Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Broseph Brostar posted:

Anybody want to see Jim Sterling's sexual fetish?

It's just a photo of Jim Sterling, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VideoGames posted:

Hello thread, I've been having a really good time this April mining rocks in Eve Online. It's been so relaxing that I feel like I am lying down.
I hear the same thing about freezing to death.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UyILHTH90E

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

Anime becoming big in the west loving killed the Wacky Tiny Toons dudes and all their output.

Tiny Toons is anime, check the credits sometime

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I feel weirdly mixed about this. I liked fabel 3 more then i should have because i liked and mostly because the choices while binary and dumb were interesting. during your rebelion travels you find a eldrich evil that is slowlyi crawling toward the kingdom. basicaly you have a year to accumulate enough wealth and resourses to fight it off or most of your population dies. So alot of times you have to break your promices to your fellow conspirators, and do stuff like keep the factories running and heavier taxes. Now i was able to keep most of my promices, except toward the one stero typical leftist. so idk but most of their other games are meh or crap.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

I cannot get enough of High Quality Game Audio Rips
Same, they're almost all very High Quality.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I feel weirdly mixed about this. I liked fabel 3 more then i should have because i liked and mostly because the choices while binary and dumb were interesting. during your rebelion travels you find a eldrich evil that is slowlyi crawling toward the kingdom. basicaly you have a year to accumulate enough wealth and resourses to fight it off or most of your population dies. So alot of times you have to break your promices to your fellow conspirators, and do stuff like keep the factories running and heavier taxes. Now i was able to keep most of my promices, except toward the one stero typical leftist. so idk but most of their other games are meh or crap.

I heard in Fable 1 you could cut a tree down and count the lines to figure out how old it was!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

edit: double post

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Nasgate posted:

That would be against pokemon usage guidelines.

I recall Brock making tons of fruit sandwiches and [s]filled rice balls[/'s] DONUTS

Fixed that for you.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I skipped dinner last night so that I'd wake up hungry. Hungry for Souls..

...still hasn't shown up

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

VideoGames posted:

Hello thread, I've been having a really good time this April mining rocks in Eve Online. It's been so relaxing that I feel like I am lying down.

I'm not very dark soulsy. I've not gone back to Dark Souls 1 since I mentioned it in the last thread. I guess one day it will just click properly and I'll play it.

It is a niche series and it is ok that not everyone likes it, as with many niches.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

It is a niche series and it is ok that not everyone likes it, as with many niches.

A niche doesn't really refer to a market mainstay, nor something that sells so well across platforms.

You are technically right though because videogames is a niche market so every videogame could be considered niche.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I played Demons Souls, but never any of the other Souls games. Im also interested in Bloodborne. Any recs as whether I should buy Bloodborne or DS3?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Funk posted:

I played Demons Souls, but never any of the other Souls games. Im also interested in Bloodborne. Any recs as whether I should buy Bloodborne or DS3?

Bloodborne. It's perfect for Souls newbies.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Playing and learning a new Souls game at the same time as everyone else is a cool feeling so I'd recommend Dark Souls III right now

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jKsj345Jjw

:stare:

Nasgate posted:

A niche doesn't really refer to a market mainstay, nor something that sells so well across platforms.

Sure it does.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Is extra credit still annoying garbage

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Telling me that a Tom Clancy game has bad politics is not a surprise and you don't need a 10 minute video to tell me why.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ahundredbux posted:

Is extra credit still annoying garbage

they covered most big game topics in their first 3 years and now they just make poo poo about hearthstone balance or whatever other thing might interest a guy who speeds up his voice to near chipmunk pitch in all his videos

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

also the majority of their output now is nerd history lessons about wars the guy googled recently

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
So..... yes?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ahundredbux posted:

So..... yes?

have confidence in your intuition

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAm-kbzT7xw

Still my favourite Extra Credits video.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

they covered most big game topics in their first 3 years and now they just make poo poo about hearthstone balance or whatever other thing might interest a guy who speeds up his voice to near chipmunk pitch in all his videos

It's almost like the channel assumes the audience is interested in making games themselves and can learn something from a video about the balance of a wildly successful card game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

It's almost like the channel assumes the audience is interested in making games themselves and can learn something from a video about the balance of a wildly successful card game.

card games can get hosed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

:allears:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hearthstone is a bad card game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

no accounting for taste

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

PBS Newshour posted:

Hearthstone is a bad card game.

nah

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

no accounting for taste

I don't particularly like card games. It's just such a childish statement in the context of a video that discussed a game system in an educational context.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

I don't particularly like card games. It's just such a childish statement in the context of a video that discussed a game system in an educational context.

this is a fun and civil side convo about your opinions on my opinions which you've made in defense of a hypothetical video regarding a thing you don't feel passionately about.

this time of day after work its nice to have a thread to follow as i decompress. thanks

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Actually, it's the game that you like that is bad.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hearthstone is good. Unlike Gwent which is bad

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Macaluso posted:

Hearthstone is good. Unlike Gwent which is bad

The AI In Gwent is also really dumb, and you can have it waste all of its good cards in the first round, which makes the other rounds incredibly easy.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

if card games are bad, what is your stance on board games

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Ostentatious posted:

if card games are bad, what is your stance on board games

Card games bad

Fortune street is awesome

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNRuTnaRML0

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

:eyepop: This rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

If you want to play a good card/board game, Twilight Struggle, the greatest game ever made is now available on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/406290/

• Locked thread