Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I promise you that, soon, not only will you be able to have a deathclaw companion, but you will also be able to have sex with said deathclaw companion.

You're a national treasure, Cream of Plenty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

cheesetriangles posted:

So I guess I can't have a deathclaw companion?

No, but with high charisma you can get deathclaw followers.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

lunatikfringe posted:

Also sometimes loading a quicksave or autosave will mess up because its doesn't clear scripts that were already in the queue. Load a previous hard save (manual save) and see if you get the same thing.

Yeah, that did the trick. Thanks. What a weird bug.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Zudgemud posted:

No, but with high charisma you can get deathclaw followers.

How does that work?

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

cheesetriangles posted:

How does that work?

Wasteland Whisperer Rank 3 pacifies them and lets you command them to do stuff.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Filthy Casual posted:

Wasteland Whisperer Rank 3 pacifies them and lets you command them to do stuff.

Will they travel with me?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Did missile turrets get nerfed? All of mine are now firing a single missile every three seconds instead of being ridiculous missile-spewing miniguns.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
So what's the verdict on the latest DLC? I current'y don't have the time to find out if it's good on my own.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Dorkopotamis posted:

So what's the verdict on the latest DLC? I current'y don't have the time to find out if it's good on my own.

It adds workshop stuffs. Lights, toys, things that let you force death matches between Marcy Long and whatever will make that bitch die the most painful death in the history of deaths. Also you can spell out obscenities and post them all over your settlements in neon for all the world to see.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Gonkish posted:

It adds workshop stuffs. Lights, toys, things that let you force death matches between Marcy Long and whatever will make that bitch die the most painful death in the history of deaths. Also you can spell out obscenities and post them all over your settlements in neon for all the world to see.

Seems not good.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Dorkopotamis posted:

As someone who purchased horse armor and enjoyed it. This is worse.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dorkopotamis posted:

Seems not good.

For $5 it could have been worse. If you're not interested in settlements you can safely ignore this.

I was hoping for a bit more building components/variety, but there's still some neat new stuff.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Nasgate posted:

As someone who purchased horse armor and enjoyed it. This is worse.

Haha, no it isn't

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
When Automatron dropped I rolled a new character and then hit the ballistic weave lockout bug with no way around it (PS4).

Rolled a new character a week ago to prep for Wasteland Workshop and play Automatron, hit the bug that locks out the entirety of Automatron. No way around it on that character.

I guess I'll just wait until Far Harbour to try again.

lunatikfringe
Jan 22, 2003

isndl posted:

I'm not really surprised, as I understand it the renderer is a custom in-house rewrite of the original Gamebryo tech they licensed way back when they developed Morrowind. Whoever is assigned the job of trying to hack together multi-GPU support onto that is being asked to do a job of Herculean proportions.

SLI is a dying trend. On paper it seemed like 2X cards should give me 2X performance! In practice however, you get marginal increases in performance for a huge investment in money and power usage.

You get much better gains in performance just sinking that money into a single card with better specs. No game studio in their right mind is going to spend the huge amount of resources optimizing the game for multi-gpu SLI right now. Unless SLI technology improves by leaps and bounds, it will fade away.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

Haha, no it isn't

2 dollars for something that adds nothing to the game vs 5 dollars for the same.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Rinkles posted:

For $5 it could have been worse. If you're not interested in settlements you can safely ignore this.

I was hoping for a bit more building components/variety, but there's still some neat new stuff.

Yeah, at least a couple more material types beyond the concrete would have been nice. Like wood that doesn't look like poo poo, stone, brick, painted metal, whatever.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

lunatikfringe posted:

SLI is a dying trend. On paper it seemed like 2X cards should give me 2X performance! In practice however, you get marginal increases in performance for a huge investment in money and power usage.

You get much better gains in performance just sinking that money into a single card with better specs. No game studio in their right mind is going to spend the huge amount of resources optimizing the game for multi-gpu SLI right now. Unless SLI technology improves by leaps and bounds, it will fade away.

:colbert: nVidias SLI has been around for 12 years (and the practice of using two cards at once has been around much longer), there's never been a better use for it than right now (4K monitors and VR), and the scaling has never been better (lots of games at 4K do show ~2x the performance).

SLI has never really been about going out and buying two midrange cards as opposed to buying one high end card. More like buying two high end cards or buying one mid range and then adding another down the road when they're cheaper or you have more cash.

But that said, there have still been times when it made sense depending on what you were playing. E.g. SLI 770s had a lot of things going for them IIRC.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Arsten posted:

There is a device called a "relaxation transmitter." Build one near the center outside of the area (so it can reach both sides of the arena) and turn it on. They will be peaceful AIs until you turn it back off.

Is that the 'quitting time siren'? Or the beta wave emitter? I tried the former but no luck. It doesn't seem to do much to stop them going hostile.Don't have the perks to built the latter.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ThomasPaine posted:

Is that the 'quitting time siren'? Or the beta wave emitter? I tried the former but no luck. It doesn't seem to do much to stop them going hostile.Don't have the perks to built the latter.

The beta will pacify all your pokemons except gunners, raiders, and super mutants, who are always hostile. That's what I read anyway, I haven't tried It yet.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I'm wanting to pacify my own settlers so they go in their loving boxes before the fight rather than start running around outside my arena shooting each other the second I allocate the second contestant

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm wanting to pacify my own settlers so they go in their loving boxes before the fight rather than start running around outside my arena shooting each other the second I allocate the second contestant

The quitting time siren is supposed to do that.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

cheesetriangles posted:

Will they travel with me?

Unfortunately, its not gonna be as cool as Goris in 2, but at least you can herd them into your death pits with the Workshop.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Spent almost the entire day doing this. :shepicide:

May I present: The Armory!

First floor is an open power armor garage where I keep my favorite and most used power armors.

Here is where I keep spare parts. Note the neon lettering used to mark which container is what. I don't have one for Raider Power Armor because that poo poo is garbage not even worth picking up and selling.

Back outside to show how tall the building is, and to show off more neon lettering and the traffic light. I like the fact that a rad storm is occurring while I took these screenshots.

Second floor is armor. Once again neon lettering is used to mark containers. This was the primary reason I started this project, as I got tried of having to scroll through the zillions of armor pieces in the Workshop Menu. Not pictured, storage for clothes and other apparel.

Third floor is weapons + chem station for making those oh so delicious drugs. I just realized I spelled Institute wrong. :doh:

I've got another building for spare power armor but I'll wait on posting that if anyone is interested. I am liking the new options Wasteland Workshop has given us. Neon letters are a godsend in helping with organizing stuff, plus they look pretty. :3:
This was a bit of a spreg post but I wanted to give ya'll an idea of what you can do with the new DLC.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 13, 2016

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Starhawk64 posted:

Spent almost the entire day doing this. :shepicide:

(Armory of Aspergian Delights)

I am absolutely going to rip off this signage idea when I re-roll, because I'm tired of hunting for heavy leather in my general armor bin.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Jonesy posted:

I am absolutely going to rip off this signage idea when I re-roll, because I'm tired of hunting for heavy leather in my general armor bin.

Seriously, labeling tool chests is a great idea. Up there with whoever suggested using different hats to keep track of which NPCs you had assigned to various jobs. Ring the call bell and find who doesn't have a hat on and give them a job.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I'm on play through 2 and doing the BoS this time. I've done the Cambridge police department stuff to the point that they're just giving me radiant fetch and clear quests. Is there somewhere else I have to go to advance the quest line or do I have to kill Kellogg to get the blimp to show up?

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Ron Jeremy posted:

I'm on play through 2 and doing the BoS this time. I've done the Cambridge police department stuff to the point that they're just giving me radiant fetch and clear quests. Is there somewhere else I have to go to advance the quest line or do I have to kill Kellogg to get the blimp to show up?

Yeah you need to progress the main story to a certain point for it to happen.

It'll show up even if you haven't done anything, including finding the missing patrol as long as you reach a certain point in the main story line.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

ModeSix posted:

Yeah you need to progress the main story to a certain point for it to happen.

It'll show up even if you haven't done anything, including finding the missing patrol as long as you reach a certain point in the main story line.

That certain point is kelogg, right?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Scott Forstall posted:

Seriously, labeling tool chests is a great idea. Up there with whoever suggested using different hats to keep track of which NPCs you had assigned to various jobs. Ring the call bell and find who doesn't have a hat on and give them a job.

It was a pretty good workaround until they implemented the interface that lets you just look at a settler in Workshop mode and see what they were assigned to as an icon. It does add a layer of redundancy though.

I do still give all my provisioners mining helmets with colored head lamps.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Ron Jeremy posted:

That certain point is kelogg, right?

Yes

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
DLC also gives you a decontamination arch that takes away all your radiation and only takes 2 power. Useful!

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Anyone play on survival in the beta and not have it default to very hard after the release patch but also not say [survival] next to your save? I'm ducked, stuck in survival and it doesn't say survival next to my save and never got a popup after about it switching back. All 3 saves on my character are like that.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

FrankieGoes posted:

It should be stone colored, but I'm trying to make do with concrete.

Can I come stay in your rose room? I promise you won't even see me unless you go into the guest wing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Scott Forstall posted:

Seriously, labeling tool chests is a great idea.

They should add equipable mannequins, a la the New Vegas mod Lombard Station.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Being able to throw armor onto a mannequin like you can with power armor frames is probably top of my list for aesthetic/gimmick changes to the game. There's at least one mod already that does it, but I'm on ps4, so gently caress.

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."

Zeron posted:

DLC also gives you a decontamination arch that takes away all your radiation and only takes 2 power. Useful!

I love that thing!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Rinkles posted:

They should add equipable mannequins, a la the New Vegas mod Lombard Station.

Or even Skyrim, the Bethesda game prior to this one. Same with weapon stands.

But really, what are settlers for if not toiling away for your vegetable starch empire while proudly displaying your clothing sets?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

Or even Skyrim, the Bethesda game prior to this one. Same with weapon stands.

But really, what are settlers for if not toiling away for your vegetable starch empire while proudly displaying your clothing sets?

That's another thing where I just wonder why they made decisions they way they did.

People loved building their fancy houses in Skyrim with Homestead and displaying their weapons and armor. Why do they think people wouldn't want that in Fallout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So I built a set of powered doors that are opened via pressure plate. I can confirm two things: it requires a fuckload of wiring, and there's almost no real reason to do this aside from wanting to emulate Star Trek.

• Locked thread