Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ahundredbux posted:

did you play the witcher 3 ?

Yeah like 10 months ago but I got really bored with it, don't tell goons though because that is grounds for a high gaming crimes tribunal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

I don't really want to play dark stools but it's the only goddamn thing goons are posting about.

wait until May, then it will be all about Uncharted 4 / how bad DOOM will be / Tracer's rear end / Mirror's Edge / a platinum fighting game

I kind of wanted to play Ratchet and Clank since I never have tried any and it looks beautiful but I'd rather use that money and get a Vita+some vita rpgs

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Uhm.. Tracer's rear end has already happened

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did SF V get proper story mode/challenges/shop/whatever else was missing from launch patched in to it yet?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

You're too late, I have dank scrills 3 queued up and ready to go.

What's a good class to start with so that I die a whole bunch within the first 2 hours and get frustrated enough to request a refund.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

You're too late, I have dank scrills 3 queued up and ready to go.

What's a good class to start with so that I die a whole bunch within the first 2 hours and get frustrated enough to request a refund.

Any pretty much. Herald has a sort of useful healing spell while you still have gently caress all Estus but his starting weapon is crap, Cleric or Knight maybe?
If you see a crystal looking monster thing in the starting area it's a noob trap, don't bother.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Did SF V get proper story mode/challenges/shop/whatever else was missing from launch patched in to it yet?

There's still no proper story thing or even arcade mode til June or July. Challenges and the shop are half assed still but YMMV there, not sure if you can use real monies yet in the store. I've barely touched SFV lately since the netcode is so slow and the content is garbage, been playing KI instead.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Ratchet and Clank is real good. My favourite weapon is the bouncer.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't play R&C til next week for NO GOOD REASON

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I want to enjoy R&C without playing the game (dont have a playstation) which is why I'm looking forward to the movie

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

If you see a crystal looking monster thing in the starting area it's a noob trap, don't bother.
Oh you mean that chump rear end piece of poo poo that I kicked the poo poo outta first try? :smug:

Turns out all I needed to be better at souls games was for it to move a little faster.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Herald starting weapon is crap and I didn't fancy slowly chipping away at it for 1% health per hit.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Ahundredbux posted:

I want to enjoy R&C without playing the game (dont have a playstation) which is why I'm looking forward to the movie

Do you often wish that instead of playing your video games, you could watch some insufferable dweeblord play them for you? If so, let's just say that gaming has come a long way, my friend

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The Herald starting weapon is crap and I didn't fancy slowly chipping away at it for 1% health per hit.

Join the cool dude warrior brigade and cleave skulls in twain with an axe that has a built in attack buff skill. Scream at poo poo a lot.

I'm looking forward to the R&C movie but i'm totally unsure if it'll actually be in cinemas over here.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
One man's quest to beat DS2 without taking any damage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCDH-LYzmbc

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

exquisite tea posted:

Do you often wish that instead of playing your video games, you could watch some insufferable dweeblord play them for you? If so, let's just say that gaming has come a long way, my friend

to be more clear I just want to watch the cutscenes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

He stopped being part of the main cast after the Diamond/Pearl anime. Cilan for Black/White and Clemont for X/Y fill his role.

wtf

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I'm going to make a PYROMANCER because that sounds really powerful. I am also glad that this game lets you adjust top/bottom musculature separately because I want my PC to look like she does a lot of squats.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I normally like to play a sneaky dude with a big knife but the Dark Souls games don't seem to lend themselves particularly well to that. Lame.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I'm playing Ratchet and Clank 2 and the starting bomb thingy just leveled up into a tiny nuclear weapon

the Blitz Gun also feels insanely satisfying to use

drat this game is already way better than the first one after only a few hours

everything just feels like it controls better

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

PantsBandit posted:

I normally like to play a sneaky dude with a big knife but the Dark Souls games don't seem to lend themselves particularly well to that. Lame.

Time to reinstall skyrim and spend all your time modding

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm playing Ratchet and Clank 2 and the starting bomb thingy just leveled up into a tiny nuclear weapon

the Blitz Gun also feels insanely satisfying to use

drat this game is already way better than the first one after only a few hours

everything just feels like it controls better
3 refines the controls even further, but 2 is an incredible game. I love them both.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I only ever played the first R&C game. I don't remember much about it exceptsome magnet boots and quark and the infinite money glitch and the robotsthat say HEY when they see you

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I really enjoyed all the ratchet and clank games I played and definitely am picking up the remake after I'm done with dark souls

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I really want a PS4 for Ratchet & Clank

Also somebody made a 3d video of the CD-i Zelda stuff. It's weird:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9KJlCKk6UA

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah like 10 months ago but I got really bored with it, don't tell goons though because that is grounds for a high gaming crimes tribunal.

If you don't have any prior attachment to the series, it's understandable. I played and completed Witcher 2 twice in a row, so I was the target audience exactly. Most of the game hinges on its writing and characterization, which is unmatched by most games today, and if you don't really know/care about that, well then it's just "some RPG".

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Voidburger mentioned that whole thing with Tobuscus a few days ago and the post had mentioned he actually had a toy from that line of Collectable YouTuber toys for Kids.

Seems the company behind them are (rightfully) scrubbing anything relating them to him officially.

They aren't the only ones I guess, I tried seeing if anyone had any unboxings of the figure and all I could find was this now private video . Makes me think at least it wasn't such a good idea to start making toys out of YouTubers in the first place? I mean maybe it was a good idea because the line in general is probably selling really well but then when stuff like this happens it suddenly becomes very uncomfortable.

What happened re: Tobuscus?

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I had to look it up, but he is allegedly a sexual predator.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Met this guy today:

(Pardon the graphic settings :smith:)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Golden Goat posted:

I really want a PS4 for Ratchet & Clank

Also somebody made a 3d video of the CD-i Zelda stuff. It's weird:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9KJlCKk6UA

A worthy tribute to the work it is emulating. Can't wait to see a 3d version of:

http://www.somethingawful.com/flash-tub/zelda-cdi-remix/

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I lost interest when Misty left the cast.

The fact that I was 22 probably played a part.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Ash did never pay Misty back for that bike.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

How the gently caress didn't they all starve to death wandering around with no money for years, anyway.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

And you never see them go to the bathroom

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Lurdiak posted:

How the gently caress didn't they all starve to death wandering around with no money for years, anyway.
The same reason why Ash is an Immortal that never ages.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

They ate pokemon.

Last pokemon thing I watched was the origins thing which was pretty cool.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I swear they talk about Tauros steaks in that S.S. Anne episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i never watched pokemon because it helped contribute to Freakazoid's cancellation and i have held a grudge against it ever since

• Locked thread