Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Helicon One posted:

you see they just want the goons to be like the real true goony goons from back in the day

And then even if it happens you know they won't even resub. They'll just think to themselves "ah that's nice" and go back to raging at the shutdown of DPPH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Altran posted:

i was winning eve back then, but it's surprising to know that goon was getting rolled over even worse in fountain war.
from what i can see there just isn't much THIS IS SPARTA kind of thing this time around, mittens and whoever is in charge is just going MEH, we will take the most effortless way out.
How do you figure? Unless I'm misremembering things, the CFC was the attacker in the Fountain war - while it was getting pushed back at one point and came close (IIRC) to losing its staging system, its own space wasn't under threat. This time around it's losing every system it owns and all the destructible in-space infrastructure it's built up over the last few years, and it's had multiple allies effectively destroyed.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

So I'm spitballing an idea here. Horde are starting to rat in their gains to raise ADM values. Who amongst you has a neutral alt with cyno 5 you wouldn't mind putting in horde. Who among you can fly a recon/blops/stratios/bomber?

Who thinks open recruitment is a recipe for dead ratters?

Who is interested?

Yes to all of this.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 13, 2016

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Sunber posted:

Don't even need cyno 5, just a scout with a cloak so you have a warpin

You likely won't even need that, just d-scan them and tell the tackleceptor next door which belt/anomaly to warp to.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

You know. When I coined the phrase "summer children for this conflict. I was not talking about MBC members who were about to be hellwar-ed. I was talking about Imperium members who joined after the Halloween war. Who came for the free sov in unassailable space. As opposed to the people who conquered that space and made it unassailable in the first place.

Sure, but the phrase also does describe members of the MBC who joined for the ~elite pvp~ dank frags too. Few people on either side have ever done something like this.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Wasn't this what Endie and others were saying a while back but were laughed out of the room/told to leave/whatever it was that happened?

IIRC, it wasn't about rebuilding GSF or something. The thing that made people go "lol wut no" was wanting to belly up to Reddit and whore ourselves on their altar.

Denis posted:

not reform. There was other ceo's before and hopefully will be in future. Mittani was the best at keeping the empire runing smoothly all this years, i have my doubts about rebuilding it.

everyone can make his own opinions, i would actually like to see a proper GoonSswarm rise again, and less of the imperium crap.

You can have your own opinion, but it's based on lies told by hypocritical redditor leadership and is stupid. The Mittani is the one who rebuilt the entire thing after Kartoon hosed off with the wallet. So, yea.

Also, making GBS threads in their cereal is pretty goony. Especially the more the unwashed pubbie masses scream for his removal.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 13, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yes to all of this.

You aren't one of us :argh:

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Xolve posted:

At the risk of sounding ~concerned~, I I too look forward to large groups of pilots being in space, vulnerable to being shot for 10-15 minutes at a time.
Would you prefer we undock one at a time, or would it be better for you if we just came out all at once so you could drop supers on us right away?

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012
We didn't lose VFK we are renting it out.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

Having someone from PL helping goons kill Horde, what's not to love?

Also, yes to all of the list aside from cyno 5.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thank you for all the replies. That makes things a little easier to understand. The lowest I've been through currently was a 0.5 system.

I had wondered if having SAforums in my name and going to a system might cause people to be mean to me but it hasn't happened yet! I have seen people mentioning goons again and again though.

I would just like the work day to be over please.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Thank you for all the replies. That makes things a little easier to understand. The lowest I've been through currently was a 0.5 system.

I had wondered if having SAforums in my name and going to a system might cause people to be mean to me but it hasn't happened yet! I have seen people mentioning goons again and again though.

Tell them you hate the goons most of ''them'' will agree.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Rhymenoserous posted:

He posts in the Eve thread about as much as you do, which apparently is enough to qualify a person as a goon these days.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

So if I join GSF now, would I be a winter child or still be a summer child? This is all very confusing.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Shadowlz posted:

So if I join GSF now, would I be a winter child or still be a summer child? This is all very confusing.

You would be our child.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Orions Lord posted:

Tell them you hate the goons most of ''them'' will agree.

I could never say such things about my posting friends.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

Judge a man by the nature and character of his posting, not by the colour of his standings.

ah you're in your self flagellation phase i see

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Most of them are too confused to link "Goon" and "SA" together. And most of the ones who can manage that think all goons are in GSF and that we all pay :10bux: a month to Mittani to post here, at Something Awful: A Spaceship Game Forum.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

:eonwe:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

frozenpussy posted:

Seeing director types in fleet makes me push F1 harder and I put on my WAR FACE ARRRR

Like this? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4EmSLT5O3N4

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
It makes me sad there wasn't a big brawl over VFK or ya0 but that's where this war is at I guess.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Foehammer007 posted:

It makes me sad there wasn't a big brawl over VFK or ya0 but that's where this war is at I guess.

That's what the enemy wants. The enemy wants goons to play this game, so we are going to deny them by not playing this game. Puppet mastered again.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Shadowlz posted:

If you joined now and stuck around then you would be a winter child because now it's winter. Summer ended about 3 weeks ago.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The very least we could have had a small ragtag band of TRUEGOONS in rifters circling Mittanigrad something.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

mpaarating posted:

That's what the enemy wants. The enemy wants goons to play this game, so we are going to deny them by not playing this game. Puppet mastered again.
jokine please stop you're being a stereotype, you're not sending anything up or being funny ty and godlbess

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

:neckbeard:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Foehammer007 posted:

Truly its a shame we didn't lose our super fleet for a station we haven't lived in for a year (or 2 years).

Sixx Spades
Aug 16, 2013

Foehammer007 posted:

I, too, wish to run headlong into spears and become Test/Brave/Farmed Alliance 3.0

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

jokine please stop you're being a stereotype, you're not sending anything up or being funny ty and godlbess

I, wish you'd, start. Using punctuation; again!

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
More like I wish goons shoved six battleship fleets down MBC throats like the last war, but it's all good.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Sixx Spades posted:

I, too, wish to run headlong into spears and become Test/Brave/Farmed Alliance 3.0

same

Remember that time that TEST brought a fleet that had zero chance of winning to the 6vdt armour timer? Remember how we all commended them for their heroic last stand? Remember how we absolutely didn't call them idiots for the following year for wasting what little money/materiel they had left on a leeroy into our six mega fleets?

oh wait

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Oh man, remember during previous wars Xolve et al would be all "grr dirty blobbers". And we'd say "well, go make your own coalition then." And they'd go all "nooo my space honoeaur".

But no really guys, they know the secret to victory here.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Remember when you could get six full mega fleets?

Sixx Spades
Aug 16, 2013

ChickenWing posted:

same

Remember that time that TEST brought a fleet that had zero chance of winning to the 6vdt armour timer? Remember how we all commended them for their heroic last stand? Remember how we absolutely didn't call them idiots for the following year for wasting what little money/materiel they had left on a leeroy into our six mega fleets?

oh wait

Remember how TEST was then supposed to be the punchline for a dumb kickstarter book by those dudes who called them couragous?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Foehammer007 posted:

More like I wish goons shoved six battleship fleets down MBC throats like the last war, but it's all good.

We had 1200-1500 people for the early major timers. You brought 4000.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Goatman Sacks posted:

We had 1200-1500 people for the early major timers. You brought 4000.

That's a fair point.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

/
At least we have space honour!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

mpaarating posted:

I, wish you'd, start. Using punctuation; again!

i havent been since before you knew me fyi

SeaBass
Dec 30, 2003

NERRRRRRDS!

Siets posted:

The very least we could have had a small ragtag band of TRUEGOONS in rifters circling Mittanigrad something.

I'm sure we'll do a conga line when it is appropriate.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Has laz been running many fleets lately? I know he did one grinder fleet iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

ChickenWing posted:

same

oh wait

Yes because giving a send off to a home that goons have lived in for so long has no value whatsoever, nope, none at all

• Locked thread