Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ya sick burn

Oh I'm not defending I dislike them as much as you guys. There's a handful of really great ones floating around but yeah a handful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

The idea of a corpsman being "trained" to do an appendectomy, much less actually having to do one, is hilarious and terrifying at the same time.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaha holy poo poo you guys are hosed

i am shuddering to think about the idiot from kentucky who in ait swore to us before god that he was struck by lighting twice and for reals could go super sayen like goku but it would exhaust him too badly so he refused to do it

also he was given ant dna when he broke his back as a kid and it made him super strong and fixed his back completely

also that when he was in basic at fort benning he got super mad at his drill sergeant so he threw the guidon which had a sharp point top and threw it into a tree and it stuck

or that while on the final FTX that he still had the guidon even after the aforementioned tree incident and a wild boar ran past and he hunted it down and killed it with the guidon and his whole platoon ate roast boar that night (instead of getting assfucked for hunting on federal land)

he refused to shower and was seriously one of the worst people i had to be around. he was like a kindergartner who somehow survived while being unable to learn anything

THIS THE GUY THAT SERIOUSLY GOT SUPER CLOSE TO PASSING AIT AND BECOMING A FULL FLEDGED MEDIC. IM REALLY GODDAMN SERIOUS ABOUT THIS.

Our entire class was loving SCARED that he would pass the course.

when we took a unit chapter test we'd do it first thing in the morning that day. after lunch they would call out the scores with the last 4 of your social. if you got below an 70 it was a fail, and you'd take a retest instead of PT the next morning. if you fail that one, you get recycled back a company to retake the unit once more, and retake the test. if you pass, congrats and continue with your new company. If you fail another test though, you get reclassed to cook or w/e. you got two retests(one for two different tests out of like 10) before you'd get recycled. If you failed the NREMT written or physical test then you'd be recycled. By the end of our 18 weeks about 50% of our total company was recycles from other companies. About 60% of our class was recycled to other companies.

we learned that fucker's last 4 of his social and would listen to see when he would get recycled out of our company and he would be someone else's problem. he was so tantalizingly close (like getting a 72 or something) and the entire class would sigh in unison as the fucker survived another unit

it wasn't until like the second to last test. he bombed and by the time he walked back to the building after dinner chow his bay had broken into his locker and packed all his poo poo in his bags for him to get him out asap

He made it through Fort Benning. He could very well be a medic. he may still be in the army, who knows.

that person theoretically could be depended on giving someone an appendectomy, and it doesnt shock me at all.

gently caress you if you're still in. it's your problem now.

edit: he failed the last test because he was addicted to playing some dragonball z game on a PSone w/ the screen all night under his covers

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 13, 2016

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
After listening to my girlfriend gush about being able to see when messages are delivered/seen/read, I've realized that I can never get an iPhone.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
You can turn read receipts for iMessage off but then she'll just bitch about how you need to turn it on because reasons.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

-edit

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 08:17 on May 7, 2016

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The doc (corpsman) on my boat refused to give me any sort of cold medication when I was so sick I could barely breathe. When we left port I was a line handler topside and hauling the line for 8 seconds put me totally out of breath coughing my rear end off for a minute. The topside chief was the TMC and he asked me if I was okay, NOPE I AM NOT but doc won't give me anything! Oh ok!

Same doc handed off my case to his oncoming replacement when I got the :golfclap:. He got to touch my penis and swab me. That was the only thing that hurt more than pissing at the time.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Mike-o posted:

You can turn read receipts for iMessage off but then she'll just bitch about how you need to turn it on because reasons.

tell her whenever its running read receipts it makes the phone run slower and screw that, you're not dealing with it

it doesnt but w/e

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Mike-o posted:

People who expect/demand immediate replies from a text should just call the loving person they want to talk to. You know, that thing phones were invented to do.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I'll be your guys's personal nurse in a sub :bigtran:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Mike-o posted:

gently caress you all I hit 30 today.

If anything is dad as gently caress, it's hitting that number. Also being a dad and doing dad stuff and realizing it wasn't that loving long ago that I was still single, young, and retarded.

Goongrats old-timer :mrgw::coffee::hf::coffee::corsair:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Quick everyone post your horrible experience with medics/corpsman

I had an O-5 flight doc who was unable to determine whether my symptoms were due to appendicitis or a kidney stone. In a major AFB hospital that no longer possesses any diagnostic imaging equipment. And the only reason I even got to see a doc is because I threatened the idiot at the desk that I was going to have an ambulance come and pick me up right in front of her desk if she didn't do her loving job. Had stone-removal surgery later that day.

Dead Reckoning posted:

After listening to my girlfriend gush about being able to see when messages are delivered/seen/read, I've realized that I can never get an iPhone.

Reported for account-sharing with beanie.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 13, 2016

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Threw my back out moving wall lockers from one set of barracks to another as a E-3.

Was given Motrin and told to do sit-ups.

Thanks Ft Bragg.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

MurderBot posted:

I'll be your guys's personal nurse in a sub :bigtran:

Doc was almost as bad a rider, except for that one time some horseplay led to sickbay. Some A ganger got bodyslammed on his head and started seizing

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Syrian Lannister posted:

Threw my back out moving wall lockers from one set of barracks to another as a E-3.

Thanks Ft Bragg.

:catstare:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I turned off read receipt in iMessage long ago. Too many people, especially girls, get irrationally angry

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Read receipts are literally only for women who want to send a bitchy sub-reply that "Yes I saw your message and no I'm not going to respond"

The only people I know with it on are luddites and crazy women

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Syrian Lannister posted:

Thanks Ft Bragg.

Had a hemroid cut out and they only gave me Motrin.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
to interrupt your gross butt surgery chat, looks like chris evans and joey from friends have been having a lil spat during filming. rip in piss top gear

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Clarkson should sue for custody of The Stig. His new stepfather is a bad influence.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

to interrupt your gross butt surgery chat, looks like chris evans and joey from friends have been having a lil spat during filming. rip in piss top gear

chris evans is a fuckboi

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Godholio posted:

I had an O-5 flight doc who was unable to determine whether my symptoms were due to appendicitis or a kidney stone. In a major AFB hospital that no longer possesses any diagnostic imaging equipment. And the only reason I even got to see a doc is because I threatened the idiot at the desk that I was going to have an ambulance come and pick me up right in front of her desk if she didn't do her loving job. Had stone-removal surgery later that day.

How the flying motherfuck is someone too loving lazy or stupid to do basic diagnostic tests? Like what the gently caress, all it takes to strongly suspect one over the other is maybe two minutes of talking while you poke and prod.

Hell, reasonable suspicion of appendicitis is (normally) enough to be prioritized as a Really Bad Thing just in case.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Having the military be responsible for my health care is terrifying

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Mustang posted:

Having the military be responsible for my health care anything is terrifying

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

How the flying motherfuck is someone too loving lazy or stupid to do basic diagnostic tests? Like what the gently caress, all it takes to strongly suspect one over the other is maybe two minutes of talking while you poke and prod.

Hell, reasonable suspicion of appendicitis is (normally) enough to be prioritized as a Really Bad Thing just in case.

It seemed pretty clear to me it was more likely a stone since there was no change in pain when he pressed on that area.

Thank god they sent me off-base.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Someone lost two liters of blood and it's all over the surgical room lol

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I'm sure your employer (especially considering who your employer is) appreciates you sharing that on the Internet.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm sure your employer (especially considering who your employer is) appreciates you sharing that on the Internet.

Snitches get stitches

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hopefully after the guy that lost 2L of blood.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Don works in a vampire rave?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Godholio posted:

Hopefully after the guy that lost 2L of blood.

Something tells me it's not a guy

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
finally filed my taxes. was expecting to owe about a grand, turns out im getting 300 back :hellyeah:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Teflon Don posted:

Someone lost two liters of blood and it's all over the surgical room lol

Jesus, dude, don't just twist the hanger around all willy nilly. Learn some fine motor skills.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Stone ipa is really good yall

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

2 liters isn't good but you have anywhere from 4.5-7 depending on weight so he's ayyte.

It's the after effects, even with RBC replacement does it suck.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Zeris posted:

Read receipts are literally only for women who want to send a bitchy sub-reply that "Yes I saw your message and no I'm not going to respond"

The only people I know with it on are luddites and crazy women

Unfortunately, when I was told to pick two, I chose "good-looking" plus "nice personality", leaving "not crazy" on the table.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

finally filed my taxes. was expecting to owe about a grand, turns out im getting 300 back :hellyeah:

I have to cut a check to the Great State of Utah for $13. Well worth it to say good riddance.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I didn't think I was going to get anything back since I did school 12 months out of the year and barely worked. Being a student has it's benefits, $2000 back from feds, $130 from MN.

I already spent all of it on candy and Legos.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Teflon Don posted:

Stone ipa is really good yall

fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I ended up owing $1500. Better than the 2k taxact said I owed, but turbotax gave me the lower number and if I don't get audited(pretty unlikely), gently caress it

• Locked thread