Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
What are the odds CM Punk is a surprise Rumble entrant in 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Better than him ever fighting in the UFC at this point

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

They would have to find a wheelchair accessible octagon to get an opponent CM Punk could realistically beat in there.

ehhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvxc8S5ybS4

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Intruder posted:

What are the odds CM Punk is a surprise Rumble entrant in 2017

he'd definitely get kicked out of the ufc for doing that to johnson

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

MysteryNad posted:

i couldn't believe it hughes pulled that off against almeida, gotta be up there with the best subs of all time

you probably really hurt fd bringing this up but i agree. hughes is probably one of the only guys whose legacy is so good, submitting big dog is small potatoes

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Much like Randy, Hughes is a reprehensible person in a lot of ways, but that doesn't detract from the fact that he had a staggeringly accomplished career.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lol

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Chris James 2 posted:

When MMA was just starting to get big in Japan, New Japan (under Inoki's advisement) had crossovers between MMA and wrestling. Inoki thought some big up-and-coming names in their company would be bigger if they were also good at MMA, so they had fights, both arranged by the company on their shows and elsewhere.

The most famous example was Yuji Nagata. 2001, he was in the perfect position to be their star. Everything they wanted. Everything Inoki wanted. About to be New Japan champ. And he wanted to show his prize to the world.

So he did a special event (Bom-Be-Ye). Nagata, with no legit experience to speak of, Inoki thought was capable of beating Cro Cop, who was in his prime.

Needless to say, quick and embarrassing, and the company responded by instead giving their belt to a former sumo wrestler (Tadao Yusuda) who submitted a K-1 guy (Jerome Le Banner) on the same show.

It happened to at least a couple other people, but wasn't as embarrassing (off the top of my head, Nakamura lost his MMA debut to a Gracie but won 2 or 3 more fights after, and Sasaki did alright)

The best one of these was when DDT's Heavymetalweight belt (the 24/7 hardcore title) changed hands accidentally at a MMA event two of the wrestlers happened to be working on the side.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Come on now

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

Yea seriously. They'd suspend him and enlist a third party to investigate first before any of this cutting nonsense.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

RagingHematoma posted:

What are the chances CM Punk actually wins his first fight?

He was WWE Champion for a really long time, so I'd give him an over under of about... 9?

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Anal Surgery posted:

He was WWE Champion for a really long time, so I'd give him an over under of about... 9?

As a gambling and probability expert, I'd give him an over under of 69, Mr. Surgery.
Really though I don't know much about CM Punk, but I saw Mickey Gall and I'd say Punk's chances aren't good.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Chillanese posted:

As a gambling and probability expert, I'd give him an over under of 69, Mr. Surgery.
Really though I don't know much about CM Punk, but I saw Mickey Gall and I'd say Punk's chances aren't good.

My only hope is that Dana knows something about Gall we don't... Gall basically won the fight with punk by beating a UBERCAN / photographer. Gall and the Punker could be comparable in skill?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Gall and the Punker could be comparable in skill?

no

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCngu7E8z8I
Not sure who this guy is, but he isn't a fan of the UFC.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
His name is John Cena and he would probably beat up CM Punk

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Lloyd Boner posted:

It doesn't matter how hard a guy does UFC, what matter is how crazy a guy can get when it comes to real fights in the streets.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Keg posted:

It doesn't matter how hard a guy does UFC, what matter is how crazy a guy can get when it comes to real fights in the streets.

Amen brother

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Lloyd Boner posted:

John Cena can lift over 611 pounds..

CM Punk would be squashed by the weights and complain that the weights didn't sell for him.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

CM Punk would punch Cena in the face and it would just heal like the T-1000 and then Punk would tap to the STF

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'm not sure at Cena's odds of walking away with the W at the end of the night though.

How much human does HGH need to pass the test?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Skinty McEdger posted:

I'm not sure at Cena's odds of walking away with the W at the end of the night though.

How much human does HGH need to pass the test?

Everybody says HGH cuz we've heard of that stuff, but the elite like Cena and The Rock actually have stuff unknown to society, probably stuff the government got from crashed spaceships and poo poo. Ask questions.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Heavy Metal posted:

Everybody says HGH cuz we've heard of that stuff, but the elite like Cena and The Rock actually have stuff unknown to society, probably stuff the government got from crashed spaceships and poo poo. Ask questions.

Cena's a mutant. He has incredible healing powers, super strength and can turn invisible.

The Rock is a Rock with the ability to talk.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Pain and Gain showed Rock's actual workout/diet/drug regimen

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Intruder posted:

Pain and Gain showed Rock's actual workout/diet/drug regimen

Cocaine.

Tons of cocaine.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Fozzy The Bear posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCngu7E8z8I
Not sure who this guy is, but he isn't a fan of the UFC.

I love that the WWE company line is still "UFC is not like us, is uncool, and we are not afraid of it," which broadcasts very loudly that they feel the opposite.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I love that the WWE company line is still "UFC is not like us, is uncool, and we are not afraid of it," which broadcasts very loudly that they feel the opposite.

those guys sound insecure, i hope someone kicks their rear end

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
State of him there. Awful patter. Just corporate shite

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

can't believe you guys are bad mouthing my close and personal friend Phil.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lloyd Boner posted:

But can he beat Wong Jack Man, of whom it was established earlier itt that Punk would easily trounce.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Keg posted:

CM Punk can't beat John Cena, because as most opponents of Jon Jones can attest, you can't defeat a man when you can't C him

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm sure he's toeing the company line there but the answer to that question leads one to believe that Cena doesn't actually know the UFC isn't pro wrestling.

That being said, I don't think it's his real opinion either.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

John Cena only cares about wrestling, make a wish kids, and cars

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Not a bad way to be

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yes it is

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

and vodka

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
This thread keeps floating around and making me think something is happening. God damnit fight or gently caress off.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I don't see him fighting tbh. After that injury I can see him having 2nd thoughts.

Anyway I hope he fights because he's going to get loving wrecked.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Does he beat the 45 seconds Mike Jackson lasted against Gall or no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm sure he's toeing the company line there but the answer to that question leads one to believe that Cena doesn't actually know the UFC isn't pro wrestling.

That being said, I don't think it's his real opinion either.

UFC have shown him in the crowd with Nikki before so I'm tending towards it not being his real opinion.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Does he beat the 45 seconds Mike Jackson lasted against Gall or no?

Punk is a master of memphis psychology. He'll stall for the first two minutes at least.

• Locked thread