Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Honestly I just wanted a seal picture
If I have an email from riot on 7/13/10 would that put me in line to receive something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Bholder posted:

So just like every other pro who retired

except the god imaqtpie, who just gets better and better as time goes by

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lovechop posted:

except the god imaqtpie, who just gets better and better as time goes by

Oh, the guy who never stops playing video games is good at em?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Aerox posted:

So Mikujin is right, but they'll still give it to you if you ask!

Heyyy, lucky! They probably don't have game logs that far back anymore so they just check your account date and run with it.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Spiros posted:

Oh, the guy who never stops playing video games is good at em?

Edgy

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

qt also just plays the meta instead of picking ap lucian mid or playing 8 hours of galio or whatever the other full time streamers get up to

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't think its edgy to point out that a guy whose job is to literally play video games all day keeps getting better at them. Like anything, games are something you get better at with time.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
like theoddone doesnt lmao

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Oddone plays League for like four hours tops and then plays Fire Emblem or some poo poo the rest of the day.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Sounds like every streamer at high level in the dynamic queue.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

anti-magic posted:

Hey what are people who queue for mid putting as their second pick to help skew the results in their favour? I have tried both top and jungle a few times, figuring that they were the next popular picks, to no avail.

I put mid as my second in order to force me to get either top or jungle and I have played nothing but mid games in two days so I think they are secretly prioritizing your second pick.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Spiros posted:

I don't think its edgy to point out that a guy whose job is to literally play video games all day keeps getting better at them. Like anything, games are something you get better at with time.

I don't know, I know people who play league like it's their job and they're "stuck" in gold

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Primetime posted:

I don't know, I know people who play league like it's their job and they're "stuck" in gold

Sometimes there's just certain limits to how well someone can play. I had to completely quit League because my condition prevents me from concentrating for 30+ minute stretches anymore, and while I doubt that's the case for the majority of people, there's personal aspects (like predominant impulsiveness or anxiety) that make rising in the ranks a big challenge. It's not to say that people can't get past that barrier of being "stuck" in X division, but that them being stuck there is likely because of something more deeply ingrained than just not having enough game knowledge or practice.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Vermain posted:

Sometimes there's just certain limits to how well someone can play. I had to completely quit League because my condition prevents me from concentrating for 30+ minute stretches anymore, and while I doubt that's the case for the majority of people, there's personal aspects (like predominant impulsiveness or anxiety) that make rising in the ranks a big challenge. It's not to say that people can't get past that barrier of being "stuck" in X division, but that them being stuck there is likely because of something more deeply ingrained than just not having enough game knowledge or practice.

Is "overestimating your ability to tower dive at level 3" a deeply ingrained issue?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Primetime posted:

Is "overestimating your ability to tower dive at level 3" a deeply ingrained issue?

That's just plain ol' impulsiveness at work, and I'd bet it's not something exclusive to playing League of Legends. I had a big psychological assessment done in the past, and one of the tests was pressing a button whenever a letter (except for X) flashed on the screen as fast as you could. It showed that I have moderate impulsiveness in terms of missing, in that I would rather risk pressing the button and getting it wrong than miss getting it right. It lined up with a lot of my League experience: if I saw what I thought was a good play, I would immediately pounce on it without a lot of forethought, just because I didn't want to let it slip away.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
personally, I take vyvanse to be good at League of Legends

well I take it for medical reasons but being good at league is a side effect

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

henkman posted:

personally, I take vyvanse to be good at League of Legends

Same, except to be a functioning human being.

henkman posted:

well I take it for medical reasons but being good at league is a side effect

Lucky. I got put on it before my condition deteriorated, and I remember being annoyed that my League play only barely improved from before. I made slightly fewer stupid plays, but my reaction time and long-term planning were about the same. I never got past about low Silver before I had to quit.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 13, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
why is soraka so easy and so freelo?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Luna Was Here posted:

Because the grievous wounds revert hasn't gone through yet

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Vermain posted:

Same, except to be a functioning human being.

Lucky. I got put on it before my condition deteriorated, and I remember being annoyed that my League play only barely improved from before. I made slightly fewer stupid plays, but my reaction time and long-term planning were about the same. I never got past about low Silver before I had to quit.

Basically when I'm on it I become bradley cooper in Limitless, the movie where bradley cooper becomes limitless

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Libertine posted:

No one is stuck anywhere. Your ladder rank is your skill rank. If he can't get above diamond 5 it's probably that he's just way out of practice and can't game like he used to. I'm unranked this season and i have no skill at all and I'm pretty sure the system is accurate.

Source your quotes

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

She requires a real dedicated effort to kill which a lot of people don't have if they're not working with a full team and as long as she's alive she's making GBS threads out healing in absurd amounts and can manipulate fights across the map. She isn't that strong if you're well-focused but 'if you're well focused' is a lot to ask from many players.

She's kind of like Blitzcrank in that in an ideal situation she isn't that bad but against players who can't deal with her she becomes oppressive as poo poo.

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
Soraka just shuts down a lot of the ultra-popular midlane assassins as well. I will never get tired of dropping a silence as Zed death marks in and watching him do nothing as the team takes him apart.

Also, Program Soraka is really pretty.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Okay so bond and I finished our placements and I got bronze 2 and he got plat?? Why did they let us duo in the first place.

Also Bard is really good an bronze is really easy. I just finished making some s*ck plays and styling on a vayne and blitz and we win easy at 23 min because even tho their top shyvana was fed ;items don't save you from bird ult. And I tell them "stay golden ponyboy" but everyone thought it was a brony reference. :( This has been your update on gowby for the fourteenth of April, stay safe and stay warded out there summoners.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The splash for the new Diana skin kind of freaks me out a little bit

That head is just huge.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Are there enough skins now for "Team Generic Fire Woman"

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

so the mage rework and all those new items are scheduled for the patch after the upcoming taric patch? thats a lot sooner than i expected.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
yeah easily

Phoenix Quinn top
Foxfire Ahri mid
Infernal Diana jungle
Shadowfire Kindred adc
Wildfire Zyra support

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Darth Windu posted:

Okay so bond and I finished our placements and I got bronze 2 and he got plat?? Why did they let us duo in the first place.

Also Bard is really good an bronze is really easy. I just finished making some s*ck plays and styling on a vayne and blitz and we win easy at 23 min because even tho their top shyvana was fed ;items don't save you from bird ult. And I tell them "stay golden ponyboy" but everyone thought it was a brony reference. :( This has been your update on gowby for the fourteenth of April, stay safe and stay warded out there summoners.

I placed in gold five actually

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

NTT posted:

Could've sworn it said plat!! But grats anywy(?)

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
My friend and I made a pact that we're only going to play ranked this year. But I got too excited about placements and now he's got 7 left and I can't duo with him bc he was low gold last season! The plan is to make silver then duo with him since he won't play by himself but I wish we could just finish placements together, it's dumb that we can't

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

NTT posted:

Hey im same league as u wana duo fire emblem buddy

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I'm in plat 4 now

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Why do you I think I keep showing up in clock's plays.tv videos

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Otherwise I would Luna

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Elentor posted:

Show some. :v:

But yeah, I learn a lot watching myself play. Even in my "highlight reels" there are plenty of mistakes that only really seem obvious after watching the replay.
Hah people are probably tired of them by now. Or all too happy to break them down in every sense.

PS: I already know I'm boosted and terrible, and why and where I've hosed up in all my videos.

NTT posted:

Why do you I think I keep showing up in clock's plays.tv videos

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Firebert posted:

yeah easily

Phoenix Quinn top
Foxfire Ahri mid
Infernal Diana jungle
Shadowfire Kindred adc
Wildfire Zyra support

VS

Volcanic Wukong top
Firefang Warwick mid
Molten Rammus Jungle
Infernal Mordekaiser adc
Charred Maokai support

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
How are you going to put all that stuff into the video and then leave out the sick triple kill vayne guy and I participated in

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Yo I'm loving dying at that Braum Q you had on Yasuo. I knew you sniped him because he was low, but the way you did it is hilarious. He was like 95% of the way to a full flow bar

http://plays.tv/video/570ed482368b1...-buff?from=user

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
^^^ 100% to being a goddamn noob.

Darth Windu posted:

And I tell them "stay golden ponyboy"
This is the best thing, truly Bard reveals new and exciting mechanics every day.

• Locked thread