordiceius posted:

My complaint is that there were too many of them. They never got difficult. There should have maybe been 10 levels at that difficulty, not 50. And even going through these back 8 worlds, the first world certainly wasn't challenging at all.

I guess my heart just isn't in it. I don't feel challenged by the game. I feel bored by it.

My favorite worlds are the more gimmicky ones. The Zelda riff was great. There needed to be more unique ones instead of a bunch of just "samey" levels.

eh yeah i can see where you're coming from, i probably have stockholm syndrome that makes me not mind playing the easy/boring levels because i know i'll get to the interesting/hard ones eventually.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Seagull posted:

mordiceius is right except for one thing: all sixteen worlds suck, not just the first eight

Having made it through the first two special worlds, I think I can agree with this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I guess my heart just isn't in it. I don't feel challenged by the game.

It's a Mario game. Super Mario World is also "Super Fly over 90% of the stages" World and most other Mario games amount to maybe 1 hard stage in 30 and usually a gimmicky hidden stage at that.

If you're complaining a Mario game is too easy then yeah, you're right. It's a Mario game. It hasn't been hard since the NES except maybe Mario Maker and that's more "is capable of immense amounts of bullshit."

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 12, 2016

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ImpAtom posted:

It's a Mario game. Super Mario World is also "Super Fly over 90% of the stages" World and most other Mario games amount to maybe 1 hard stage in 30 and usually a gimmicky hidden stage at tha

If you're complaining a Mario game is too easy then yeah, you're right. It's a Mario game. It hasn't been hard since the NES except maybe Mario Marker and that's more "is capable of immense amounts of bullshit."

Yeah. You're probably right. I haven't played a Mario game since the first Mario Galaxy. So I don't play them often. This one... just isn't doing it for me.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Amazon gives a DLC code for costume for pre-ordering the regular edition of Bravely Second but not for the collectors edition (which I have pre-ordered). Would it be possible to pre-ordered the regular edition, get the code, and cancel the order? And would it be conscionable?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's a Japanese overview for the upcoming Kirby game, including the sub-games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOUt0qE5on8

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Amazon gives a DLC code for costume for pre-ordering the regular edition of Bravely Second but not for the collectors edition (which I have pre-ordered). Would it be possible to pre-ordered the regular edition, get the code, and cancel the order? And would it be conscionable?

I got my code weeks ago so yes, it's possible. No idea if it's worth anything though. You should get the game for $32 via Prime as that's a good price for a good game. Though I doubt you could cancel fast enough because they are shipping out tomorrow.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Ragequit posted:

I got my code weeks ago so yes, it's possible. No idea if it's worth anything though. You should get the game for $32 via Prime as that's a good price for a good game. Though I doubt you could cancel fast enough because they are shipping out tomorrow.

I just ordered it, canceled immediately after, and got the code. I feel awful about it though

I managed to get the special edition during the 5 minutes they were up on amazon before they sold out.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I thought Galaxy 2 had a decent number of challenging stages and comet variations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's a Japanese overview for the upcoming Kirby game, including the sub-games:

Argh just give it to me already!!

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

chemist and poison look cool and i finally get that the robobotto can only fly with it looks like the parasol powerup

mirror lookin a little anaemic next to all those modern powerups though, i feel like kirby used to have a cool mirror image trail that made the mirror dash feel really smooth?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want bravely second to come out early.:(

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
So I'm almost done with Chibi-Robo Zip Lash and it's been a bummer throughout but HOLY poo poo, an English patch for the Japan-only actual Chibi-Robo 2 that came out for the DS was released a couple of days ago and I'm so drat happy right now https://gbatemp.net/threads/english-translation-for-okaeri-chibi-robo-happy-richie-%C5%8Cs%C5%8Dji.402028/

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 13, 2016

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Shinjobi posted:

I want bravely second

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Kirby Monhun looks fun and inspired and goofy and great but I kinda wonder if maybe they should have built it using the 3D gameplay mode and combined those two subgames. I dunno. I'm sure I'll have a blast with it in any case!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

It's a Mario game. Super Mario World is also "Super Fly over 90% of the stages" World and most other Mario games amount to maybe 1 hard stage in 30 and usually a gimmicky hidden stage at that.

If you're complaining a Mario game is too easy then yeah, you're right. It's a Mario game. It hasn't been hard since the NES except maybe Mario Maker and that's more "is capable of immense amounts of bullshit."

Look who plays Mario like a chump.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mario 3D Land really is too easy (including most of the special worlds) and unambitious compared to previous 3D Mario games and it's been completely superseded by 3D World.

I do wish Nintendo (or anyone, really) would make a good 3D platformer for this thing before it disappears.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Mario 3D Land really is too easy (including most of the special worlds) and unambitious compared to previous 3D Mario games and it's been completely superseded by 3D World.

I do wish Nintendo (or anyone, really) would make a good 3D platformer for this thing before it disappears.

All the worlds feel WAY too small. They take about 2 minutes to complete for the longer ones and since they're so small, there's no sense of exploration and the coins (save a few) are incredibly easy to find.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is there any way to buy the Phoenix Wright HD Trilogy as a gift? It's a friend's birthday and I wanted to surprise them but I have no access to their 3ds to download it. Is there a way to just get a download code and send it?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is there any way to buy the Phoenix Wright HD Trilogy as a gift? It's a friend's birthday and I wanted to surprise them but I have no access to their 3ds to download it. Is there a way to just get a download code and send it?

Not really, no. You can now buy eShop games directly from Nintendo's website but you need to be logged in with an NNID, so if you don't have your friend's login info you're screwed.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Not really, no. You can now buy eShop games directly from Nintendo's website but you need to be logged in with an NNID, so if you don't have your friend's login info you're screwed.

Their account info shouldn't be a problem or anything, what I'm getting will still be a surprise at least.

It won't leave my credit card information with that account or anything, will it?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Their account info shouldn't be a problem or anything, what I'm getting will still be a surprise at least.

It won't leave my credit card information with that account or anything, will it?

I haven't actually tried it myself but I don't think so.

Here's the US site; if you're somwhere else you'll have to navigate to the Nintendo site for your country but the process is pretty much the same, just hit "buy digital" up the top, log in with your account and follow the steps: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/Ou8Wx5UsRfMJofDemHEcfOVwP6Z88n9Z

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

general chaos posted:

On the topic of Level 5 cross over media... How did LBX fare in the US/Europe?

Any chance we'll be seeing localizations of the other two titles or is it a lost cause?

They didn't even finish releasing the free DLC content here in the US so any hope of further LBX in the West seems like it's super dead.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I haven't played my 3DS in a while so I went to the E-shop to see if any neat games had come out and wow it's the Bravely Second demo! ......
.Wow now it's 5 days later what the gently caress is wrong with me!

And the full game comes out in days gently caress it's going to consume me.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

absolutely anything posted:

So I'm almost done with Chibi-Robo Zip Lash and it's been a bummer throughout but HOLY poo poo, an English patch for the Japan-only actual Chibi-Robo 2 that came out for the DS was released a couple of days ago and I'm so drat happy right now https://gbatemp.net/threads/english-translation-for-okaeri-chibi-robo-happy-richie-%C5%8Cs%C5%8Dji.402028/

Yessssss! I wanted to play this so bad when I heard it existed.

general chaos
May 20, 2001

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

They didn't even finish releasing the free DLC content here in the US so any hope of further LBX in the West seems like it's super dead.

That's almost as disappointing as Fantasy Life 2 being a mobile only remake.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Sorry if this is off topic, but in playing Zero Escape and is there a visual novel thread or active thread to ask about getting though one of the novel parts where I need a password?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Zero Escape thread (don't highlight anything in black)

Visual Novels thread

You have platinum, you can search the forums.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Last Celebration posted:

Sorry if this is off topic, but in playing Zero Escape and is there a visual novel thread or active thread to ask about getting though one of the novel parts where I need a password?

Just ask here.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Zero Escape thread (don't highlight anything in black)

Visual Novels thread

You have platinum, you can search the forums.

I've been using the mobile app to browse mostly, I don't think you can search with it. Thank you kindly for the links.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
hosed up the number of hoops you have to jump through to get someone a game as a gift in Nintendo's America

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Looks like Triple Deluxe: But Better

I can't wait to get my hands on it

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

TheKingofSprings posted:

hosed up the number of hoops you have to jump through to get someone a game as a gift in Nintendo's America

They just don't have any sort of gifting interface for digital purchases yet. Hopefully that's coming soon, what with all the new online stuff lately.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Is Kirby: Triple Deluxe any good?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

zolthorg posted:

chemist and poison look cool and i finally get that the robobotto can only fly with it looks like the parasol powerup

mirror lookin a little anaemic next to all those modern powerups though, i feel like kirby used to have a cool mirror image trail that made the mirror dash feel really smooth?

He still has the mirror afterimage when "running" (the camera switches away right as he starts it though)

Mordiceius posted:

It's probably one of if not the best 2D Kirby games.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Mordiceius posted:

It's probably my favorite Kirby game thus far. It's really solid level design, bosses are really cool and it's just so much fun to play! The bonus character mode is pretty fun too!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Mordiceius posted:

It's a lot of fun but short & easy. Really good-looking with great level variety though. If it pulled a Mario 3D Land and had a bunch of much harder levels after you beat the main game it would be flawless

edit: oh yeah the bosses are the best in a Kirby game I think

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Triple Deluxe is like if they took Return to Dreamland, made it better, and then stuck it on the 3DS

it rules and you should get it if ya like

Kirby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Last Celebration posted:

You'll get the password in another timeline. The only thing you need to know is to physically write it down yourself, as the game wont record it anywhere for you for come time to enter it in.