Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I still want that Aunt May spinoff where she's trying to hide her relationship with the Vulture from Peter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Marisa Tomei?! An Oscar winner, Elaine!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Well in the comics Jarvis is a person and Tony's butler, who fucks Aunt May at some point. Perhaps some forbidden robot love is afoot?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Let's be honest, a subplot in one of the Avengers movies about Tony Stark trying to gently caress Aunt May to Peter's chagrin would be pretty great.

I would watch this.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Well in the comics Jarvis is a person and Tony's butler, who fucks Aunt May at some point. Perhaps some forbidden robot love is afoot?

Twist: Civil War is just an elaborate 80's sex comedy and Vision starts wearing turtlenecks to hide the hickeys Scarlet Witch gave him from Aunt May.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Twist: Civil War is just an elaborate 80's sex comedy and Vision starts wearing turtlenecks to hide the hickeys Scarlet Witch gave him from Aunt May.

But gosh, Sam, both Tony AND Bucky want to take me to the prom, who do I go with?! This could be my only chance!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Fateo McMurray posted:

Watched the trailer, still don't have any idea what the movie is going to be about

Dude is a surgeon, dude has a car accident, he apparently can't be a surgeon any more, he gets recruited by this magic cult to Do Stuff.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

computer parts posted:

Dude is a surgeon, dude has a car accident, he apparently can't be a surgeon any more, he gets recruited by this magic cult to Do Stuff.

Yeah, it's really not the trailers fault that incredibly basic premise wasn't grasped. It's right there, front and center.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

ImpAtom posted:

But gosh, Sam, both Tony AND Bucky want to take me to the prom, who do I go with?! This could be my only chance!

Like Bucky and Cap would go to prom with anyone other than each other.

Immersion ruined.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Cythereal posted:

I'm well aware it's a movie and the effects are CGI, thanks. I was talking about in-setting.

No I know I mean I would wager that poo poo's going on in some parallel magical (or maybe even magickal) realm rather than the real world, so Stark would just be staring out a window at nothing drinking bourbon. As usual.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Like Bucky and Cap would go to prom with anyone other than each other.

Immersion ruined.

But Tony is the hot popular rich kid and Bucky's the greasy long-haired bad boy...

Honestly Civil War should just be a remake of the Breakfast Club starring Tony, Steve, Bucky, Vision and Scarlet Witch.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly Civil War should just be a remake of the Breakfast Club starring Tony, Steve, Bucky, Vision and Scarlet Witch.

Bucky is Allison, right?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Emilio Estevez as Captain America

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rurea posted:

Emilio Estevez as Captain America

Younger Emilio totally could have pulled it off. :colbert:

.... if he wasn't 5'7" ......

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Younger Emilio totally could have pulled it off. :colbert:

.... if he wasn't 5'7" ......

Platform shoes and camera angles, son. Like with Bane in TDKR.

Well, if Joss Whedon knew how to use camera angles, anyway.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

broken clock opsec posted:

Platform shoes and camera angles, son. Like with Bane in TDKR.

Well, if Joss Whedon knew how to use camera angles, anyway.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Gives great form to his backside.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

All honest Americans would. Spiderman needs a two parent household.

Oh, goddamn. :golfclap: :golfclap:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

https://twitter.com/robertdowneyjr/status/459014521655271424

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Hm, do you guys think Robert Downey Jr has issues with his height?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Zzulu posted:

The studios certainly do.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Absolutely, primarily that it makes it really hard to reach the top shelves.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Zzulu posted:

Why do you think he built a suit of armor?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I really hope Dr. Strange takes place a decade or two before the rest of the Marvel movies. Get the origin out of the way and then when he shows up in a crossover movie, it's all gray temples and fingers bent at impossible angles to casually fling magic portals around.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

davidspackage posted:

I really hope Dr. Strange takes place a decade or two before the rest of the Marvel movies. Get the origin out of the way and then when he shows up in a crossover movie, it's all gray temples and fingers bent at impossible angles to casually fling magic portals around.

If you're the Chosen One you can start doing that in like 2 months, tops.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

If you're the Chosen One you can start doing that in like 2 months, tops.

And the gray hair happens instantly too doesn't it?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The CGI of The Ancient One slapping the soul out of Strange is so godawful that I laughed but the Inception environments look great.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
As it's been discussed around here before, sounds like a Thanos-centric GotG2 or Thor 3 is unlikely:

quote:

The death-obsessed Thanos has been lurking in the background of the Marvel Cinematic Universe ever since his mysterious appearance at the end of the first Avengers film. However, aside from a short role atop his throne in Guardians Of The Galaxy and another post-credits appearance in Age Of Ultron we haven’t exactly learned a whole lot about him onscreen. All that will change soon, according to screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, who promise a huge entrance for Thanos In Avengers: Infinity War. "We don't get an element of surprise. Everyone knows he's coming, and yet he hasn't had terribly many scenes that have illuminated very much about him," Markus explained, adding, "You can count on a lot of scenes where we illuminate a lot about him very early."

Thanos’ entrance into the wider MCU isn’t the only task they face. With the amount of characters expected to be included in both films, it's certainly no small chore to make sure everyone gets their due. "The challenge is hanging on to character as motivation when you blow the canvas up to the entire universe. And not to make it seem like all your people look like tiny little video game characters running around," McFeely shared. "It's just trying to balance character moments in the middle of big, crazy Jim Starlin ['Thanos' creator] action," added Markus.

Made me wonder what's the most films a villain as appeared in as a villain (where they are not also protagonist)? Plenty of villains in 2 flicks, what about recurring villain 3+ times? Just thinking if they had IW1+2 about him and a precursor movie to have 3 with him as the main antagonist, would've needed a meatier core than the usual Marvel villains to sustain.

I guess Vader counts, some guys from James Bond maybe, most of the others I can think of sideline the villain or turn him into a sort-of ally by the 3rd movie. But like, the main big bad, 3 times. Even Magneto is iffy in X2.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So is 'metahuman' just an accepted term now?

Because it really should not be.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's been a term in the comics since 1986.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Steve2911 posted:

So is 'metahuman' just an accepted term now?

Because it really should not be.

It's the official phrase that the DC universe is using. Marvel doesn't have an official term, but it seems to be using "Super Heroes" or "Gifted / Powered People" mostly.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MacheteZombie posted:

It's been a term in the comics since 1986.

Yes but it's in movies now. Normal folk may start to think it's ok. :psyduck:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

Not sure why you think DC would abandon their own made up terminology, especially when they probably have it trademarked and can make money off it.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Is "metahuman" offensive in some way I'm not catching, or do you just think it sounds dumb?

Sir Kodiak fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 13, 2016

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Steve2911 posted:

Hey, some of my friends are metahuman! They were just born this way.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sir Kodiak posted:

Is "metahuman" offensive in some way I'm not catching, or do you just think it sounds dumb?

It's certainly better than "mutie".

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know, that one panel goes a very long way to show why trying to compare Mutants to minorities is kind of really really really really really really really stupid and uncomfortable when they get really literal about it

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Gee, Phil,

Squinty
Aug 12, 2007
Tilda Swinton as a monk/kung-fu wizard is as ridiculous as I imagined it would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Jeez man gently caress Kitty Pryde and whoever wrote that I guess

• Locked thread