Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Joementum posted:

Right I get the reference, but it'd be funnier if he was holding a fork.

John K tells dad jokes, but he's not a prop comedian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i'm surprised marco rubio was even mentioned this long after he ceased being relevant

much like i was astonished when the name 'mitt romney' was spoken for the first time in years

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pinterest Mom posted:

John K tells dad jokes, but he's not a prop comedian.

I've come to expect more from candidates.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
We gave the Syrians Caro what the gently caress else could we give

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

shiksa posted:

lowtax

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

shiksa posted:

Caro was such a bad gift they threw him back

Mr. Boogie
Apr 1, 2013

Is a meat patty something or nothing?
23 Trump Supporters Explain Why America Needs “The Wall”

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

The slow realization that Cruz is going to get there unless he's stopped right now coupled with this month being his weakest link is unleashing all the Cruz stories and reminding people that he's Ted Cruz. Those sky high Trump negatives are about to be re-matched by Cruz negatives. What's more, Drudge joining Breitbart in the Trump corner is the first thing in a while that's going to really hurt him.

It doesn't matter unless he loses Indiana, but if Wisconsin was his last stand the Northeast is a gauntlet he needs to survive to get there. Right now he's polling third in all of it behind a guy who will get ten delegates this month and is on pace to finish behind Rubio. When he does finish third everywhere it will really unleash the anti-Cruz kraken for a week or two. If he still wins Indiana after that, he's a freaking organizational genius and will be genuinely dangerous in the GE despite everything. If he loses, lolGOP.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Making America Swole Again

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

It's that shirt again

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Donald Pump

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Wonder how he would feel if he found out his ancestors actually did it illegally at the time (whatever the hell that we entail, not like it was as hard as it is today to get in).

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DaveWoo posted:

It's that shirt again

Dolan pls

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Hahahaha it's a Dom Mazzetti shirt, ofc

https://www.instagram.com/p/-uUb56GYko/

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Adar posted:

The slow realization that Cruz is going to get there unless he's stopped right now coupled with this month being his weakest link is unleashing all the Cruz stories and reminding people that he's Ted Cruz. Those sky high Trump negatives are about to be re-matched by Cruz negatives. What's more, Drudge joining Breitbart in the Trump corner is the first thing in a while that's going to really hurt him.

It doesn't matter unless he loses Indiana, but if Wisconsin was his last stand the Northeast is a gauntlet he needs to survive to get there. Right now he's polling third in all of it behind a guy who will get ten delegates this month and is on pace to finish behind Rubio. When he does finish third everywhere it will really unleash the anti-Cruz kraken for a week or two. If he still wins Indiana after that, he's a freaking organizational genius and will be genuinely dangerous in the GE despite everything. If he loses, lolGOP.

See, this kind of real talk is what keeps me awake at night. To me, a guy from Texas, Cruz always has been the nightmare candidate; he is the loving quintessential Machiavellian politician. He's the guy who lusts for power and should never be allowed anywhere near it. Too many people have underestimated him his whole life and yet, here we are, still underestimating just how much of a shitlord manipulator he is and how far that can take him.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Joementum posted:

I've come to expect more from candidates.

This is the kind of thing I expect before Trump kicks Rubio in the stomach and gives him the Yooge Cold Stunner.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/720379362210484225

There's a donation link at the website. Every Democratic-aligned super PAC should be dumping money into this thing. Let's fund these fuckers until they have airborne capability!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Stop the steal? He has the worlds best words and that's what he gives us?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Stop the steal? He has the worlds best words and that's what he gives us?

:sad:

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
THOU SHALT NOT STEAM

In July, let's march on Cleveland and tell the GOP, no, you will not do a Cleveland steamer on Trump.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Turning Trump/Cruz into Eisenhower/Taft is the best twist yet. :getin:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

sharkbomb posted:

There's a donation link at the website. Every Democratic-aligned super PAC should be dumping money into this thing. Let's fund these fuckers until they have airborne capability!
:lol: I'm sure that money will be used in a responsible manner.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hey, did you guys know that John Kasich is the son of a mailman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2I6koBTwI8

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

John Kasich was the actual Son of Sam.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

radical meme posted:

See, this kind of real talk is what keeps me awake at night. To me, a guy from Texas, Cruz always has been the nightmare candidate; he is the loving quintessential Machiavellian politician. He's the guy who lusts for power and should never be allowed anywhere near it. Too many people have underestimated him his whole life and yet, here we are, still underestimating just how much of a shitlord manipulator he is and how far that can take him.

Cruz is scary as gently caress. If Clinton is all but guaranteed to win this year I'd prefer him to be the candidate she beats. I want him to get the loser label, if not he'll be back in every 4 years until he wins or is otherwise disgraced. I'm worried if it is Trump, Cruz'll be the "I told you so" candidate in 2020 and a terror attack or a recession will get him elected.

I pretty much arzy-ed an election 4+ years away, didn't I?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

pangstrom posted:

That sounds very old-school Roman.

Senatvs Popvlvsqve Trvmpvs

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/anncoulter/status/720368003489996800

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mmmmmmmust

hold this... ff..ffart i-eh-EHGNH-EHNNGH-innnnnn

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

What evidence is there that a terror attack will swing things the way of the party out of power? Benghazi certainly didn't. 9/11 happened on a Republicans watch and he got reelected. None of what's gone down lately seems to be having much of an effect. If something really bad goes down soon, my guess is that Republicans attack it like a rabid dog and motivate the base to vote and manage to lose the next election a little more closely than they would have otherwise?

I know the classic idea is that Republicans are strong on Defense, but the poo poo that has gone down over the last 16 years doesn't really give much meat to that idea. The consequences of Iraq and Afghanistan are pretty clear, and Obama's administration comes out of these last two terms looking far more effective on the National Security front than Bush's did.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 14, 2016

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
If Trump gets the nomination, then Ted Cruz will be back in 2020 riding high on his 'true conservative' narrative. The excuse for losing the election against a "weak" Clinton will be because they nominated Trump (a liberal with NY values).

If Cruz wins the nomination, then a 'back-stabbed' narrative is going to take hold in the GOP and fester through the election. Trump is going to be fanning those flames as an easy way to maintain his celebrity. When the 2020 elections come around the conventional wisdom in the Republican party will be that they lost in 2016 because that nasty guy Ted Cruz and the establishment politicians subverted the will of the party.

sucks to be reince.

Neither of these outcomes will force the GOP to adapt to new demographics in the USA.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I imagine Reince as the captain of the Titanic. Everyone is running around like a lunatic as there isn't enough life boats and he's just there trying to sell an air of quiet dignity knowing he's going down with this bitch.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

remusclaw posted:

What evidence is there that a terror attack will swing things the way of the party out of power? Benghazi certainly didn't. 9/11 happened on a Republicans watch and he got reelected. None of what's gone down lately seems to be having much of an effect. If something really bad goes down soon, my guess is that Republicans attack it like a rabid dog and motivate the base to vote and manage lose the next election a little more closely than they would have otherwise?

I know the classic idea is that Republicans are strong on Defense, but the poo poo that has gone down over the last 16 years doesn't really give much meat to that idea. The consequences of Iraq and Afghanistan are pretty clear, and Obama's administration comes out of these last two terms looking far more effective on the National Security front than Bush's did.

Bill Maher yelled it one time?

I'm with you. I'm not sure that the post-9/11 fervor is reproduce-able while my generation is alive, I don't trust the Golden Calf to be able to ride that wave as expertly as Bush/Rove/Cheney, I don't think a terrorist attack somehow flips over 2/3rds of the nations opinions on Donald Trump (it's not like there's anyone thinking "wow this guy is lovely, but I'm sure he'd know how to handle the military" who isn't already knee deep in it), I doubt a former secretary of state who can say she was in on icing Bin Laden is going to drop the ball so hard it causes any of the previous points, and I especially don't buy that all this happens while Obama is the actual president and can say stuff and do stuff.

Not impossible, but this black swan isn't that black to me yet.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

I met Dom Mazzetti once. Nice guy, shorter than I expected tho

welp, that's my story

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I don't get the idea that a terrorist attack hurts Hillary. She can claim (falsely) some cred for killing Osama, she voted for the War on Terror, and she's comfortable with bellicose rhetoric. Who the hell would look at a terrorist attack and think "Cruz would save us from these horrors!"

e: eerily beaten on all my points by I&S

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

TheTatteredKing posted:

I imagine Reince as the captain of the Titanic. Everyone is running around like a lunatic as there isn't enough life boats and he's just there trying to sell an air of quiet dignity knowing he's going down with this bitch.

:sad:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I don't get the idea that a terrorist attack hurts Hillary. She can claim (falsely) some cred for killing Osama, she voted for the War on Terror, and she's comfortable with bellicose rhetoric. Who the hell would look at a terrorist attack and think "Cruz would save us from these horrors!"

e: eerily beaten on all my points by I&S

Plus there were terrorist attacks recently and it looks like it did gently caress all for Trump in terms of a boost. He's the law and order guy but the public at large thinks Clinton would be better about national security

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Joementum posted:

I laughed out loud at the part where it says "YOU quit"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Fidel Castronaut posted: